jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everyone, seriously. Let's leave Legends 3 to rest. As much as you and I love Megaman and the franchise as a whole, it seems like we beating at dead horse that was deaf, blind, and had all 4 legs amputated.

Nothing is going to give at the moment until we hear from either Inafune or Capcom themselves regarding the future of the franchise. It hurts more to keep bringing it back up, than to just let it go.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zarcon said:
Nimbus: Please...please read the thread before replying.

Really now...

I read it before posting FYI, yeah...I was actually a good boy and read something, analyzed it, and came to a conclusion before deciding what to post, and whether or not to blow my top,, and frankly it seems to me that they just want to be lazy about releasing something different other than SF or whatever rerelease/rehash. The comments in the tweets also confirm this to me, seeing as they seem to want to instead make it seem like the Fans didn't want it enough.

How is wanting a MML3 since MML2 came out not wanting it enough.

Therefore, I believe I have every right to be angry as **** thank you so very much. If you're also implying that I shouldn't be angry because the fans comments have been passed along, then that's absurd, as likely they will just be deleted when they reach whatever inbox, Capcom obviously doesn't care. Additionally this confirms one other thing, which I've probably known now for ages....

Capcom is just like every other huge video game company nowadays, overrated, pushing out rehashes of the same damn thing, not listening to the people that bring them the best no matter how much they plead and fight, blaming bad sales/cancellations on the fans, and caring about only one thing. Money....it's greed my friends...greed used in the wrong way, in the bad way. Capcom or someone at Capcom obviously does not give two flying you-know-whats about a fanbase that has been screaming at them for ages to make a sequel to a game that actually sold well.

Megaman is officially dead people...here's hoping for an E-Tank of some form or something to revive it in some way, maybe in a different company. Capcom cannot survive on Street Fighter alone, I promise you all that much.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
I don't think Legends ever sold that well (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and Capcom had no interest in ever making another Legends game.
Inafune had to fight tooth and nail to get Capcom to even consider it.

Games like Mario and Street Fighter have extremely healthy sales figures, making another sequel is basically risk free in terms of sales.
They need make,sell and try and stop being so scare. I didn't understand if they are to scare to make it, they should give it up to another Company then.
Just seem they didn't even want try themselves.

TBH I just want a Megaman game altogether.

They could have even did some sell by online order. Other words make game for each other with no return policy. Kinda harsh,but... yea.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CAPCOM comes off as fucking lazy, so don't develop any other game that seemingly doesn't have support. I mean the people who participated did it out of love of the series and didn't get a single dime for contributing great ideas/concepts. Not everyone had the time to contribute or skill. Thanks for getting us excited for nothing.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Capcom just needs to get their shit together. Just make the Damn game. It is not going to kill you. With all of this controversy surrounding the game it might even sell higher than their expectations.

gloweyjoey

who??
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
Hey just found this, maybe some tweets are new here, not sure

Now the company is responding to the resulting bombardment of angry tweets by reassuring fans that this was not meant to implicate them, but instead to make a simple statement about the interaction within the devroom, and to show that Capcom was at fault for using a poorly planned marketing strategy.

yes that was a flippant answer, it was a shame lots of people didn't get involved in Dev room to devleop the game was my point

I said it was "a shame more fans didn't want to get more involved" when discussing our Dev rooms = Blaming Capcom

Thats not blaming the fans thats expressing dissapointment in something we did

140 characters is not easy to explain all the detail people want

Finally, there's a note that the voices of angry fans are not going unheard:

This incident has shown there is very passionate group Mega man fans. It will be passed on.[/p]
This response is asinine(not you samash).
The full Tweet was "It's a shame more FANS didn't want to get more involved. If we saw there was more of an AUDIENCE for MML3 poeple might change minds."

There is NO WHERE in that statement where disappointment was expressed in something THEY did. It was FANS and an AUDIENCE that disappointment was expressed upon.

This is basically, blame the fans that didn't participate, then when everyone shits a brick, you cover your ass and say it was your fault not the fans or the....AUDIENCE FOR THE GAME THAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY MISSING.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have never been a Capcom fan really, but that is fucked up.

I had no intentions on buying this game, but after I'll remember this next time I am about to buy a Capcom game.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
First of all, I don't get how Crapcom claimed that the title lacked the audience, did they travel 1 year into the future and saw the sales of MML3?? Lol. Many people don't even use the net. They just wait for their store to release the game, how many out of those could be the fans of the Legends series? Many, or even none. They should've taken the risk.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
IMO, I think they would have had a lot more support with feedback, suggestions, etc had they released the prototype on the eShop so people had an idea about the direction Capcom was going with it. You can't make corrections to a flight plan that isn't available for examination.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nimbus: Yup, a fanbase that wanted Legends 3 so bad that only 15,000 of them even bothered to sign up to the devroom.
Inafune was the only one who liked Legends.
Legends did poorly sales-wise. (Again, correct me if I'm wrong.)
Inafune left Capcom.
They had every reason to just cancel the project right there since no one was really left with an interest in the game.
The only way a good Legends game would be made would be if the fans had more control over it.
They gave fans that option.
In the grand scheme of things almost no one joined up.

Twitter is also a terrible way to spread news, you have a tiny character limit.
It's a shame not many fans signed up for the devroom to show interest.
They should have advertised and sent more word out it.
Though, in their defense, if you (in general, not you specifically) were really as big a fan of Legends as you claimed you would have known about the devroom already.
If not from the beginning then each time a game site announced the results of a devrom development.

Honestly, I'm glad MML3 is cancelled. If you hate "CRAPCOM" so much then you should be glad too.
Would you really want a company who hates the Legends franchise to be making a new Legends game?

[EDIT]

KingVamp: To be fair, the last Megaman game was...Megaman 10 in 2010.
Last year.

People are always complaining about too many sequels and not enough sequels.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
Nimbus: Yup, a fanbase that wanted Legends 3 so bad that only 15,000 of them even bothered to sign up to the devroom.
Inafune left Capcom.
They had every reason to just cancel the project right there since no one was really left with an interest in the game.
The only way a good Legends game would be made would be if the fans had more control over it.

Though, in their defense, if you (in general, not you specifically) were really as big a fan of Legends as you claimed you would have known about the devroom already.
If not from the beginning then each time a game site announced the results of a devrom development.

Honestly, I'm glad MML3 is cancelled. If you hate "CRAPCOM" so much then you should be glad too.
Would you really want a company who hates the Legends franchise to be making a new Legends game?

I wonder if other franchises devised a devroom, would more people bother to contribute? I think most people just want the end product, their already going to pay for the game.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
Inafune left Capcom.

[EDIT]

Last year.

This was exactly the conclusion I came to today... I sincerely hope my other MM fans here can reach this same conclusion as well, hopefully.

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DigitalDeviant said:
I wonder if other franchises devised a devroom, would more people bother to contribute? I think most people just want the end product, their already going to pay for the game.
You have to keep in mind, as others have pointed out, Capcom is a company and they love their money.
And as Inafune has pointed out, the ones on the top of the chain really have no idea how things work.
They look at the success of Legends in the past compared to other games they've made, heck, even other Megaman games and they see absolutely no reason to make a sequel.
The devroom was Inafune's way of proving to those guys that there's a real interest in the series.

gloweyjoey: You can stress certain words in any comment and make it sound like something it's not. As I said earlier, the intention was probably true.
They could have advertised the devroom and fan involvement more.
Tell more places to comment on it like Kotaku and such.
Let more fans know about the existence of the thing so they could join up.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
[EDIT]

Last year.

If it comes out good,why should I care who makes it?

All new series one for the 3ds? A Megaman title needs to hit the 3ds.

QUOTE(DigitalDeviant @ Jul 21 2011, 03:33 PM) I wonder if other franchises devised a devroom, would more people bother to contribute? I think most people just want the end product, their already going to pay for the game.
This.

They shouldn't relied on a devroom to sale this game. They didn't even unleash a prototype.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Zarcon said:
[EDIT]

Last year.

QUOTE(DigitalDeviant @ Jul 21 2011, 03:33 PM) I wonder if other franchises devised a devroom, would more people bother to contribute? I think most people just want the end product, their already going to pay for the game.
This.

They shouldn't relied on a devroom to sale this game. They didn't even unleash a prototype.

Ha! This leads to believe they didn't give a damn about actually releasing this from the get go, lol...they've got some real cajones for faking it this long, major PR fail, IMO.

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DigitalDeviant said:
KingVamp said:
Zarcon said:
[EDIT]

Last year.

This.

Ha! This leads to believe they didn't give a damn about actually releasing this from the get got, lol...
Because they didn't.
They never wanted to make this game.
The only reason why it even got this far was because of Inafune, the only one who cared at Capcom.

I'm seriously surprised they didn't just cancel the game the moment he left.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
DigitalDeviant said:
KingVamp said:
Zarcon said:
[EDIT]

Last year.

This.

Ha! This leads to believe they didn't give a damn about actually releasing this from the get got, lol...
Because they didn't.
They never wanted to make this game.
The only reason why it even got this far was because of Inafune, the only one who cared at Capcom.

I'm seriously surprised they didn't just cancel the game the moment he left.

man capcom better watch their backs now about cancelling any future games.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
DigitalDeviant said:
man capcom better watch their backs now about cancelling any future games.
Why, what are you going to do?
Make a poorly written e-mail?

You do know that they have to make, fund and publish the games they make, right?
Edit: Also as Zarcon pointed out and from an obvious point of view, devs don't like making games they don't want to make.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.