MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
can you do this on pc without a ds? i have a gbxcart v1.4 but not sure how to add multiple roms since it just boots to the last one installed.
Post automatically merged:

can you do this on pc without a ds? i have a gbxcart v1.4 but not sure how to add multiple roms since it just boots to the last one installed.
There's an alternate GBA multi-menu you can use, and holding the L and R buttons on boot can cancel booting the last-played game.

Blung

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I don't have any cart reader for pc, so it's your time to do some tests with your gbxcart v1.4 and you tell us if it works or not.

Sorry for my late reply

liuyunx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Just got my 369 in 1 flashcart (sadly with no battery) and I was able to upload a couple of backup ROMs to it with DIY menu!
I SRAM patched my roms with GBATA, but when I save and shut down my gba, the save will be kept for just a couple of seconds and then disappear, it looks like even with SRAM patched games the save will be kept in RAM instead of being rewritten to the ROM. I tried writing the same patched roms to a Mother1+2 flashcart and the SRAM patch works just fine.

Am I missing something or am I doing something wrong?

By the way Liuyunx, keep up the good work!
1: The cassette does not have a battery. If you want to archive normally, you can only burn the ROM with a batteryless patch.
2: The card comes with a battery. By applying an SRAM patch to the ROM, it can be archived normally.

1: Use another gba-menu tool.
https://github.com/lesserkuma/GBA_MultiMenu
2:Merge multiple game ROMs and gab-menu files you want to burn into a large file ROM through the software, and then burn them in through the gbxcart

Last edited by liuyunx,
Reactions: zfreeman

Trevor_2012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This 369 in 1 cartridge is much better than the super card, it's really worth it, anyone can buy it and play a decent GBA game.

Attachments

• IMG-20231224-WA0027.jpeg
    IMG-20231224-WA0027.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25

Zizouomar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1: The cassette does not have a battery. If you want to archive normally, you can only burn the ROM with a batteryless patch.
2: The card comes with a battery. By applying an SRAM patch to the ROM, it can be archived normally.

1: Use another gba-menu tool.
https://github.com/lesserkuma/GBA_MultiMenu
2:Merge multiple game ROMs and gab-menu files you want to burn into a large file ROM through the software, and then burn them in through the gbxcart
Which 2048m flashcart with battery is available to buy from North America ? The only one I can find on ebay/aliexpress is the 369in1 but it doesn't have a battery. Playing Mother 3 would be impossible as the game size is maxed out at 32mb already.

Nix_Lon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This 369 in 1 cartridge is much better than the super card, it's really worth it, anyone can buy it and play a decent GBA game.
Does SRAM saving work? (Battery solder pads are present in the "369 in 1" bootleg PCB but nobody has confirmed whether it works)

Or did you use the batteryless patcher?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does SRAM saving work? (Battery solder pads are present in the "369 in 1" bootleg PCB but nobody has confirmed whether it works)

Or did you use the batteryless patcher?
If this includes Pokemon, you might have troubles saving.

You might've gotten one of those early GBA flashcarts.

Here is another cart that is identical to this one:
untitled-png.369269

Last edited by SylverReZ,

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
I have tested and can confirm you can add indeed add a battery to the 369 in 1 carts.

Needed parts:
2 x 1N5817 Schottky Diode
Battery

I didn't have the components in SMD sizes so I just used regular through-hole ones. Be careful not to rip the tiny pads off the PCB this way, though.

After soldering everything on, make sure to isolate the components and secure the battery in place with some tape.
There's just *barely* enough space for this arrangement.

1707245099728.png

Last edited by skawo,

Nix_Lon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
After looking in several places for info about this bootleg cart, I've learned that there are several revisions of the "369 in 1 bootleg cart" so I assume that adding a battery may vary. (Allegedly mine is the "newest" revision ?)

I tried to add a battery on my 369 in 1 bootleg cart.
Unfortunately, it couldn't retain data on the SRAM chip with the battery when the console is turned off after saving.
369 in 1 battery attempt.png

Can someone point out what I did wrong, or does someone successfully add a battery on this revision with functional saving?
Thank you!

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
That is the exact revision I have, and that is what I did, but I didn't add the capacitor nor the resistor, and I used non-SMD components.

Nix_Lon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
That is the exact revision I have, and that is what I did, but I didn't add the capacitor nor the resistor, and I used non-SMD components.
I tried doing several setups such as but neither worked:

a.) Two (2) 1n5817 diodes with one (1) 0805 10k resistor and one (1) 0805 0.1uF 50V capacitor.
b.) Two (2) 1n5817 diodes with one (1) 0805 10k resistor.
c.) Two (2) 1n5817 diodes with one (1) 0805 0.1uF 50V capacitor.
d.) Two (2) 1n5817 diodes only.

Can I ask what multimenu did you used for your 369 in 1 bootleg cart?

Nix_Lon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The one from this thread: https://github.com/ArcheyChen/GBAMultiCartMenuV2

Did you SRAM patch the game you're trying? Which game is it?

Try an arrangement like this, maybe?
View attachment 419589
I have two (2) games to test whether saving works or not.
  • WarioWare Inc. (2003/SRAM)
  • M&L - Superstar Saga (2003/EEPROM) but I've already SRAM patched this one via GBATA.
So I did this setup but to no luck, data retention on the SRAM still doesn't work.
However, I found out that lesserkuma's GBA multimenu might be the faulty one (I have "battery_present": true).
I found this out by using ArcheyChen's GBA multicart menu and data retention on the SRAM now works properly.
Even the setup that I did earlier works properly as well. Thank you!

Last edited by Nix_Lon,
  • Wow
Reactions: zfreeman

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, that's a shame, then. That one looks much nicer. Cool that you got something working in the end, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto