Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

OlivierTheBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maxpayne125 said:
davebaol :the official rev 20 lacie 1to my work from time to time with usbloadergx wifflow 2 or 2 ... by cons with going with nothing rev21d2x No matter what version my day with him not essyer neogamma presentation because I think when it's not terrible thank you for your help

P.S: I speak no English french
He said that he can use with wiiflow and cios rev 20 sometimes with his hard disk lacie 1Tbyte but never with cios rev 21dx (any version )

and he thanks for help.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol: maybe an easy function for saving savegames to SD/USB instead of the limited real nand could be added in the future, so the usb loaders could implement it easier. Sure it already can be done by using the nand emulation, but as said most of the usb loaders don't want to look in to it. So if there was an easy function for this in the cIOS maybe they will add it then
wink.gif
The only one I know of is uLoader that suport it at the moment.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skater4599 said:
davebaol said:
That's really weird.
Which version of MC are you using?
Can you try both MC v11.1 and MC beta6 MOD with d2x v4beta2?

I'm using the mod yardape did of beta 6 mod, ill try the others out and post results
Well for me it is still not perfect...i tried S&S with this combo, and it started 1 time and it didn't the second and third time.
I also tried the two Lost winds games, lost winds played fine but WoM crashed in the first part, not far after you have to sing to the statue.

I tested the same with MC 11.1, i am afraid it makes no difference, with this MC version the same thing happens.

galen2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Davebaol:

With ECHI module from v3 compiled to v4b2 i can download covers on wiiflow, but still i cant change IOS to Hermes or wii frezee/black screen loading game. Wiiflow default 249IOS56. With CFG USB Loader i can change IOS to Hermes and with v19 and Wiiflow i can too, next i will test v20 and v21 (not tested before for lag problems). It´s a Wiiflow issue but i dont know if it´s a issue with d2x or v21.

About v4b3, here a complete list of games affected with IOS reload problem and not playable from usb loader, some could be patching it to 249, others not, with new code must load with v4b3 + neogamma from disc:
CSI: Deadly Intent
CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
Call of Duty 3
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Far Cry Vengeance

and there are other games with IOS reload problem but game alt.dol support, now must load with neogamma from disc without alt.dol:
Raving rabbids Party collection
Boogie
Sims 3
FIFA 08
Indiana Jones And The Staff Of Kings
Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2
Metal Slug Anthology
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Madden NFL 07 & 08
Red Steel
SSX Blur
The House Of The Dead 2
Sam & Max Season 1 & 2
Metroid Prime 1
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Prime Trilogy
NBA Live '08
Pangya Golf With Style
Super Swing Gol
Emergency Mayhem

And all games that wants to show you a how to video for the Wii Motion Plus.

Skater4599: Please could you try on your side v3 or v4 and ios reload on wiiflow? try to load COD Black ops using Hermes 224IOS57 or other normal IOS game using Hermes 222IOS38, to descart this issue happens only to me.

maxpayne125: Some Lacie hard disk have compatibility issues with cIOS v20 and up, if you have HD formated on FAT32/NTFS check that you have set partition to "active". If don´t work i sugest you 2 things. One to use cIOS v19-249IOS38 and v19-250IOS57 and HD runs fine, only problem it´s to run games with micro you have to use Hermes 223IOS37, cIOS v20 detects sometimes my Lacie hard disk and v21 never detect it. Second to use Hermes cIOS 222IOS38 to init Wiiflow.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IceIceBird said:
davebaol: maybe an easy function for saving savegames to SD/USB instead of the limited real nand could be added in the future, so the usb loaders could implement it easier. Sure it already can be done by using the nand emulation, but as said most of the usb loaders don't want to look in to it. So if there was an easy function for this in the cIOS maybe they will add it then
wink.gif
Hmmm, at first glance it seems not very hard to implement since it's a small subset of emunand, but I could be wrong.
However I'm not sure that usb loader developers are interested in integrating this feature.
And I wouldn't spend my spare time to implement features whose nobody cares about.
Maybe a poll could tell us more about that. I'll let upon you.

QUOTE(Etheboss @ Apr 26 2011, 02:35 AM) Well for me it is still not perfect...i tried S&S with this combo, and it started 1 time and it didn't the second and third time.
I also tried the two Lost winds games, lost winds played fine but WoM crashed in the first part, not far after you have to sing to the statue.

I tested the same with MC 11.1, i am afraid it makes no difference, with this MC version the same thing happens.
Yeah, those 3 games are affected by random issues.
And it's hard to fix issues that are not systematically reproducible.

@galen2
Did you test all those games?
Do they work via disc without patching the iso and without selecting the alt.dol?

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
IceIceBird said:
wink.gif
Hmmm, at first glance it seems not very hard to implement since it's a small subset of emunand, but I could be wrong.
However I'm not sure that usb loader developers are interested in integrating this feature.
And I wouldn't spend my spare time to implement features whose nobody cares about.

The Poll
Please vote
wink.gif

galen2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol: the list contain all games with ios reload issue, i put all for people know what are all games and test it, i don´t have all of them, but i will test all i have, and put here what happen. IOS reloading games with 002 error there are only a few, one of them is Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings and i have it. If you new code on v4b3 works all this games must work without pacht it to 249 or alt.dol running from disc

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
papermanzero said:
Does anybody know whether wiiflow will get an update the next time?

I don't think anyone seen r-win or Miigotu around much lately, I think they are working on PS3flow now, and they never released the source to the latest r346 of wiiflow so they are also the only ones who really could do it
frown.gif

@davebaol - The feature to save savegames to USB drive instead of wii memory would be AMAZING, FWIW I would absolutely LOVE to have it and free up all the saves on my wii, and never worry again about the space from too many saves

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
@davebaol - The feature to save savegames to USB drive instead of wii memory would be AMAZING, FWIW I would absolutely LOVE to have it and free up all the saves on my wii, and never worry again about the space from too many saves

IceIceBird said:
davebaol said:
QUOTE(IceIceBird @ Apr 25 2011, 07:56 PM) davebaol: maybe an easy function for saving savegames to SD/USB instead of the limited real nand could be added in the future, so the usb loaders could implement it easier. Sure it already can be done by using the nand emulation, but as said most of the usb loaders don't want to look in to it. So if there was an easy function for this in the cIOS maybe they will add it then
wink.gif

The Poll
Please vote
wink.gif

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said this already in the poll, but I agree that it would be great to have nand emulation saves.

I know that this was also a long-term goal of the wiiflow team, but as skater said, r-win and miigotu have been working on stuff for the PS3 lately.

Hopefully we can hear some feedback from the USB loader devs and see what their thoughts are.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Skater4599 said:
papermanzero said:
Does anybody know whether wiiflow will get an update the next time?

I don't think anyone seen r-win or Miigotu around much lately, I think they are working on PS3flow now, and they never released the source to the latest r346 of wiiflow so they are also the only ones who really could do it
frown.gif

Read this in the wiiflow topic:

http://gbatemp.net/t204106-wiiflow-an-open...t&p=3611691

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pplucky - If you read that topic you would see I posted in that and voted before posting here
wink.gif
. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here as well is all.

@Etheboss - Good info thanks for the heads up, I had not been in that thread for a bit.

freestile

Trophies
https://www.youtube.com/user/freestilesteve
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys is there any reason to update from v4beta2 to v4beta3 ?? I try to keep up with the updates
albeit maybe a few days late sometimes. I'm using Mighty Channels v11.1 and v4beta2 and everythings going fine, but I just noticed the v4beta3 was out. I did see there was a

NOTE:
This mod is only relevant to disc loading!!!
Blocking ios reloading for usb loaders is a huge problem that will never be fixed, I guess.

I only use the cIOSX d2x for mighty channels and wiiware and on slot 246, and I think I just use
249rev21 for neogamma and wii games so dont know if its relevant for me to upgrade or not, but I do like testing/trying out the new updates all the time so I can keep up with the progress. If anybody can let me know whats good(daveboal) I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance guys and good work daveboal,xlfak, Mighty Marc and whoever else is working on all this modmii, mighty channels and cIOSX d2x stuff.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
freestile said:
Hey guys is there any reason to update from v4beta2 to v4beta3 ?? I try to keep up with the updates
albeit maybe a few days late sometimes. I'm using Mighty Channels v11.1 and v4beta2 and everythings going fine, but I just noticed the v4beta3 was out. I did see there was a

NOTE:
This mod is only relevant to disc loading!!!
Blocking ios reloading for usb loaders is a huge problem that will never be fixed, I guess.

I only use the cIOSX d2x for mighty channels and wiiware and on slot 246, and I think I just use
249rev21 for neogamma and wii games so dont know if its relevant for me to upgrade or not, but I do like testing/trying out the new updates all the time so I can keep up with the progress. If anybody can let em know whats good(daveboal) I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks in advance guys and good work daveboal,xlfak, Mighty Marc and whoever else is working on all this modmii, mighty channels and cIOSX d2x stuff.
Nope, it is only important if you play backup discs with Neogamma (or another loader which can play backup discs)....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2