1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    The same BS argument could be made of the PSP, Vita, literally anything

MadMakuFuuma likes this.
  2. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu DS Pokémon Fan

Australia
    Some people do. The game only really got the praise it did because it's an open-world Legend of Zelda game, which is something the series has never really tried before - the closest being The Wind Waker, which is still quite linear despite the open seas. And because some people are more tolerant of frustrating, unnecessary flaws than others.

For me, it's undoubtedly the weakest "Legend of Zelda" game, since it's barely one to begin with - having stripped away most of the conventions found since A Link to the Past. Even Skyward Sword, a truly abominable game that's downright painful to control, is a better "Legend of Zelda" game than this faker. The same could be said of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks - mediocre Legend of Zelda games with "why do this? There's a better option!" controls, but are still more "Legend of Zelda" than Breath of the Wild ever could be.

There's also better open-world games too, once we strip away the "Legend of Zelda" facade. Assassin's Creed Origins has superior weaponry, doesn't have stamina or temperature, and has more direction too - and less repetitive busywork. Its only real flaws are the lack of a fast money grinding spot, and the characterisation of Bayek's wife, Aya. Batman: Arkham Knight's also a more enjoyable open-world, again due to lacking hindrances, having more varied activities and more compelling characters. Arkham City's decent, but it's noticeably slower, in terms of world traversal, making it inferior in my eyes. Skyrim annoyingly has limited stamina, but there's no fragility or temperature mechanics.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What does my dog have to pound fifty times in order to not be a cat? The local invading bush turkey? Small infants?

3. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Again. Most people enjoyed the experience. No one's saying that the game isn't without it's flaws, but despite having played most of the games you mentioned, I still thoroughly enjoyed my time on botw on several playthroughs. as did most other people.
    stamina and weapon mechanics arent half as big a deal as some try to make them out to be. and being different from the last 7 games isn't necessarily something bad. thats why people want botw2 to happen soon

4. MadMakuFuuma

MadMakuFuuma Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    to be fair, the only games i completed on cemu (are twilight princess HD and wind waker HD lol! i know other games work (I've played mario 3d word, captain toad, mario kart and so on) but i admit their focus more on zeldas than anything XD.

5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Doesn't Twilight Princess require some high accuracy setting to run without glitches?

6. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    there's a difference
    Nintendo's old consoles (and even Sega's, too) had legendary and revolutionary games that turned the industry around and have been designed so well that they are timeless. Many people still talk about Super Mario World, Sonic 3, Streets of Rage, ALTTP and OOT.
    The wii u has none of that, not even a system seller.
    No one's talking about Super Mario 3d World, Sonic Lost World, or Game & Wario, even if they were released way more recently. That's because they're just decent games- they didn't do anything profound or weren't so amazing they made people buy them just for that one game. They're normal games.

7. Shape

Shape Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This is GREAT news!

My switch just got canceled. I bet you can guess why.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - emulator, updated, version