Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
marc_max said:
IceIceBird said:
(Warning don't try this if you don't know what you're doing)

Maybe someone could try this with the lost winds games and the others that don't work correctly at the moment.
Play and use the latest d2x cIOS (with debug on) installed at ios53 on real nand and save some log files.
(ios53 is what the Lost Winds games use, other games can use different ios but you can use the same method).

* One when it creates the first save.
* And one when you start the game with an already existing save for the game.
* And maybe one when you play the game to a new savepoint.

Then we could use these and compare with the emu nand logs
wink.gif

And of course once again don't forgett to switch back the ios afterwards
wink.gif

Are you sure it uses IOS53? LostWinds was released as one of the first WiiWare games back in 2008. IOS53 wasn't available in that moment. It should be IOS35 or 37.

QUOTE(davebaol @ Apr 14 2011, 07:20 PM)
Tested with bases 38 and 56, while both LostWinds 1 and 2 use IOS53.
Never had enough time to build manually a cios d2x based on ios 53.

I took his word for it
wink.gif

Edit:
Lost Winds = IOS33
Lost Winds Winter of The Melodias = IOS53
Castlevania ReBirth = IOS53
Swords & Soldiers = IOS53
Max and the Magic Marker = IOS53

galen2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tested with v3 and v4 beta2 with some loaders, this cIOS are stable and fast, good work!, i have forced to use v17/v19 cIOS for lag problems with my 3 hard disks, now 3 works without lag.

I have issues with Wiiflow, i can´t download covers with v4b2, with default IOS d2x 249/56 i can run games (Wiiflow say base 57) but i can´t change IOS to 222/223/224 Hermes 5.1 or wii frezee, tested with r304 and r346 and v3/v4b2, seems that no have support for d2x cIOS, with v19 all works fine.

CFG USB Loader not have this problems, can download covers and change IOS, solid rock, it have support for d2x v3 and v4b2 works fine, but still no support, show base as ??, tested with 68b2.

USB Loader GX 1080b works well too, no problem changing IOS and can download covers with v4b2.

Migthy Loader v15 works with d2x without problems too, i can download covers, no IOS reload tested.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@galen2
Thanks for your feedback.
About wiiflow issue try this:
[*]Download d2x v4beta2[*]In ModMii's folder modules/d2x-beta rename the file EHCI.app to something different, for example EHCI.bck.
This way ModMii will use the EHCI.app from d2x v3.[*]Build the modified d2x v4beta2 (the invalid file report is expected, don't worry about that)[*]Install the wad and let me know if the issue is still there

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
@galen2
Thanks for your feedback.
About wiiflow issue try this:
[*]Download d2x v4beta2[*]In ModMii's folder modules/d2x-beta rename the file EHCI.app to something different, for example EHCI.bck.
This way ModMii will use the EHCI.app from d2x v3.[*]Build the modified d2x v4beta2 (the invalid file report is expected, don't worry about that)[*]Install the wad and let me know if the issue is still there

I did this, and WiiFlow now works again with cover downloads.

However I'm getting a ret-1 ERROR: I cant get title list in Mighy Channels now. I changed the version number to 249 v21 and 250 v65535 so wiiflow would play nice, I'm guessing thats now why Mighty Channels cant find my emu nand cause I moved it to /nand folder and the arguments in MC require the version of 249 to be 21003+

Edit: I have my xml for MC to use ios250 which is ver 65535, which I thought would play well with arguments in MC, Does MC require v# to be 21003-4?

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Download MC v11.1 and use any d2x cios with version between 21 and 30000.
Version 65535 is not supported.

About wiiflow, please try it again by replacing only the EHCI module.
I mean, don't change the version back to 21.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will we be forced to have multiple cIOS installed or over-right multiple cIOS to have mighty channel boot up certain games or is it possible to maybe be able to choose which cIOS loads the game up? I do not play these problematic games however I am curious about this non the less. Thanks again.

Naguz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Could you make a habit out of posting a direct link to the newest versions? No reason to force people to use ModMiil, especially as it is Windows only. (And honestly, just a hassle). That would be great for us non-Windows users.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Naguz said:
Could you make a habit out of posting a direct link to the newest versions? No reason to force people to use ModMiil, especially as it is Windows only. (And honestly, just a hassle). That would be great for us non-Windows users.

It is because the official IOS code the cIOS uses is not legal to be shared.

Naguz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
An installer then, perhaps? It is what has always been done by Hermes or Waninkoko in the past. An installer to be run on the Wii that is.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Naguz said:
Do you mean a direct link to d2x in wad form?
Sorry, it's against the rules of this forum.

An installer is out of question, at least for the time being since I work more than 10 hours a day.

And you can use a Windows virtual machine to run ModMii.
wink.gif

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
davebaol said:
Naguz said:
Do you mean a direct link to d2x in wad form?
Sorry, it's against the rules of this forum.

An installer is out of question, at least for the time being since I work more than 10 hours a day.

And you can use a Windows virtual machine to run ModMii.
wink.gif
And modmii is really good, and definitly not a hassle...only downside is indeed it is only for windows.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Naguz said:
Could you make a habit out of posting a direct link to the newest versions? No reason to force people to use ModMii, especially as it is Windows only. (And honestly, just a hassle). That would be great for us non-Windows users.
No one is forcing u to use ModMii to use the d2x cIOSs... but its easier than the alternative (which is what ModMii does, but just automates the process). U can dump wanin's cIOSrev21 into a wad using bluedump or showmiiwads+nand or w/e. Then unpack the wad using w/e tool u want, there are lots out there. Then just identify the modules that have been improved upon (ie. EHCI) then replace the original modules with d2x modules, then repack the wad. Done.

ModMii sounding better now? lol

Naguz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
XFlak said:
ModMii sounding better now? lol
No, aormal installer or another app i ca run on the Wii itself still sounds better.
tongue.gif
But, alas, I caæt have everything, can I.

davebaol: Create a virtual machine, create a storage image file using 10GB+ of HD space, then installing a Windows OS on it, which you would either need to get illegally or pay a hundred bucks for, to install software o my Wii. Wow, actually XFlak's soulution sound easier now.

TBH, I have a machine that dual boots Win already, so I'll manage. Just thought I'd mention it, since not everybode has that.

I hoped for an easy fix if possible, but if an installer needs work, you must propritize ofc.
smile.gif

I actually thought there were freely availible tools/libraries for building these installers already, as so many apps have the functionality. Have fired up Windows now, and looking foreward o using your great work (or so they say) with Mighty Channels.
smile.gif

But still *Longing for the day noone thinks Windows avalible is a given*

Naguz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
WiiBricker said:
You want an installer?

Get the d2x cIOS wads you want with ModMii and embed them into a dol with Crazy Installer. Voila, you got your installer.
Yes, then I don't need to run ModMii! You are a genius! No, wait a minute... I guess not. Not at all. Quite the opposite. Or you are just a bit too lazy to read before you reply.
tongue.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I know this question is a little off topic however how do you create your own installer with Crazy Installer? I think the idea of grabbing a bunch of cIOS that I already use and batch install them on another persons Wii would be cool but still highly unnecessary.

It's just it asks for a .wad file and then outputs a .dol file so where do you place all the cios you would want to add?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the whole point of crazy installer is that it is a totally legit way to install LEGAL homebrew channels. In other words, u don't need a cIOS to install the channel, and the channel doesn't have any ninty content.

Using the crazy installer to install a cIOS is pointless, the crazy installer will contain ninty code from the base IOS, so while the installer itself is legal and doesn't require a cIOS, the content contains ninty code. So basically, it won't be a legal way of distributing\installing the cIOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn @Xdqwerty chasing off users like a Juan