Homebrew Chronoclon (WIP) (DS entry)

jubei867

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is a remake of the puzzle-platformer "Chronotron" by ScarybugGames (see http://scarybuggames.com/).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCMoIIUMXso[/youtube]​

The game features a level editor and the ability to share custom levels online - but I actually decided to disable these functions for now due to the fact that it's still WIP (the game functionality is mainly complete, but the graphics are only placeholder, I mean to replace them all).

normal Version (using EFS)
Version for better compatibility with some flashcards (no EFS)

homepage

------------

Changelog v0.2:
- replaced some graphics
- activated the save-option in the level editor

------------

Changelog - v0.3
- added wifi functionality (share/rate custom maps, submit highscores)
- added an intro
- changed & added some level-backgrounds
- removed language selection
- bugfix: moonwalking chrono
- bugfix: gaining height on catapult
- some menu layout/gfx changes

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved Chronotron so I'm sure I'll love this, nice job
smile.gif

BigLord

Trophies
XP
Country
^You should play the original, then. Yep, it does.

Looking forward to seeing this complete
smile.gif
so far, so good.

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never played the original, but this is clearly a very well done port. I love unique puzzlers like this. Really looking forward to the complete level editor with wifi sharing.
Good luck, jubei867!

jubei867

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
new version available (see first post). Replaced some graphics, so it fits better altogether. Also now it is possible to save levels created in the level editor (however I still leave the online functionality disabled).

------------

As the idiot that I am, I didn't looked at the date for the end of the update week, I just thought it would be a whole week (ending at midnight of today). I just realised this an hour ago and hurried up making the new version complete. If it's ok, I would be very glad if you could record the new version to the bounty (the judging).

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck in getting your submission in. I was quite let down to see you absent from the deadline yesterday.

jubei867

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sir_Voe said:
Good luck in getting your submission in. I was quite let down to see you absent from the deadline yesterday.
Thanks, that's nice to hear
smile.gif
Also thanks for all responses, hope you're all enjoying this game.

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Lots of loopholes in a few of my levels, so I took them down. Maybe I will fix them and re-post if the user campaign feature is added.

EDIT 2: Well I fixed my custom levels, and now I wait for implementation of the user campaign feature. If this project is on indefinite hold, just let me know and I'll go ahead and post my 10 level set for whoever might want to check it out. I'm quite proud of them, and would enjoy sharing them with other players.

jubei867

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sir_Voe said:
EDIT: Lots of loopholes in a few of my levels, so I took them down. Maybe I will fix them and re-post if the user campaign feature is added.

EDIT 2: Well I fixed my custom levels, and now I wait for implementation of the user campaign feature. If this project is on indefinite hold, just let me know and I'll go ahead and post my 10 level set for whoever might want to check it out. I'm quite proud of them, and would enjoy sharing them with other players.

I downloaded your levels the other day and... wohoo, finally I could play other levels than the original or some designed by myself
yay.gif

These levels were quite fun! Really challenging and got really good ideas.
(Also you might be interested in this: I managed to complete level 7 without using the PAUSE-circuit. I don't know if this was intended.)

As to the campaign feature: it is meant to be official download content I will provide. Not the users can create campaigns directly by themselves, but I will choose the best uploaded levels and make them a campaign. I think it's easier for users to get new levels instead of browsing single uploaded levels. Also the online highscore feature will be available only for campaigns, so everyone has to have the exact same level-pack.

Of course everyone can create its own campaign if they wish to. It has to be exactly 30 levels. Just contact me at [email protected], and I will provide it as an official download.

Website and online features will be available soon! Maybe I'll find the time to do it this week, maybe it will take a little bit more time... not really sure.

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for giving my levels a try and offering feedback. Yeah, that level 7 thing was one of the loopholes I fixed, and I'm now pretty sure they're all iron clad secure. I've also added names to the levels to give a mild hint as to what is expected on the tougher levels. Here's the new download:

https://rapidshare.com/files/1536084051/Sir...s_Level_Set.zip

Feel free to use it any way you want, mixing it with other user levels or your own to make a complete campaign. Great to hear of your future plans, and I look forward to the next release.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the levels Sir_Voe.
It seems you are making levels for different homebrew
tongue.gif

I liked the one you did for Fireworld, I'm sure you did a great job for Chronoclon too.

Though, I'm still stuck at original Chronoclon level 18
frown.gif

Disappearing platforms are hard to pass.

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this new version is something else
yaynds.gif
. The levels I made aren't included already, are they? If not I'm going to submit them to the wifi database, and was wondering if there would be any issue with compatability between the previous versions custom levels. Thanks!

D

Deleted User

I love this game its better then some licensed games i played for the ds and its not shotty it looks nice and every things well rounded good job!!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...