XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
A couple comments. Some exploits only support loading boot.elf and not boot.dol, keep this in mind.

Also, rather than trying to post a Syscheck, just use Modmii's hackmii solutions wizard. It will have u install a few clean IOSs that the hackmii installer plays nicely with, then have u launch the hackmii installer again and this time it should work because it will have loaded one of the new clean IOSs we just installed instead of whatever it's running off of curre tly and crashing

Reactions: KokoseiJ

Masqueerade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple comments. Some exploits only support loading boot.elf and not boot.dol, keep this in mind.

Also, rather than trying to post a Syscheck, just use Modmii's hackmii solutions wizard. It will have u install a few clean IOSs that the hackmii installer plays nicely with, then have u launch the hackmii installer again and this time it should work because it will have loaded one of the new clean IOSs we just installed instead of whatever it's running off of curre tly and crashing

oof sorry, I'm on Mac. Besides, chrome discarded the download because it was dangerous.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

I'm aware that some exploits doesn't support .dol, but I know that letterbomb supports .dol. It did boot, after all.

and I didn't know that it was a thing - What does it do? I want to check it by myself but sadly I'm on Linux, and ModMii didn't work well with Wine the last time I tried it.

Also this might not be the best place but thank you for making the great utility!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Save mmm's boot.elf (or your preferred wad manager) to the root of the SD, and also save an official IOS58, 61 and 36 to your wad folder. Then launch the app with an exploit and install the wads, then try the hackmii installer again

Edit: this is Basically what the hackmii solutions wizard does

Reactions: jeannotte

Masqueerade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save mmm's boot.elf (or your preferred wad manager) to the root of the SD, and also save an official IOS58, 61 and 36 to your wad folder. Then launch the app with an exploit and install the wads, then try the hackmii installer again

Edit: this is Basically what the hackmii solutions wizard does

This problem came up before, but MMM only comes with a boot.dol file. Do I just rename it, is there a .dol --> .elf converter, or something else. Also do I have to use NUSDownloader for the IOSs?

Last edited by Masqueerade,

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
This problem came up before, but MMM only comes with a boot.dol file. Do I just rename it, is there a .dol --> .elf converter, or something else. Also do I have to use NUSDownloader for the IOSs?
Removing boot.elf and placing boot.dol will work.

There's a list of softwares in NUS downloader, grab latest version of those IOSes. I'm not on my PC so unfortunately I can't help you with this but It's quite straightforward so You could do it easily.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Masqueerade

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Removing boot.elf and placing boot.dol will work.

There's a list of softwares in NUS downloader, grab latest version of those IOSes. I'm not on my PC so unfortunately I can't help you with this but It's quite straightforward so You could do it easily.

Welp, Mac cockblocked it cuz' it came from mediafire, so I'll see if I can find another way

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
There is a boot.elf for MMM, but as previously mentioned you are using an exploit that supports elfs and dols so don't worry about it.

And yes you will need to grab files from NUS. I'm fairly certain there are some NUS Downloader apps that work on other non-windows operating systems

If any of this seems too difficult, you can always try to find a friend willing to lend you access to his windows pc for a few minutes so you can use ModMii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too