Homebrew Can't get 240p from Mame Wii, nor classic controller to work in Retro Arch

Amenhotep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to play arcades game on an crt in 240p but,

1. I can't get 240p output from Mame Wii 1.0, it's always 480i. I tried changing the resolution in mame.ini and it didn't change anything.

2. I can get 240p from Retro Arch, but classic controllers don't work in-game (of less importance, some of the graphics like text in TMNT and Caveman Ninja are garbled in the MAME 2000 core, though I don't necessarily expect a workaround for that) edit: Classic controller works in the menu, but not in-game. I can only get gamecube controllers to work in-game

Last edited by Amenhotep,
Reactions: bubolechka

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Are you using an "official" version of Retro Arch? I remember that controller issue from years ago, you had to change in the settings which controller you wanted to use but even then it would be annoying to deal with because of other bugs, but I have not used an official version in years.

I would recommend checking SuperrSonic's RetroArch fork, it's miles away better at everything, but specifically, you can use CC/GC freely without needing to change anything or unplugging controllers, among many other things.

I have no advice for Mame, I haven't used it in a looong time.

Reactions: Amenhotep

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV