Capcom Town survey asks fans about returning franchises, remakes and new entries

logo_en.png

Capcom is celebrating its 40th Anniversary this year, and as a part of their celebration, their fan centric "Capcom Town" has opened up a new section titled "Super Elections", which prompts Capcom fans with some questions regarding different aspects about Capcom and their franchises.

The "Super Election" survey is made up of 10 main questions, with the first 2 asking players what are their favourite Capcom franchise and character. Afterwards, the next two questions are in regards to what they expect out of a Capcom game and what image the player has of the company.

Now, the following two questions #5 and #6 are the interesting ones. In question #5, Capcom asks the players directly which franchise from them they would like to see a new sequel from, which a wide variety of titles like Dino Crisis, Okami, Onimusha and Ghost and Goblins listed from their dormant IPs, and their usual main ones like Resident Evil, Monster Hunter and Mega Man. For question #6, Capcom asks which franchise's entries they would like to see a remake of, and these include Mega Man 1 through 3, Gargoyle's Quest 1-3, Onimusha 1-3, and around other 6 older titles, and an option for "Not in here", but it doesn't give an option to input a suggestion.

Questions #7 and #8 are related to what game from Capcom the player experienced first, and which one from them has been the most influential to the player. To wrap up, question #9 asks users if they have any complaints in regards to Capcom, which sadly doesn't have an option to complain to them about their bad stance on mods, and the last question asks whether or not the user wants to leave a comment directly for Capcom, with an open text box limited to 400 characters to let Capcom know about opinions, requests or other things.

Capcom Town's Super Election can be accessed directly through their Capcom Town link, which can be found here for those interested in leaving their feedback to Capcom on what they'd like to see next.

:arrow: Capcom Town
:arrow: Capcom Town's Super Elections

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd absolutely love to see Ōkami make a return; the first game is still a delight to play, with its fun gameplay and beautiful and unique art style. ŌkamiDen, the DS-exclusive sequel starring Amaterasu's son Chibiterasu, was also a nice little extra, though it could really use the remake treatment to solve its main issues (d-pad controls, permanently missable quest items, pixellated visuals, etc.).

However, ŌkamiDen didn't follow up on the original's sequel hook, where Ammy and Waka travel to the Celestial Plain; I'd pay Capcom top-dollar for a proper Ōkami 2 that does explore the Plain. Heck, I'd pay them twice to get it on Steam and Switch.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If not Ōkami, then I wouldn't mind a 7th Ace Attorney game; while they have since released The Great AA Chronicles (at long last) and compiled the six games into two trilogies, the last new game (Spirit of Justice) was released eight years ago on the 3DS.

If there's a 7th game, I want Capcom to finally have Phoenix and Lamiroir explain to Apollo and Trucy that they're half-siblings. That's been a plot point left hanging since the original AJ:AA game on the DS, and has never been touched on since; it's gotten really frustrating, if not aggravating, that Phoenix hasn't told them yet. I mean, FFS - that'd be the first thing I'd tell them after becoming a team, not holding off for years on end. Ugh.

Also please bring Gumshoe back. He's been gone since the flashback part of AJ:AA; didn't even appear in the SoJ DLC case that brought back Larry (and was promoted as having "all the original cast"). What the hell.
Mia also didn't appear, but then again she's dead, and Phoenix doesn't really need her help via Maya anymore; still would've been nice to see her again, though, for her to see how far he's come since the Hazakura Temple case.

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Just need some more Breath of Fire, and not that Breath of Fire 6 mobile micro-transaction cash in trash. I wouldn't mind a remake to get more people into the franchise. 2002 since the last real game is way too long, and we need more families of classic jrpgs(no offense monster hunter) brought to the current day then just Square/Enix has to offer.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't worry guys, I told them to make a new Power Stone and Gotcha Force game, or else I was gonna mail them pipebombs, now for sure we gonna get something out of them.

Wasted 5 mins to do this pointless thing, meh, at least the site's graphic was cute shrug

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote them about the DRM/mod thing in the freetext comment at the end and voted "depends on you" about whether I would support them. Assuming that they listen, this survey is a really cool thing they are doing.

I also discovered they let you play some of their SNES and NES games in a browser, which is really cool of them: https://captown.capcom.com/en/retro_games/11/en

Snintendog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went the Extra and Translated my Comment to JP about the DRM and shitty Localizers floating around wanting to damage their games...

Sorry but i had to vote for Onimusha over BoF Becasue 1-3 were perfect as is and i have no love for fighting games, Okami just isn't Okami without Clover(Platinum), and Megaman 1-3 don't need remakes either, Ace Attorney much the same The Localizers backed themselves into such a funny corner making Japanifornia That I love to see how ridiculous they try to work with it now It just needs a better Translation option for the existing ports.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom has awesome characters that are loved by everyone, but a lot of the games those characters come from aren’t friendly to people who just like the characters (I know a lot of girls who love the guys in DMC or Resident Evil but don’t like the gameplay, lots of guys are obsessed with Morrigan but would be turned off by the way most Darkstalkers characters control, or just fighting games in general).

So I told Capcom they could generate interest in their company again with a large scale crossover game like Project X Zone that is more about the characters and easy attacks/cool animations. I also told them they’d just ruin it by making it a mobile game* or bogging it down with DLC or some nonsense.

*Teppen is actually very good, but the grimdark atmosphere only speaks to a small slice of popular Capcom stuff

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wow. Beautiful initiative. It shows a lot of care for their legacy and the fans. Dunno if it will convert into strategic planning, but seriously, Square-Enix and others should take a leaf out of Capcom's book.
Post automatically merged:

WAIT. They actually made available in that website a Web-based emulator for some of their retro titles... as in, like "Nintendo Mini" and whatever, but in the same way Archive.org does it. This is the first time I have ever seen a big company do this...? It's pretty revolutionary, in my opinion.

https://captown.capcom.com/en/retro_games

@ShadowOne333 have people been aware of this?

Last edited by MarkDarkness,
  • Love
Reactions: Pismire

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im happy they let me say something about breath of fire.......... bet they look at it and be like "what the fuck is a breath of fire? did he mean Street Fighter? he meant street fighter"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?