Hacking Official CBHC v1.6 - ColdBoot HaxChi CFW

Polarise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cbhc is a cfw. Look at the thread title. Why would fix continue to work on launching other cfw from inside his cfw. Don't seem logical really does it.
Well Frappachino CFW has more features if you take a look at the thread. CBHC is a way to boot into Homebrew or CFW.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Subtle Demise

FIX94

Former Staff
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Frappuccino 's out you just have to compile it for yourself... https://github.com/zoltx23/Frappuccino-CFW
Tho honestly what's the point? not That many more features and definitely none that make me wanna switch from Fix94's CBHC CFW...
also none of the features are actually implemented and if you were compile this yourself you would just get mocha out.

Orion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF? Fuck no, in what way could rednand be outdated? It keeps improved, it just got full otp and seeprom redirection a little ago. Do you at least know what it means?
My bad, Rednand's Outdated for those of us who know we're not gonna fuck up our wiiu's... For those who want a OS within an OS Rednand's the way but serious it's just a waste of an sd card for the average user who will not use/need "those" features...

Rednand=Redirect Nand(to sd card)
For those who didn't know...

Last edited by Orion,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My bad, Rednand's Outdated for those of us who know we're not gonna fuck up our wiiu's... For those who want a OS within an OS Rednand's the way but serious it's just a waste of an sd card for the average user who will not use/need "those" features...

1.- You can play with the file system on redNAND, in sysNAND you shouldn't.
2.- With redNAND you can dump a RAW image of your NAND, on sysNAND you only can dump the File Tree.
3.- On redNAND you can update if an update comes out, on sysNAND you shouldn't.
4.- You can use your redNAND on every console *this one needs to be improve, but pretty sure will be improved on January

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW I'd love if CBHC CFW gets redNAND support in a future, is a pain to wait 1:30 minutes to enter to my redNAND.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.- With redNAND you can dump a RAW image of your NAND, on sysNAND you only can dump the File Tree.
4.- You can use your redNAND on every console *this one needs to be improve, but pretty sure will be improved on January

No one really knows how the updates work afaik. It may not be safe to update rednand. I would let the devs figure that one out before I tried.

Orion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW I'd love if CBHC CFW gets redNAND support in a future, is a pain to wait 1:30 minutes to enter to my redNAND.
The average user will not need to play with sysNAND or dump a raw image, CFW has protection against possible updates, but even with rednand it's not 100% safe yet.
Also no one should encourage the average user to play with system files even in rednand, that will be mostly for dev's and dev's at that level will most likely not need a Fix94 solution to boot rednand directly with signed patches...

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well I got a 128gb sd and all emulators (except GameCube and Wii games those are on my harddrive) with all games rednand cbhc haxchi and backups with 80gb left. It's not bad at all and it's actually good for staying safe from bricking, since you can brick rednand all day and use it for testing. Plus if an update comes out it could be useful but that's about it.

Orion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got a 128gb sd and all emulators (except GameCube and Wii games those are on my harddrive) with all games rednand cbhc haxchi and backups with 80gb left. It's not bad at all and it's actually good for staying safe from bricking, since you can brick rednand all day and use it for testing. Plus if an update comes out it could be useful but that's about it.
Last time I checked vWii was broken which was a big deal breaker for most including myself, but the real problem is most things a average user wants can be done on sysNAND with cfw So there's really not a need for it except the update protection but really if you've taking steps to block updates and your not doing sh#t that would brick your wiiu which you shouldn't be anyway unless your a dev, you don't need rednand...

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I checked vWii was broken which was a big deal breaker for most including myself, but the real problem is most things a average user wants can be done on sysNAND with cfw So there's really not a need for it except the update protection but really if you've taking steps to block updates and your not doing sh#t that would brick your wiiu which you shouldn't be anyway unless your a dev, you don't need rednand...
It may be broke on rednand but that's only because it's on a different nand. If you really need to go to it you shouldn't have to be on rednand anyways. The worst is with coldboot you can't autoboot in vWii anymore but it works fine with sysnand, you don't really lose anything.

Last edited by Powerful,

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94
Would it be possible to implement the option to autoboot to vWii if pressing a specific button (like B without CBHC installed for example)??
I use the direct boot to vWii quite often, of course it's no big deal starting via WiiU menu, I was just wondering if it could be implemented at all or if it'd be too much work for this rather "cosmetic" feature ;)

Thanks for your work!

And a happy new year to all of you :)

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
@FIX94
Would it be possible to implement the option to autoboot to vWii if pressing a specific button (like B without CBHC installed for example)??
I use the direct boot to vWii quite often, of course it's no big deal starting via WiiU menu, I was just wondering if it could be implemented at all or if it'd be too much work for this rather "cosmetic" feature ;)

Thanks for your work!

And a happy new year to all of you :)

I did notice that the menu feature stopped working but so far I didnt find any way to actually properly boot into vwii mode which is why thats not an option right now.

Reactions: geheim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGhhGhvxbvI