Cemu emulator version 1.22.10 publicly released, makes Vulkan the default render API

LnO2PQJ.png

It's time for an update, one that isn't the typical system software updates you're used to seeing. Wii U emulator Cemu has been updated to version 1.22.10, and has been released to the public. This new version of the emulator adds some minor adjustments and fixes, making it so that Cemu doesn't crash on computers that low image view limits, and resolves the issue where Yoshi's Wooly World would crash randomly. Also new to 1.22.10 is Vulkan now being the default render API for the emulator, which makes sense, given the performance boost most users get by using it. You can get the new version at the official Cemu site.

# New in 1.22.10b:

general: Fixed a crash caused by the separate GamePad view

# New in 1.22.10:

general: Vulkan is now the default render API
general: Added game profile option to overwrite the render API (#238)
general: Games installed via the file menu will now appear in the game list automatically (previously it was necessary to manually refresh it)
general: Fixed 'meta.xml missing' error that could occur when trying to install games/updates/dlc

gfxPack: Fixed a bug where graphic pack logging output would be garbled

Vulkan: Reduced number of Vulkan image views created by roughly 50%
Prevents crashes on drivers that have a low image view limit

coreinit: Tweaked behavior of MPWaitTaskQ() to prevent it from starving other threads of all CPU time
This fixes random softlocks in Yoshi's Woolly World (#474)

debugger: Fixed incorrect encoding of CR register with non-zero index in compare instructions
debugger: Graphic pack codecaves now show up in the module list
debugger: Added condition registers to the register view

Note:
(#xx) refers to resolved bug tracker issues. See http://bugs.cemu.info/projects/cemu/

:arrow: Source

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
So if something I have can use vulkan, I should use it? Is this only for games cause I don't know any games on steam I played that has a option for vulkan. But that dolphin ppsspp and duckstation emulator has vulkan, opengl, D3D11 or 12 something. :ninja:
Most games on Linux use it, and it's also been incorporated into certain versions of WINE through a runtime called dxvk. This runtime converts DirectX API calls to Vulkan calls. Steam's Proton and the Lutris game manager both have it built in. In my experience, games benefit *majorly* from this. For example, you know how GTA IV is a notoriously bad PC port? It runs flawlessly under Proton and dxvk. If you have the know-how, you can also move away from Xorg to Wayland, which adds more beefiness to most everything (looking at you, Dolphin, c'mon already).

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Back then it still has many glitches when you used certain filters, HD modes and so on.
The only glitches I'm aware of were the blue weirdness in the shrines, which had a patch back then, and the weirdness with flames, which also had a patch back then. The game had already been able to run at 60fps 1080p for me back then. It's even better now, but it's been the best way to play botw since... Ah, yes, January 2018, the date of my files.

Last edited by SonicRings,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The only glitches I'm aware of were the blue weirdness in the shrines, which had a patch back then, and the weirdness with flames, which also had a patch back then. The game had already been able to run at 60fps 1080p for me back then. It's even better now, but it's been the best way to play botw since... Ah, yes, January 2018, the date of my files.

There was until recently glitches on certain mods, the filters have improved a whole lot so have the mods. Overall is like if the game mods and filters have been developed for way longer that they actually were.

I wish there was this dedication to the Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations hacks.

Then again Sonic 06 Project has finally finished most of the Sonic levels minus Boss fights and they play really great.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There was until recently glitches on certain mods, the filters have improved a whole lot so have the mods. Overall is like if the game mods and filters have been developed for way longer that they actually were.

I wish there was this dedication to the Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations hacks.

Then again Sonic 06 Project has finally finished most of the Sonic levels minus Boss fights and they play really great.
I agree, I'm really itching to play Unleashed HD again, this time on a PC with no frame drops. At this rate it feels like an official port will release before the emulators fully support it 100% lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: