Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested the latest beta and it's great that the compatibility is improving. I can also confirm that the Strongbad games work, and the Tales of Monkey Island games also work!

Like other users here I also had problems with wiiflow: if I use wiiflow r346 on IOS249, it freezes when I try to play a game that uses another cIOS. It also freezes when downloading new covers.

If I go back to r304, I can play a game that uses another cIOS, but the downloading cover issue remains. I'm not sure if this is a cIOS issue or a wiiflow issue, but I thought it was worth reporting.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
Thanks for your feedback.
About your problems with Wiiflow I'm almost sure they're not cios issues.

hmm i think it is WiiFlow, since you change revisions to 21003 and 21004.
WiiFlow can´t recognize the cIOS i install, but your v3 version (before 21003) works great with WiiFlow..

BTW : tried your mod of Mighty and r21d2x v4 b2 (used modmii to create an 249 base 56 to install into slot 246) so far it works great
yaywii.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fox888 said:
davebaol said:
Thanks for your feedback.
About your problems with Wiiflow I'm almost sure they're not cios issues.

hmm i think it is WiiFlow, since you change revisions to 21003 and 21004.
WiiFlow can´t recognize the cIOS i install, but your v3 version (before 21003) works great with WiiFlow..

BTW : tried your mod of Mighty and r21d2x v4 b2 (used modmii to create an 249 base 56 to install into slot 246) so far it works great
yaywii.gif

Nope this is not the case, I've made me a v4beta2 and changed rev to 21 slot 249 in modmii and wiiflow still does not work, I've tried all revs of wiiflow as i have access to all of them from beta testing, none work for my HDD with v4beta1/2.

If it is indeed wiiflow's fault its not cause of the rev#, it has to be something else. Any tips to look into davebaol? ATM I've had to revert back to v3 final to make wiiflow work again.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Skater4599
Really don't know.
Analyze the differences between wiiflow r304 and r305.
If you isolate the problem in wiiflow (I mean the specific cios call) then I can investigate.
Also, the only difference in d2x v4 beta1 concerning the HDD is inside the ECHI module to support huge devices greater than 1TB but it should not impact the interface used by the applications. In fact all other usb loaders are still working.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to test the other Loaders with my HDD, perhaps its an incompatibility with my hdd since the changes for the larger HDD's. I'll test CFG and USB GX loaders tonight to make sure as well.

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
davebaol said:
Try to copy the SYSCONF file with the "Manage NAND" option of MC reachable with the home button.
If it doesn't work try a new fresh backup of the nand from your console.

I tried the SYSCONF trick and also made a fresh NAND for testing and I still have the same problem.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, you're right d2x v4beta2 still crashes when selecting the profile.
But I'm sure it was working just before releasing it.
And I only changed a #define in the FFS module to enable the log file (usually I use usb gecko 'cause I can see the log in real time on my PC while the game is running).
So here is the FFS module from v4beta2 but now logging is disabled.
FFSP-rev21d2x4-beta2-NOLOG.rar

Do the following:
[*]In ModMii folder replace the file modules/d2x-beta/FFSP.app with the new one[*]Remove all d2x wad you have previously downloaded[*]Build the new wad (ModMii MUST report an invalid file since the MD5 is changed)[*]Install the wad and let me know

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can now confirm Lostwinds doesn't freeze at the profile selection menu. I'm going to play the game to see if it crashes randomly like you said.
wink.gif

[Edit] I've played the game for a good 20 minutes without any issues even when reaching a save point. I've also restarted the game and this is where the problems begin. I don't have a freeze when selecting a profile, but the game goes to a permanent black screen. I can however hear the music and sounds in the background so the game is still running, I guess. Restarting the game over and over again doesn't fix this issue.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Kovani said:
I don't have a freeze when selecting a profile, but the game goes to a permanent black screen. I can however hear the music and sounds in the background so the game is still running, I guess. Restarting the game over and over again doesn't fix this issue.
Same here

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
Kovani said:
I don't have a freeze when selecting a profile, but the game goes to a permanent black screen. I can however hear the music and sounds in the background so the game is still running, I guess. Restarting the game over and over again doesn't fix this issue.
Same here
Same here too

Edit: Out of curiosity, what ios base have you used for your cIOS that you use with Might Channel?

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Tested with bases 38 and 56, while both LostWinds 1 and 2 use IOS53.
Never had enough time to build manually a cios d2x based on ios 53.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey can anyone help me? I went and downloaded Cios21d2x with base 37 for Slots 249 and 250. Changed my mind so uninstalled those two wads and went to install 21d2 Base 56 for slots 249/250 but now cannot install wads! It's the good old error -2017.

I haven't had such a problem in ages and not sure where to start. I tried installing Cios17 but still failed!

Any help would be appreciated!

UPDATE: Nevermind. Fixed it by using Cios13b and then re-upgrading! Hardly ever use Cios21 for games now anyway but useful to have this fixed version! Thanks!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm guessing u are used to installing WADs using cIOS249, but when you uninstalled cIOS249 and tried to load it again later, it failed because u don't have a cIOS249 anymore.

Load up your WAD Manager, but when it asks u was IOS to load, select another patched IOS. Common ones are 202/222-224/236/245-250. If none of these work for u, use "IOS236 Installer" to install a patched IOS236 (ModMii is able to help u do this if u need it), then when u load up your wad manager the next time, load IOS236 before installing your other wads for cIOS249/250.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
I'm guessing u are used to installing WADs using cIOS249, but when you uninstalled cIOS249 and tried to load it again later, it failed because u don't have a cIOS249 anymore.

Load up your WAD Manager, but when it asks u was IOS to load, select another patched IOS. Common ones are 202/222-224/236/245-250. If none of these work for u, use "IOS236 Installer" to install a patched IOS236 (ModMii is able to help u do this if u need it), then when u load up your wad manager the next time, load IOS236 before installing your other wads for cIOS249/250.

Thanks Xflak but got it sorted as per my update above! Hey great using Modmii again...just hadn't needed to update anything on my Wii for ages! Thanks for the help man!

I'm an idiot for unistalling the wads in the first place. Should have just installed over it..I know!

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
Tested with bases 38 and 56, while both LostWinds 1 and 2 use IOS53.
Never had enough time to build manually a cios d2x based on ios 53.

Someone with sneek/uneek should try to replace the ios53 with the 56 and see if it still works. That way we could excludethat the hangs has something to do with the ios56base being used instead of 53. Probably gonna work without any hangs.
wink.gif

PS. And don't forgett to switch back the ios53 afterwards
wink.gif

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've changed IOS56 to slot 53 on real NAND and the game runs fine so it must be a cIOS issue rather than an IOS incompatibility.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
Kovani said:
I've changed IOS56 to slot 53 on real NAND and the game runs fine so it must be a cIOS issue rather than an IOS incompatibility.
Ok, thats what i thought also, just wanted it confirmed.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I built the latest with no log on, and did some more tests with my HDD issue not writing the cover in wiiflow, and it seems that the old r25 works with it just fine but all the newer revs do not. Does anyone else have this problem with wiiflow and latest v4 d2x? Or does this only effect some HDD's?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: amazon seems decent enough