Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I try a little bit this v4 beta1.

I not have problem first.. and i have no problem now, but my hdd is 500 GB.

The problem with S&S are always the same, i really don't understan why 2 times (with v3) the game start with no problem.

CIAUZ !!
wink.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Omega,

davebaol can be a little slow to share the source code, but he's always gotten around to it eventually with the past versions of the cIOS and I'm sure this will be no different.

Out of curiosity, are you planning on helping with improving the cIOS? Or u have something else in mind?

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So XFlak, do you have an ETA for the source or something? It's been what, a month? And it's still "coming soon"?

By the by, nice ironic signature you got there. And raking in the cash I see. Nice, nice.

purkinje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omega191 said:
So XFlak, do you have an ETA for the source or something? It's been what, a month? And it's still "coming soon"?

By the by, nice ironic signature you got there. And raking in the cash I see. Nice, nice.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Davebaol has released the source of previous versions and as he said the source will be released again when v4 is final. You can whine and post flamebait all you want, but that won't change anything.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Omega191 said:

Why are you asking me about the source?

@davebaol, can you please share the source at your earliest convenience? If it's not going to be shared soon, any chance of an ETA? Thanks a lot!

@omega again, I'm glad u like my signature, feel free to click it as often as you'd like
biggrin.gif
. So far during the past year I've made maybe $35 bucks from linkbucks at no cost to anyone. It's not a lot of money, especially considering the amount of time I spent (and continue to spend) working on my app and helping people, but it's something! Maybe you should consider adding some linkbucks to your signature directing people to wii.py or something so you too can rake in some well deserved cash.

edit: @daveboal, I just saw your response, so nvm what I said to u above. But when you get a chance, do you mind updating the first post with links to the available d2x sources (for v3 and under). It'll make finding the source much easier for people who don't closely follow your work
biggrin.gif

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply davebaol! Be sure to provide the source to every version you release, you are distributing it after all. I hope you can get v4 out soon! Good luck!

XFlak said:
Chill, chill, I just saw you being thanked and thought you might have some way to contact davebaol, relax man!

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Omega191 said:
Thanks for the reply davebaol! Be sure to provide the source to every version you release, you are distributing it after all. I hope you can get v4 out soon! Good luck!

XFlak said:
Chill, chill, I just saw you being thanked and thought you might have some way to contact davebaol, relax man!
No...wait you might be on to something.... I never saw XFlax and davebaol in the same room at the same time...ever... Coincidence? I think not! [Queue dramatic music here]

Then again, I've never met XFlax or davebaol in person anyways so that could explain it
tongue.gif

-[]D

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Omega191 said:
XFlak said:
I'm always relaxed, and it's awesome to hear you supporting davebaol, kudos for that.

edit: @ PPSainity, lol, that's a good one! But seriously, davebaol and I are not the same person... furthermore, I've never once signed into gbatemp using any other login info other than "XFlak" (formerly "XFlak40"). I'm not one to play games like that
biggrin.gif

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
Omega191 said:
XFlak said:
I'm always relaxed, and it's awesome to hear you supporting davebaol, kudos for that.

edit: @ PPSainity, lol, that's a good one! But seriously, davebaol and I are not the same person... furthermore, I've never once signed into gbatemp using any other login info other than "XFlak" (formerly "XFlak40"). I'm not one to play games like that
biggrin.gif
This would have been a great April fools joke...

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
I'm supporting free software. Also, I want to clear up, I meant, he has to release the source code to every version of the cIOS he releases. Releasing it alongside the binary would be better for everyone.

Oh and does anyone know why my post was removed by a moderator? Can it be justified? (I doubt it, but I'm sure "am I doin it rite?" is much more constructive!)
Oh well, authoritarians gonna author?

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested out R4 beta 1, its even faster than r3 for me loading games/wiiflow covers etc. But one problem, wiiflow now can't write/save a cover when i download it, it freezes forever when saving the file. I have a 500gb seagate, anyone else having this problem? I deleted all my .ini files from wiiflow to make sure it was not a wiiflow issue, it started right when I upgraded from r3 to r4beta1

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
to fully test if wiiflow is to blame, try using configurable usb-loader and see if it has the same problem

Good Call, Will do. Its worth noting, I am using the same rev of WiiFlow For a long time now that I know works with R3

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed the same issue with r304 of wiiflow as well. I believe it is when the covers are written to a cache file is when it freezes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol