ROM Hack Chrono Trigger DS (USA) Piracy Fix!

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1ns0mn14 said:
Made a quick fix using DSATM, tested the patched rom on my R4, works like a charm~ (no crashes in warp sequence and Cathedral scene)
Thought I'd make a small one-click patcher for y'all
smile.gif

So here ya go!

This is a non-M3/Sakura fix (at least that's what I imagine after seeing there were alternate fix codes for M3s for the Japanese version of the rom as well)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nz5hyxmzxmm

You may notice the patcher has a slight Chrono Trigger flavor
smile.gif

I just love that tune!!

Instructions:
1. Unpack the patcher
2. Place rom in same directory as patcher
3. Rename rom to chrono.nds
4. Run the patch
5. Enjoy!

Feel free to comment/report if it worked for you.

Should work fine with an untrimmed US dump *cough*Xenophobia*cough*
wink.gif

All thanks go to Narin for the code, cracker for the amazing DSATM, the xdelta team, diablo2oo2 for dUP2 ;D
..and this amazing community I just can't live without, ever since I got a DS
smile.gif

Worked like a charm............ i has a man crush on you for this hahaha
yaynds.gif

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
shooshoo said:
I'm using an M3 DS Real

There's currently no working cheatcode or fix to bypass the crashes for M3 users. Though I like to believe Narin's already on the job. Quite a hero he is
smile.gif

You could use the Japanese rom, it features full english text just like the US version and there is an M3 fix out for it, both as a patcher and as an action replay code.

QUOTE(ellichan @ Nov 27 2008, 05:23 AM) No it hangs on No$Gba as well. (I think someone might be getting me a flash card for X-Mas but I'm not sure)

They were discussing the same thing when the Japanese rom came out. I think you just have to manually change the save type to ??? (I don't remember)
and then there's no crashes. Just look around a bit, there's a way to get past the two crashes.

benuneko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem is that the ROM - which I've tried US and J with different iterations of patches - will not save. When I go to save, it says it's saving... forever. Then it just stops responding. Any advice...? I'm using an M3 Real and not using the cheat - patches FTW because I don't know crap about cheats.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone with a Supercard DS(ONE) having a corrupt save file problem? It has happened to me twice already where the save file just become corrupt and I'm forced to delete it. I used the FIXED ROM from a certain site and I have indeed gotten past the piracy barriers, but I just want a solution to my problem. >.<

Others have had this problem such as Noitora as well.
Does anyone know how to overcome corrupt save files? (For the SCDS1)

phatdade69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to throw mine out there if I may. I patched it first with the Narin Hex codes, and it told me all save types were invalid and never got past that screen on no$GBA.

I then did the Cracker patch which warned that Narins would "trash" my micro SD. It loaded, played, but my image crash actually happened when I was leaving the prehistoric dancers and wandering around the fair.

You think that's just No$ giving me crap and should work fine on a SupercardDSOne?

P.S. Those look devilishly like simple hex code replacements that could be done in any random hexeditor. Am I right about that?

phatdade69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blastimpulseee said:
Is anyone with a Supercard DS(ONE) having a corrupt save file problem? It has happened to me twice already where the save file just become corrupt and I'm forced to delete it. I used the FIXED ROM from a certain site and I have indeed gotten past the piracy barriers, but I just want a solution to my problem. >.<

Haha was writing mine while you posted yours. What about realtime save does that work? I mean for the meantime it would be a workaround if the default savs aren't working.

ellichan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phatdade69 said:
I'm going to throw mine out there if I may. I patched it first with the Narin Hex codes, and it told me all save types were invalid and never got past that screen on no$GBA.

I then did the Cracker patch which warned that Narins would "trash" my micro SD. It loaded, played, but my image crash actually happened when I was leaving the prehistoric dancers and wandering around the fair.

You think that's just No$ giving me crap and should work fine on a SupercardDSOne?

P.S. Those look devilishly like simple hex code replacements that could be done in any random hexeditor. Am I right about that?

The only save type that works with the US version in No$Gba is FRAM 32KBytes, and you need to save that and reset the cart after doing so.

phatdade69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ellichan said:
phatdade69 said:

The only save type that works with the US version in No$Gba is FRAM 32KBytes, and you need to save that and reset the cart after doing so.

Yeah I've been defaulting to FRAM32 after finding like 95% of the games work with that about 2 months ago. However it still crashes.

I wonder if there might be someone among us who works for Square who is reading these posts and laughing maniacally.
ph34r.gif

benuneko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go to save, it says it's saving... forever. I'm still having this problem, even though I've loaded the cheat files and everything on the J version. Can anyone help?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
phatdade69 said:
blastimpulseee said:

Haha was writing mine while you posted yours. What about realtime save does that work? I mean for the meantime it would be a workaround if the default savs aren't working.

Realtimes would probably work, but I would still prefer if the default saves worked. >.

ellichan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phatdade69 said:
ellichan said:
phatdade69 said:

Yeah I've been defaulting to FRAM32 after finding like 95% of the games work with that about 2 months ago. However it still crashes.

I wonder if there might be someone among us who works for Square who is reading these posts and laughing maniacally.
ph34r.gif

That's strange, it works for me and hasn't crashed.

shooshoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was using the Japanese version but when the US version came out I thought I would use that instead. Ah well...I'm not losing sleep over this. Someone's going to fix it soon enough...a big title like this. Maybe take another few days.

If Square is so good at doing this copy protection crap with their games I wonder why the other companies making DS games are not following them. You'd think that more and more companies would implement their methods to try and prevent the pirating of these roms. Then again they're only DS games... there's like 1 good DS game for every 301,642 that come out!

Dr. Spaceman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
The massive cheat database has been updated with the piracy fixes for Chrono Trigger DS (U), Professor Layton and the Last Time Travel (J) and Cid to Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon Toki Wasure no Meikyuu Plus (J) as well as many other codes. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=849...p;#entry1586743

AWESOME UPDATE!!! I've been waiting all day for this. I just got past the very first portal (in leene square), and no more infinite time warp! Thank you very much.

1ns0mn14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Made a quick M3 Real version of the patcher..

http://www.mediafire.com/?tam2zzizkzm

Should work fine~

Just place the patcher and the rom in the same folder, rename the rom to chrono.nds
and copy the generated chrono-patched.nds to your flashcard..

This patch is intended for M3 users and has not been tested by me.
Hope it works fine for you.
smile.gif

PS: Always update your firmware, people!

DuDutZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heloooooooooo everybody...
thx for this website finally I can play Chrono trigger on my R4...

Really love this web>.

Doublecast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at a loss as for what to do, I have a Ncard clone and honestly, not much clue as to what to do in regards to... well, anything. If someone could break down what I have to do into steps, I'll award them three of my finest internets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol