Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a huge problem when I want to burn Wii games into DVDs I always get problems. So I start burning the game with IMGburn at 4x speed everything goes fine then once it starts verifying thats when it goes wrong it goes all the way up to 98% and then gives me some kind of error and tells me to press Try again, I press Try again and again same error. I then have to cancel the burn and I just waste a disk, after that I go and try another DVD and try to burn again and everything burns perfectly. So to burn 1 game I have to waste 2 DVDs... This already happened to me 5 times.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you don't have the correct burner, it wouldn't matter how many times you try to burn a disc. It would just keep making coasters.

From what I remember, it was certain LG burners. I could never find the burners I needed, so I went with the next best thing, hardmods with iso emulation like the wiikey fusion, flatmii, wode, etc.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You are both wrong. All burners can burn Wii games.

2 things:

1) If you need to play pirated/hacked Wii games, use a USB loader.
2) If the above is not an option, make sure you burn at 2x and TURN VERIFY OFF.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what good will that do if I turn of VERIFY? It probably still won't make the DVDs work. When I put them into the Wii it goes to the tittle of screen of the game then it just freezes after I press A. Then I have to burn again and the second time it always works...

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P is most likely right on the second reasoning. When I was new to burning wii games, none of my games ever worked when I would used IMGburn. I later found out verification messed up the process of the game running in many instances. I now never verify the burned wii game and I've burned around 15 wii games without having and problems with them since then. Also, I'm assuming you're using DVD-R or converting DVD+R into DVD-ROM?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one question. I just bought a bunch of Gigaware DVD+R. And now I want to burn a game on to it with IMGburn. Does the booktype have to be on DVD-ROM? Because currently my booktype is on DVD+R on imgburn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(