Hacking cIOSX rev21: controller lag [FIXED!]

strapsoz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive tested cios249 rev21 base56 w/ lagfix ehci and new mload.app. Havent noticed any changes from previous release(game/loader loads fine, no lags). Is there a particular bug or game that requires testing?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
strapsoz said:
Ive tested cios249 rev21 base56 w/ lagfix ehci and new mload.app. Havent noticed any changes from previous release(game/loader loads fine, no lags). Is there a particular bug or game that requires testing?
Exactly, what i was going to ask...I am testing it now with new ehci and new mload.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Etheboss said:
strapsoz said:
Exactly, what i was going to ask...I am testing it now with new ehci and new mload.

No change even on wiiflow's wii remote syncing?

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yuan said:
Etheboss said:
strapsoz said:
That was already working with the fixed ehci module for me..

If somebody could give me examples of games that have sync issues i'll test them..

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Etheboss said:
Yuan said:
Etheboss said:
strapsoz said:
That was already working with the fixed ehci module for me..

If somebody could give me examples of games that have sync issues i'll test them..

Here even using fixed, takes 2~10 secs to sync =\. I'll try with mload later. Anyway, all games run without lag.

EDIT: Tested mload, no changes to this sync issue
frown.gif
. No noticeable changes on games too.

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK, i get it, it doesn't matter what you do, or where you at, if you resync, it always takes 2~10 secs.

OK, i timed it when starting a few games, and waiting until wii communication has stopped.
reconnecting takes about 2 secs...every time. I think that is ok, is it?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Etheboss said:
OK, i get it, it doesn't matter what you do, or where you at, if you resync, it always takes 2~10 secs.

OK, i timed it when starting a few games, and waiting until wii communication has stopped.
reconnecting takes about 2 secs...every time. I think that is ok, is it?

Well, when I used rev20/21 without lagfix the wiiflow used to sync my wiimotes at "Please Wait.../Wiiflow logo" screen. This sync problem only happens when using rev19 or fixed 20/21.

But it is a minor issue. The important is the games are lagless =].

EDIT: Anyway it only happens when entering wiiflow, syncing when entering games is fine.

T

TheRealVisitor

Creating these files (named "EHCI-mload-v21-LagFix" for better understanding) by copying the new mload.app and the EHCI-v21-LagFix.app as EHCI.app into ModMiis "W21Modules"-folder and choosing 249v21base57 and 250v21base56:

cIOS249[57]-v21[EHCI-mload-v21-LagFix].wad
cIOS250[56]-v21[EHCI-mload-v21-LagFix].wad

Played
Wii Sports Resort with cIOS249[57]-v21[EHCI-mload-v21-LagFix].wad and
Guitar Hero 3 with cIOS250[56]-v21[EHCI-mload-v21-LagFix].wad

No issues or lags. Games run fine.

Wiiflows syncing time is really weird long (7-8 seconds) but why you think it is a cIOS issue, CFG and GX don't have this "bug"? It must be something on Wiiflows end.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
TheRealVisitor said:
Creating these files (named "EHCI-mload-v21-LagFix" for better understanding) by copying the new mload.app and the EHCI-v21-LagFix.app as EHCI.app into ModMiis "W21Modules"-folder and choosing 249v21base57 and 250v21base56:

cIOS249[57]-v21[EHCI-mload-v21-LagFix].wad
cIOS250[56]-v21[EHCI-mload-v21-LagFix].wad

Played
Wii Sports Resort with cIOS249[57]-v21[EHCI-mload-v21-LagFix].wad and
Guitar Hero 3 with cIOS250[56]-v21[EHCI-mload-v21-LagFix].wad

No issues or lags. Games run fine.

Wiiflows syncing time is really weird long (7-8 seconds) but why you think it is a cIOS issue, CFG and GX don't have this "bug"? It must be something on Wiiflows end.

I know, I just mentioned this because it used to sync much faster on original rev20/21. It is not a problem at all to me.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't know the exact reason (I should look at wiiflow source code) but that's definitely due to EHCI module inside the cios.
I say "definitely" because the only difference between rev21 and rev21[LagFix] is all in a dozen of code lines.
In rev20/21 the timer in EHCI module starts immediately while in rev19 and rev21[LagFix] the same timer starts after 10 seconds.
It's hard to believe that's just a coincidence... those 10 secs are actually comparable to the 7-8 secs spent by wiiflow before synchronizing the wiimote.

EDIT:

Do you guys observe the same delay with rev21[LagFix] and rev21[LagFix]+mload modified by xabby666?
I'm trying to understand if the timer responsible for the delay is the one inside EHCI or the other one inside mload.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
davebaol said:
Don't know the exact reason (I should look at wiiflow source code) but that's definitely due to EHCI module inside the cios.
I say "definitely" because the only difference between rev21 and rev21[LagFix] is all in a dozen of code lines.
In rev20/21 the timer in EHCI module starts immediately while in rev19 and rev21[LagFix] the same timer starts after 10 seconds.
It's hard to believe that's just a coincidence... those 10 secs are actually comparable to the 7-8 secs spent by wiiflow before synchronizing the wiimote.

Yes, I noticed now that the wiimote syncs exactly when the HDD LED blinks lol.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
davebaol said:
So my guess is correct.
biggrin.gif

In the meantime I've edited my previous post, please can you check and report?

Well, I tested the three scenarios

rev21 + fixed EHCI
rev21 + fixed mload
rev21 + both

All make wiiflow take longer to sync.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yuan said:
davebaol said:
So my guess is correct.
biggrin.gif

rev21 + fixed EHCI
rev21 + fixed mload
rev21 + both

all make wiiflow take longer to sync... relative to what? the standard rev21 or the standard rev19?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
XFlak said:
Yuan said:
davebaol said:
So my guess is correct.
biggrin.gif

rev21 + fixed EHCI
rev21 + fixed mload
rev21 + both

all make wiiflow take longer to sync... relative to what? the standard rev21 or the standard rev19?

Relative to standard rev20/21. Rev19 has the same issue.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have been playing Rock Band 3 today for almost 3 hours using cIOS250[56]-v21[EHCI-mload-v21-LagFix].wad

And no lag. Even at the start screen, there is no stutter.

It could be random.

I also installed cIOS249[57]-v21[EHCI-mload-v21-LagFix].wad, but I haven't tested it yet, because 250 is working so well.

I also tested rev19 today too and experienced lag straight off the bat (like last night), so will not be using that one anymore.

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Only for test. I've modified all modules where is the timer function with the supposted bugfix. 3 moules: fat.app, sdhc.app, mload.app (ehci with davebaol patch must be added to a total of 4 modules)

Modules nolag If you wan't to test, I don't understand well the sync prob with wiiflow, you can try.

EDIT: I want to clarify that I can not be certain that these mods give the benefits. We must verify this. To me it all works well, but I had not the problem of lag even earlier. Let a statistic larger to see how things go.

EDIT: Ok dudes. I've tried to solve the wiimote issue. If you want to try you can build your cios with this EHCI.APP module. Tell me if lag is assent and if wiimote sync is fast in wiiflow. Remember, i'm doing this for fun, if you don't want to test, to install, to builds new cioses tell me and i finish to bore you.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xabby666 said:
Only for test. I've modified all modules where is the timer function with the supposted bugfix. 3 moules: fat.app, sdhc.app, mload.app (ehci with davebaol patch must be added to a total of 4 modules)

Modules nolag If you wan't to test, I don't understand well the sync prob with wiiflow, you can try.

EDIT: I want to clarify that I can not be certain that these mods give the benefits. We must verify this. To me it all works well, but I had not the problem of lag even earlier. Let a statistic larger to see how things go.

EDIT: Ok dudes. I've tried to solve the wiimote issue. If you want to try you can build your cios with this EHCI.APP module. Tell me if lag is assent and if wiimote sync is fast in wiiflow. Remember, i'm doing this for fun, if you don't want to test, to install, to builds new cioses tell me and i finish to bore you.

Tested this new EHCI.APP, so far wiiflow is syncing at load screen (as it should) always and no lag at games. I will test more, but I think it fixed it. Thanks!

Using modules no lag made no diff, but didn't bring lag back to games btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +1