Hacking Changing WiiU Channel Icons

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello fellas...

Fellas, can i add a picture to a folder icon ?

I have created several folders with VC games like NES,Turbo Grfx 16,Super NES and other Retro console games. The icons look bland and boring with just text.

Can i add a picture to the folders? Say a picture of the NES console.

Putting games in their own folders are good for categorizing and cleans things up a bit but it still looks ugly as hell.

not that I'm aware.

MattM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have tried to replace one of the icons as example, but it just shows up as ??? Everyone keeps mentioning that you need to change the footer hex, but how do you even do that? I am using Photoshop to export the tag files and don't see anyway to modify the hex

Also, I tried to put back the original file that I backed up and the ??? still didn't get fixed. Now it is telling me I need to delete the game altogether. Ugh

Last edited by MattM,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MattM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't recall the size and/or footer modification. I'm thinking that the footer doesn't need to be changed, only the photo needs to be saved a certain way. I have a list of image files and sizes in the wii u section on psx place. if a game shows all ?, then it will not be bootabele.

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/correct-save-settings-for-tga-files.13082/

Hi. I do have all the correct settings and saved the file with 32bit and no rle. I even tried to ftp the original backup file I copied back to the folder to undo and still doesn't work. I am using FTPiiU_Everywhere and Cyberduck. Haven't had problem replacing meta files to rename the games, so I shocked that putting the original file back has not worked either.

Also, this particular title only has one location for the meta. So no dlc or update patch folders to deal with.

Last edited by MattM,

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT2:
download link for the logo psd: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ojzusym26n9797p/wiiUlogos.psd?dl=0
(contains like 60 games) you'll need to save them as tga separately

---------------------

EDIT1: Got it to work on 5.5.2 with cbhc

so you just use fptiiu everywhere with cbhc, connect with a ftp client and you need these directions:
usually normal icons of games are stored in storage_mlc01 (or usb) /usr/title/00050000/title id of game/meta
but icons of games that have patches overwrite the icon that is located in 00050000, so you have to change out the icon in storage_mlc01 (or usb) /usr/title/0005000e/title id of game/meta !! that did it.

and as known the tga file must be exact the same size as the old one. and it has to have the footer hex
Code:
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 54 52 55 45 56 49 53 49 4F 4E 2D 58 46 49 4C 45 2E 00 00 00 00 00

that worked for me.

so no wupserver was needed. everything worked with the latest ftpiiu everywhere

---------------------

Hello,

is there a way to change Channel Icons of various Games? For Example the Tekken TT2 Icon/Channel Logo sucks and i would like to use my own.
How do I do that?

I want to use my custom made Game Icons to make the icons looks more uniform
zULQUq1.png

Thanks in advance. :)
I know this is an old post, but I just stumbled upon this thread and saw the awesome icons that @matruka made.

Would anyone happen to have a copy of the wiiUlogos.psd file? The Dropbox link is dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto