OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
pitman said:
badmonkey32 said:
I believe this is where you need to play as Cid to build the airship.

I just don't know what to do, I keep playing with Cid until I'm bored or killed (because I think I can take on mid-bosses in the Duel Room
sad.gif
), how many floors do I have to go through until I get an airship ?

Does Cid any other abilities other then the 3-way beam/spear ?

I think it was 30 floors or something. At the same time, Amouri's memories will "open" (so you can go in and clear them).
Once you clear those events, go to the mayor's house (on the map, it's on the top-left section by where the Water Guardian Temple is), you should find Cid in there with the Mayor for a small event.
Then go to the mining/blacksmith area for the next event and finally, to go to the Dark Guardian Temple.

He learns a few others, sort of, but for the time, you are stuck with that.
Yeah, that's probably one of the dullest parts of the game. :/

Also, Cid is more of a slow grind. Keep upgrading your Gears/Coats with the Remodel boxes, they are what really defines your power, not so much your level since it keeps resetting.
If you ever played or heard of Azure Dreams for the PSX, you'd know what I mean.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
GrayFox2510 said:
pitman said:
badmonkey32 said:
I believe this is where you need to play as Cid to build the airship.

I just don't know what to do, I keep playing with Cid until I'm bored or killed (because I think I can take on mid-bosses in the Duel Room
sad.gif
), how many floors do I have to go through until I get an airship ?

Does Cid any other abilities other then the 3-way beam/spear ?

I think it was 30 floors or something. At the same time, Amouri's memories will "open" (so you can go in and clear them).
Once you clear those events, go to the mayor's house (on the map, it's on the top-left section by where the Water Guardian Temple is), you should find Cid in there with the Mayor for a small event.
Then go to the mining/blacksmith area for the next event and finally, to go to the Dark Guardian Temple.

He learns a few others, sort of, but for the time, you are stuck with that.
Yeah, that's probably one of the dullest parts of the game. :/

Also, Cid is more of a slow grind. Keep upgrading your Gears/Coats with the Remodel boxes, they are what really defines your power, not so much your level since it keeps resetting.
If you ever played or heard of Azure Dreams for the PSX, you'd know what I mean.

I just managed to do all that before your post ( I just didn't have the patient to go to floor 30) and I can go back to playing Chocobo (and playing a white mage which is awesome) and Wide Talons kick-ass.

I noticed something while playing the White Mage is when I cast Protect (or was it Shell
unsure.gif
) I get the line "Chocobo *blank*" nothing appears after the the name.

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
pitman said:
I just managed to do all that before your post ( I just didn't have the patient to go to floor 30) and I can go back to playing Chocobo (and playing a white mage which is awesome) and Wide Talons kick-ass.

I noticed something while playing the White Mage is when I cast Protect (or was it Shell
unsure.gif
) I get the line "Chocobo *blank*" nothing appears after the the name.

It's Shell. Yep, I fixed that, I'm just holding V4.1 for a few more fixes. I've been a bit busy lately, so I haven't been able to play too much to test things out.

Also, a few more notes on the Cid thing.

Yep, I just did that part.
Every 10 floors you'll find parts for the Airship.
On the 20th floor you'll also find a monolith you need to examine to proceed.
Finally, on the 30th floor you'll get the last needed part, another monolith, and then analyze the "puzzle" wall to be warped out.

Volg will come up and tell you something's going on with Amouri, so go to her (on the upper left side, near the Water Guardian Temple).
Clear her Memory Dungeon, go to the fountain to talk with Shiroma, and then proceed to the scene with the Mayor and Cid, go to the Mining area, and you should be in the Dark Guardian Temple afterwards.

Tarani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way you could release this patch as an .xdelta? My silly Linux seems to frown upon your .patch file.
rolleyes.gif
(If not I'll see what I can do about accessing a PC at some point, is awesome you're translating this!

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tarani said:
Is there any way you could release this patch as an .xdelta? My silly Linux seems to frown upon your .patch file.
rolleyes.gif
(If not I'll see what I can do about accessing a PC at some point, is awesome you're translating this!

Tarani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, maybe it's that I'm using xdelta3 then - I'll try the earlier version, was wondering why I could use the xdelta patch for Cross Treasures just fine, but not this one.

Edit: Works great now, thanks for the patch!
happy.gif

javisoto99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
good, I saw this translation and I have seen some weaknesses:
1. the first is that the ability 5.dan.bid of job dancer has no description, when the Japanese version if available:
Fotos-0008.jpg

2. the second is a key item, which is only translated the description, but not the name. is the item you get after beating shinryuu in the dungeon chocobo memories:
Fotos-0009.jpg

TheCypher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok,I know this might be asking a bit too much but i can't seem to patch it correctly,it says the rom is corrupted or such,so I ask can someone uploud the patched rom for me and other people who have the same problem?Or you could send me a pm with a link if its forbidden to do so here

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
javisoto99 said:
2. the second is a key item, which is only translated the description, but not the name. is the item you get after beating shinryuu in the dungeon chocobo memories

QUOTEI decided not to translate Cid's Gears and Coats along with Key Items, don't ask.

I might be wrong, but maybe one or two things were left untranslated intentionally? Sorry if not... xD

GrayFox2510

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
javisoto99 said:
good, I saw this translation and I have seen some weaknesses:
1. the first is that the ability 5.dan.bid of job dancer has no description, when the Japanese version if available:

2. the second is a key item, which is only translated the description, but not the name. is the item you get after beating shinryuu in the dungeon chocobo memories:

Those have been corrected in 4.1, I just haven't released that yet since I'm messing with a few other things. Thanks though.

westarrr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Errmm...
I've patched it, it also says CCFC_Patched(or something)
But everything except the items are still in japanese..

EDIT: added some photos
img9112d.jpg
img9109.jpg
img9113m.jpg

pitman

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
The file loading screen isn't translated but all the Items/Skill (+plus their descriptions), In game action Log is also translated (ex. "Chocobo stepped on a potion").

Start the game and when you get control of Chocobo check the log on the upper screen to see if there is any english and/or press X to see if the menu is in english.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
westarrr said:
So...
I cant understand a dam about what theyre saying, BUT I now know the items..
Useless...

....How is it useless? That's quite a rude thing to say, considering this person worked hard to translate this much and share it with us.

Also, It's incredibly useful if you're just interested in the dungeon crawling, because in the dungeons, everything is pretty much in english.

If you want the story, play the wii version. If you don't have a wii, oh well.. The story isn't that amazing anyway xD

EDIT: As for where to go, just look at the marker on the map and it should tell you. Or just talk to everyone? IIRC, the world map isn't that huge..

pitman

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Except from when you need to go to the 4th big dungeon(when your chocobo is around level ~50) its pretty much go to the "!" and keep the story going and when you get there if you'll read earlier posts it pretty simple.

Having the items/skill (should this be called a full menu translation ?) is much better than having only the story since RPG games are mostly about the battle system, items, equipment and all the misc stuff around it.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
westarrr said:
So...
I cant understand a dam about what theyre saying, BUT I now know the items..
Useless...

Basically, you are one of those people that complains and TC's first post is tl;dr.

QUOTE(GrayFox2510 @ Jun 3 2010, 02:24 PM) The actual storyline however is out of my Japanese level. Other things that, at least I personally don't see much of a point in translating are the Pop-up Duels minigames (if you played Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales, you know what I'm talking about).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*