Hacking More info about the upcoming EZ Omega flashcart :D

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having just bought an Omega recently, been playing it and today found the entire SD corrupted (thank god I recovered the saver backup folder) but everything else completely wiped out and chkdsk doing nothing to save it.
I feel I could justify the buy of the new one to myself just so I won't have to deal with this again. Hope it's out soon and the price is good.

PZT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it compatible with the colored shells they released for the original Omega? (aside from the spot with the switch which would obviously need to be filed out)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it compatible with the colored shells that were made for the previous Omega? (aside from the switch, where it would obviously need to be filed out to fit)

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would buy this in a heartbeat, no lie, when next year rolls around. I even have a couple GBA Video carts I can ready to sacrifice to use their shells for this. Next year I have a modification planned for my AGS-001 GBA SP, anyway, replacing its frontlit screen with a good backlit one and doing a headphone jack mod on it to boot, so I've got no problem sinking the money next year at this point.

(I'm kind of forcing myself, too, since my DS ExPak will never rightly work with TWL++'s native GBA loading, and I want that feature to perfect my DS Lite at this stage...)

Extrems

GameCube Wizard
Trophies
Website
www.extremscorner.org
XP
Country
Canada
That looks like an FPGA inside of it, chances are it's not cheap.
Fun fact, the original EZ-Flash Omega uses the same FPGA as GCVideo-DVI.

This one uses the same FPGA as the GC Loader. This chain of coincidence amuses me.

Last edited by Extrems,

KevinMX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Is it compatible with the colored shells they released for the original Omega? (aside from the spot with the switch which would obviously need to be filed out)

Is it compatible with the colored shells that were made for the previous Omega? (aside from the switch, where it would obviously need to be filed out to fit)
Probably not. The new card seems to have a larger PCB than the previous gen, and as you can see the screw hole is in the middle, but the previous omega is not.

I saw this on retrorgb's website and he linked this website https://retrogamerepairshop.com/products/ez-flash-omega-definitive-edition?variant=37738821517484 . Personally I think 100 is too much, hopefully that isn't the final price.
Ha, first heard about that.
Oh wait, is that one of the official resellers of ezflash? xDDD

kerobscure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only lies in his website, Omega is not the end.

rqkI5q3.png

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
99$ is way to much. I hope this price is just a place holder. If this is the real deal then there is no point to buy this instead of an Everdrive.

and x5 mini was $79 on BF which their BF was like two weeks long

I would want to hear how much more power efficient this is, and that saves have really been addressed and fool proof and error / full save folder wiped, proof.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool info.

Having DS extras has me curious here.

Seems like they also took many of the hard earned lessons in oddities and polish for this as well which is nice.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a pretty high price but if you consider it's doing more than the Everdrive for the same price this is ok but not great of course. Hopefully the software is polished this time and not as buggy. That would justify the price.

edit:
From a first glance on the chinese review linked above it looks like the PCB has hard gold plating. That's another plus.

Last edited by ghjfdtg,

KevinMX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Looks neat
I see RGB settings and one's obviously for SD access but not sure what the other is.
You can turn it on/off, config it as breathing light, and for SD access.
From the top:
Save: Autosave on/off
Mode B stat: Vibration/RAM expansion/DS Link
LED Indicator: On/Off
Breath Light: R/G/B
SD Access: R/G/B

Reactions: Piepokemon

PZT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not. The new card seems to have a larger PCB than the previous gen, and as you can see the screw hole is in the middle, but the previous omega is not.
Sad day
If you're reading this, EZTeam, make an orange shell for Omega Definitive Edition!
I love the nostalgic orange shell, the EZ3 was my first flashcart and I imagine lots of other people have fond memories too, have been using the orange Omega shell since it came out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...