MetoMeto GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    What does this mean for Nvidia users?

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. MuperMumpjanSario

MuperMumpjanSario Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    NVIDIA already supports Vulkan 1.2 in its standard GPU drivers.

MetoMeto and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  3. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    Most games on Linux use it, and it's also been incorporated into certain versions of WINE through a runtime called dxvk. This runtime converts DirectX API calls to Vulkan calls. Steam's Proton and the Lutris game manager both have it built in. In my experience, games benefit *majorly* from this. For example, you know how GTA IV is a notoriously bad PC port? It runs flawlessly under Proton and dxvk. If you have the know-how, you can also move away from Xorg to Wayland, which adds more beefiness to most everything (looking at you, Dolphin, c'mon already).

4. sonicrings

sonicrings GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    It's been the best way to play botw since like 2017 or 2018 lmao

5. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    Back then it still has many glitches when you used certain filters, HD modes and so on.

6. sonicrings

Canada
    The only glitches I'm aware of were the blue weirdness in the shrines, which had a patch back then, and the weirdness with flames, which also had a patch back then. The game had already been able to run at 60fps 1080p for me back then. It's even better now, but it's been the best way to play botw since... Ah, yes, January 2018, the date of my files.

Last edited by sonicrings, Apr 20, 2021
  7. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    There was until recently glitches on certain mods, the filters have improved a whole lot so have the mods. Overall is like if the game mods and filters have been developed for way longer that they actually were.

I wish there was this dedication to the Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations hacks.

Then again Sonic 06 Project has finally finished most of the Sonic levels minus Boss fights and they play really great.

8. sonicrings

Canada
    I agree, I'm really itching to play Unleashed HD again, this time on a PC with no frame drops. At this rate it feels like an official port will release before the emulators fully support it 100% lol

9. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Addict

Argentina

Cool, new Mods.

Last edited by raxadian, Apr 20, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - emulator, publicly, released