Capcom Europe Blames Fans for MML3 Cancellation

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I had no idea about the devrooms... I just heard about the prototype thing that was going to be downloadable... :/ Lack of information seems to be the biggest issue here.

gloweyjoey

who??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Well maybe Inafune will make a new title for Nintendo?
Apparently, he has already started up two new game companies and new games are already in development. Possibly some for Nintendo maybe.

http://kotaku.com/5802208/how-one-fistfigh...-of-video-games

unfortunately, he is looking forward to making social network games and mobile phone games as well as big budget games

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Out of curiosity, if they do end up releasing the demo/game and it turns out to be a horrible game, would you still buy it to show Capcom they should listen to fans or not buy it and prove Capcom right in wanting to cancel it?

Keep in mind that the MML games you all love so much were made by Inafune who is no longer there.
Also that Capcom is known to HATE the Legends IP and has no idea what to do with it hence relying on the devroom which had a lukewarm response...possibly due to not spreading the word enough about it...even though all the major gaming news sources would make an article whenever a decision was made from it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then we'll all be jumping up and down and fist pumping when they say "Monster Hunter" and you'll all forget about this.

It seems like we all hate them but when it comes down to it, we're still willing to whip out our wallets and pay $40 for Resident Evil: The Mercs 3D.

gloweyjoey

who??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
I have never been a Capcom fan really, but that is fucked up.

I had no intentions on buying this game, but after I'll remember this next time I am about to buy a Capcom game.
Sorry, but I found this ironic as your avatar is of Four Swords, which was an original title made by......CAPCOM.

Capcom, is the ONLY company besides Nintendo that has been so widely involved in the creation of a main series Zelda game (Phillips doesn't count since those games sucked major ass and nothing from them was continued on in the series). First with the Oracle games, and then the last game they were involved with was Minish Cap. At first I didn't like the idea, but the games were so good. I wouldn't mind another title with Capcoms involvement at all.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Guild McCommunist said:
And then we'll all be jumping up and down and fist pumping when they say "Monster Hunter" and you'll all forget about this.

It seems like we all hate them but when it comes down to it, we're still willing to whip out our wallets and pay $40 for Resident Evil: The Mercs 3D.
I don't think so. That game sold < 30K copies in June. Bomba.

As for teh topic, Capcom needs to work on it's PR. They're making themselves the Japanese Activision.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Guild McCommunist said:

Not even that. In a week from now probably everyone will have moved on to something else. Just like what happened to " Operation Rainfall".
Also, this, front page news?
*sigh*

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Not even that. In a week from now probably everyone will have moved on to something else. Just like what happened to " Operation Rainfall".
Also, this, front page news?
*sigh*
Yeah, people won't care for long, not long from now it will just be a reference point for people to use in arguments.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuck u capcom

seems like all they r in it for is the money they over spent and now realize they will lose a lot money if i buy any more games from now on it will be used they arnt getting my money ever again.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is ridiculous....then it would be a funding room where people pay for the production and advertising of the game and finally on top of that we have to buy the game LOL.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
"I've decided to stop working on a project because nobody praised me, it's all YOUR fault, definatelly not mine".

Idiot logic ftw.
I know, it's so awesome.

But really, this is stupid.

But like others have said, it will most likely be forgotten shortly.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Foxi4 said:
"I've decided to stop working on a project because nobody praised me, it's all YOUR fault, definatelly not mine".

Idiot logic ftw.
To be fair, it's more "I've decided to stop working on a project that I never wanted to do in the first place. The only reason why I even started was because people told me they really wanted it and when given the chance to show how much they wanted it almost no one did."

It's funny, but I think the biggest fans of MML3 all saw this coming since we all knew from the start that Capcom never wanted this game to exist in the first place.
I wonder how many people are just jumping on the hate train.
How many were there to cheer when MML3 was announced and KNEW about the devroom from that same announcement.
How many actually bothered to even register let alone participate.
How many of those that didn't know, but were fans enough to notice even one news post from any major gaming site about developments from the devroom.
And how many decided to join at that point to show their support.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
Foxi4 said:

Idiot logic ftw.
To be fair, it's more "I've decided to stop working on a project that I never wanted to do in the first place. The only reason why I even started was because people told me they really wanted it and when given the chance to show how much they wanted it almost no one did."

It's funny, but I think the biggest fans of MML3 all saw this coming since we all knew from the start that Capcom never wanted this game to exist in the first place.
How many were there to cheer when MML3 was announced and KNEW about the devroom from that same announcement.
How many of those that didn't know, but were fans enough to notice even one news post from any major gaming site about developments from the devroom.
"More like we don't have the balls to put out a new game and should shove the burden of making a game on customers."

Imagine they try to make us do that for every new or revived IP, we would be getting any *new* games.

We shouldn't have to make a game for them,so we can pay for it. Other words we don't pay companies to make the game ourselves.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Zarcon said:
Foxi4 said:

Idiot logic ftw.

"More like we don't have the balls to put out a new game and should shove the burden of making a game on customers."

Imagination they try to make us do that for every new or revived IP, we would be getting any new games.
They have the balls, just not the motivation, I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up