Cid to Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon TWnMDS+ Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by GrayFox2510, Jun 3, 2010.

1. GrayFox2510
    OP

GrayFox2510 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2008
    Mexico
    I think it was 30 floors or something. At the same time, Amouri's memories will "open" (so you can go in and clear them).
    Once you clear those events, go to the mayor's house (on the map, it's on the top-left section by where the Water Guardian Temple is), you should find Cid in there with the Mayor for a small event.
    Then go to the mining/blacksmith area for the next event and finally, to go to the Dark Guardian Temple.

He learns a few others, sort of, but for the time, you are stuck with that.
    Yeah, that's probably one of the dullest parts of the game. :/

Also, Cid is more of a slow grind. Keep upgrading your Gears/Coats with the Remodel boxes, they are what really defines your power, not so much your level since it keeps resetting.
    If you ever played or heard of Azure Dreams for the PSX, you'd know what I mean.

2. pitman

pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Jan 23, 2003
    Iceland
    Where rockets don't fall.

I just managed to do all that before your post ( I just didn't have the patient to go to floor 30) and I can go back to playing Chocobo (and playing a white mage which is awesome) and Wide Talons kick-ass.

I noticed something while playing the White Mage is when I cast Protect (or was it Shell [​IMG] ) I get the line "Chocobo *blank*" nothing appears after the the name.

3. GrayFox2510
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2008
    Mexico
    It's Shell. Yep, I fixed that, I'm just holding V4.1 for a few more fixes. I've been a bit busy lately, so I haven't been able to play too much to test things out.

Also, a few more notes on the Cid thing.

Yep, I just did that part.
    Every 10 floors you'll find parts for the Airship.
    On the 20th floor you'll also find a monolith you need to examine to proceed.
    Finally, on the 30th floor you'll get the last needed part, another monolith, and then analyze the "puzzle" wall to be warped out.

Volg will come up and tell you something's going on with Amouri, so go to her (on the upper left side, near the Water Guardian Temple).
    Clear her Memory Dungeon, go to the fountain to talk with Shiroma, and then proceed to the scene with the Mayor and Cid, go to the Mining area, and you should be in the Dark Guardian Temple afterwards.

4. Tarani

Tarani Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2010
    United States
    Is there any way you could release this patch as an .xdelta? My silly Linux seems to frown upon your .patch file. [​IMG] (If not I'll see what I can do about accessing a PC at some point, is awesome you're translating this!

5. DarthNemesis

DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 19, 2008
    United States

6. Tarani

Tarani Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2010
    United States
    Ah, maybe it's that I'm using xdelta3 then - I'll try the earlier version, was wondering why I could use the xdelta patch for Cross Treasures just fine, but not this one.

Edit: Works great now, thanks for the patch! [​IMG]

7. javisoto99

javisoto99 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2010
    good, I saw this translation and I have seen some weaknesses:
    1. the first is that the ability 5.dan.bid of job dancer has no description, when the Japanese version if available:
    [​IMG]
    2. the second is a key item, which is only translated the description, but not the name. is the item you get after beating shinryuu in the dungeon chocobo memories:
    [​IMG]

8. TheCypher

TheCypher Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2010
    Brazil
    Ok,I know this might be asking a bit too much but i can't seem to patch it correctly,it says the rom is corrupted or such,so I ask can someone uploud the patched rom for me and other people who have the same problem?Or you could send me a pm with a link if its forbidden to do so here

9. suruz

suruz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2007
    I might be wrong, but maybe one or two things were left untranslated intentionally? Sorry if not... xD

10. GrayFox2510
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2008
    Mexico
    Those have been corrected in 4.1, I just haven't released that yet since I'm messing with a few other things. Thanks though.

11. Raestloz

Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Feb 7, 2008
    Indonesia
    The World of Illusion
    I got a checksum validation error, does that mean I got a botched ROM?

12. Tarani

Tarani Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2010
    United States
    I got the same error and the game worked fine anyway. No idea why.

13. westarrr

westarrr GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2009
    Netherlands
    Ivalice
    Errmm...
    I've patched it, it also says CCFC_Patched(or something)
    But everything except the items are still in japanese..

EDIT: added some photos
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

14. Tarani

Tarani Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2010
    United States
    It's just a menu translation, everything but the basic menus/items are gonna still be Japanese.

15. pitman

Jan 23, 2003
    Iceland
    The file loading screen isn't translated but all the Items/Skill (+plus their descriptions), In game action Log is also translated (ex. "Chocobo stepped on a potion").

Start the game and when you get control of Chocobo check the log on the upper screen to see if there is any english and/or press X to see if the menu is in english.

16. westarrr

westarrr GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2009
    Netherlands
    Ivalice
    So...
    I cant understand a dam about what theyre saying, BUT I now know the items..
    Useless...

17. suruz

suruz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2007
    ....How is it useless? That's quite a rude thing to say, considering this person worked hard to translate this much and share it with us.

Also, It's incredibly useful if you're just interested in the dungeon crawling, because in the dungeons, everything is pretty much in english.

If you want the story, play the wii version. If you don't have a wii, oh well.. The story isn't that amazing anyway xD

EDIT: As for where to go, just look at the marker on the map and it should tell you. Or just talk to everyone? IIRC, the world map isn't that huge..

18. pitman

Jan 23, 2003
    Iceland
    Except from when you need to go to the 4th big dungeon(when your chocobo is around level ~50) its pretty much go to the "!" and keep the story going and when you get there if you'll read earlier posts it pretty simple.

Having the items/skill (should this be called a full menu translation ?) is much better than having only the story since RPG games are mostly about the battle system, items, equipment and all the misc stuff around it.

19. xdarkx

xdarkx GBAtemp Fan

May 9, 2007
    Canada

20. icexcap

icexcap Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2010
    United States