Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I found another problem with WiiFlow (304 and 346) and cIOSX rev21d2x.

I installed cIOSX rev21d2x (21003) and it works great, it is recognized in the WiiFlow credits page and the games load OK...

Unfortunately, if I select a game and I try to change its startup IOS (e.g. 250 instead of 249) there is no way to see the slots occupied by rev21d2x... I only see IOS236 (unuseful) and the slots occupied by a cIOS installed with the official Waninkoko/Hermes Installers...

Any idea? Where is the problem?

I asked to Mugotu himself and he guesses the reason is in the wad manager I used... I used both Multi Mod Manager and YAWMM, but with the same result...

Thanks for your help....

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe it happens because wiiflow expects to find in slot 250 a cios with revision 65535.
Try the following.
Throught ModMii's "Advanced Costom Downloads" option build a d2x wad for slot 250 with v65535.
Then install the wad and check if wiiflow is able to find the cios.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did advanced custom downloads in modmii and made a r4beta1 d2x for 249 rev21 and 250 rev65535, I can reload a 250 cios game in wiiflow no problem, but i still cannot write to it, it still freezes and saving cover to usb when I download new ones

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
davebaol said:
Maybe it happens because wiiflow expects to find in slot 250 a cios with revision 65535.
Try the following.
Throught ModMii's "Advanced Costom Downloads" option build a d2x wad for slot 250 with v65535.
Then install the wad and check if wiiflow is able to find the cios.
I builted d2x wad for slots 246/247 base 56/57 and revision number 23... wiiflow recognize them in the single game settings in order to change the game IOS...
You where right, the probloem is just in the rev number (21003)...

I remember GX had the same problem in r1079, but changing just one code line Dimok solved it in r1080

Thanks again... I'll tell this bug to Mugotu... I absolutely prefer the 21003 revision number...

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Omega191 said:
I hope you can get v4 out soon!

woot, the mighty Omega (who btw didnt contribute anything for the Wii scene apart of some python shit ages ago ) is using dirty cIOS and warez launchers
biggrin.gif

am I the only one who smells "provide ugly source" troll mode?

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
After installing v4, Wiiflow crashes on loading, with garbled graphics and a screetching tone. Going back to v3 fixes it. I'm using the latest version of Wiiflow on the googlecode downloads section, the IOS249 version. For now, I'm just switching to the IOS222 version of Wiiflow, since games seem to run fine on v4...

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
qwertymodo said:
After installing v4, Wiiflow crashes on loading, with garbled graphics and a screetching tone. Going back to v3 fixes it. I'm using the latest version of Wiiflow on the googlecode downloads section, the IOS249 version. For now, I'm just switching to the IOS222 version of Wiiflow, since games seem to run fine on v4...
Try the latest one, r346, available here ... I am using it without problems...

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
qwertymodo said:

This bug happens ramdomly here using either d2x or r20/r21. And doesn't happen at all using Hermes.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
qwertymodo said:

This bug happens ramdomly here using either d2x or r20/r21. And doesn't happen at all using Hermes.

I dont have this bug at all with r20/21/d2x with any version i've used of wiiflow. I do however still have problems writing to the HDD with covers with v4 of d2x, Going back to r3 and its fixed again. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the HDD?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Skater4599 said:
Yuan said:
qwertymodo said:

I dont have this bug at all with r20/21/d2x with any version i've used of wiiflow. I do however still have problems writing to the HDD with covers with v4 of d2x, Going back to r3 and its fixed again. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the HDD?

This bug SEEMS to be corrected on wiiflow r346. It didn't show up yet, and I already launched wiiflow a lot of times. But anyway, d2x have nothing to do with it.

And I don't know what triggered this bug. I have tested a seagate portable 250gb and a WD elements 320gb and both had it on r304.

matteo170693

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi dave, i am a hackwii member and i have downloaded the beta release of d2x with modmii. i have changed the version to 21 (to use d2x with gx 2.1) and now this beta release works fine.
but i have a problem with the latest release of hackwiiflow....when i try to change the startup cios i can't see the base ios. for example with cios249 (based on ios57) i can only see cios249[null]. i have the same problem with the latest unofficial version of syscheck (developed by hackwii community).
how can i solve this problem?

in modmii database there isn't cios250 d2x beta1, so i have downloaded cios249[56]beta1 changing the slot to 250 and the rev to 21. is this correct?

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
matteo170693 said:
hi dave, i am a hackwii member and i have downloaded the beta release of d2x with modmii. i have changed the version to 21 (to use d2x with gx 2.1) and now this beta release works fine.
GX 2.1 is r1079 and doesn't recognize cios d2x with revision 21xxx.
Just download r1080 and everything will work without changing d2x revision number to 21.
matteo170693 said:
but i have a problem with the latest release of hackwiiflow....when i try to change the startup cios i can't see the base ios. for example with cios249 (based on ios57) i can only see cios249[null]. i have the same problem with the latest unofficial version of syscheck (developed by hackwii community).
how can i solve this problem?
Because if you change the revision you're actually changing the signature of the cios and base detection fails.
Like said above, don't change it.

QUOTE(matteo170693 @ Apr 10 2011, 09:44 PM)
in modmii database there isn't cios250 d2x beta1, so i have downloaded cios249[56]beta1 changing the slot to 250 and the rev to 21. is this correct?
ModMii directly supports d2x bases 37, 38, 56, 57 and 58 for both slots 249 and 250.
If you need different slots just use the "Advanced Custom Downloads" option in ModMii.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cIOSX d2x v4beta2

Here is a new update.
A few games not working before are now working properly:
  • Max & the Magic Marker
  • FFCC My Life as a King
  • FFCC My Life as a Darklord
  • all Strong Bad episodes
  • all chapter of Tales of Monkey Island
  • Mix Superstar
I would expect even more games are supported now.
For example from my tests LostWinds 1 & 2 don't crash anymore after selecting the profile. Unfortunately it seems they still crash at random during the game.

Since this is a beta version logging is on during nand emulation, so if you encounter any problem please post the log file ffs_log.txt that has been generated on the root of the device where the nand is on.

Also Mighty Channels beta6 MOD is recommend for testing cios d2x v4beta2.
MC beta6 MOD recognizes all cios d2x having revision number between 21 and 30000 (the official revision number is now 21004).

Changelog:
QUOTE said:
  • v4beta2
    • FAT - Fixed a bug in FAT_GetStats. Now games like Max & the Magic Marker, FFCC My Life as a King and FFCC My Life as a Darklord are working properly.
    • FAT - Fixed the error code returned by FAT_Readdir when the requested folder is an existing file. Now all Strong Bad episodes are working properly.
    • FAT - Fixed a bug in FAT_Seek to prevent from increasing the file size when seeking out of the file.
    • FAT - Changed timing logic
    • Other minor changes.
  • v4beta1
    • EHCI - Fixed a bug to support HDD greater than 1TB
    • FAT - Updated FatFs from 0.8 to 0.8b
    • FAT - Fixed a potential buffer overflow while reading a directory
    • FAT - Changes due to the fix for huge HDD made in EHCI module
    • FFS - Removed workaround on file renaming since the issue has been fixed by updating FatFs into the FAT module
    • Other minor changes.

How to build and install

Now the install process is even simpler due to ModMii's new d2x beta support.
Also, only actually invalid files will be reported after downloading.
[*]Download and install ModMii v4.5.1 or higher[*]Download d2x v4beta2[*]Unpack the folder "d2x-beta" inside ModMii's folder named "modules"[*]Launch ModMii[*]Enter "I Agree"[*]Enter "4" to navigate to Download Page 4[*]Add to the download queue all the d2x wads you need, for example "249d2x56" and "250d2x57"[*]Enter "D" to download selected files[*]Enter "Y" to start downloading[*]Install the wad files with a Wad Manager[*]You're done! Please test and report
yaywii.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@davebaol - Thank you soo much for your work on the cIOS, great canges you got here!! The scene needed it alot IMO.

I will test out beta 2 when i get home later today, hopefully it fixes the issue i was having with beta 1

grog.gif
grog.gif

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, let me know.

Oh forgotten to say now LostWinds 1 & 2 don't crash anymore after selecting the profile. Unfortunately it seems they still crash at random during the game.

Kovani

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WHAT!? A new hero is born. I was waiting for a fix on Lostwinds. I'm gonna test it as soon as possible. Thanks for trying to fix it and I hope this game gonna be fully playable soon.
biggrin.gif

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
Ok, let me know.

Oh forgotten to say now LostWinds 1 & 2 don't crash anymore after selecting the profile. Unfortunately it seems they still crash at random during the game.

Nice one, now we just have to figure the rest out by comparing alot of logs when it hangs. Maybe even make an "special beta" version with more debug options enabled just for this purpose, so we can track it down once and for all. And maybe even fix some other games at the same time.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
Ok, let me know.

Bad News, Beta2 still has same problem with my HDD and wiiflow not being able to save new covers to it
hate2.gif

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Weird, I can always start to play and usually I can play for a few minutes before they crash and that happens with 3 different nand backups.
Maybe there is some other dangling pointer somewhere in the code.

Try to copy the SYSCONF file with the "Manage NAND" option of MC reachable with the home button.
If it doesn't work try a new fresh backup of the nand from your console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Shubshub
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one