Can't burn DVDs with IMGburn.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Jakob95, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Jakob95
    OP

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    I have a huge problem when I want to burn Wii games into DVDs I always get problems. So I start burning the game with IMGburn at 4x speed everything goes fine then once it starts verifying thats when it goes wrong it goes all the way up to 98% and then gives me some kind of error and tells me to press Try again, I press Try again and again same error. I then have to cancel the burn and I just waste a disk, after that I go and try another DVD and try to burn again and everything burns perfectly. So to burn 1 game I have to waste 2 DVDs... This already happened to me 5 times.

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    If you don't have the correct burner, it wouldn't matter how many times you try to burn a disc. It would just keep making coasters.

From what I remember, it was certain LG burners. I could never find the burners I needed, so I went with the next best thing, hardmods with iso emulation like the wiikey fusion, flatmii, wode, etc.

3. Jakob95
    OP

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    I am not sure but brand my burner is but I think its SATA. My computer is HP PRo 3000 Micro Tower.

4. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    You are both wrong. All burners can burn Wii games.

2 things:

1) If you need to play pirated/hacked Wii games, use a USB loader.
    2) If the above is not an option, make sure you burn at 2x and TURN VERIFY OFF.

5. Jakob95
    OP

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    Well what good will that do if I turn of VERIFY? It probably still won't make the DVDs work. When I put them into the Wii it goes to the tittle of screen of the game then it just freezes after I press A. Then I have to burn again and the second time it always works...

6. Sly 3 4 me

Sly 3 4 me GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2009
    United States
    Illinois
    Fishaman P is most likely right on the second reasoning. When I was new to burning wii games, none of my games ever worked when I would used IMGburn. I later found out verification messed up the process of the game running in many instances. I now never verify the burned wii game and I've burned around 15 wii games without having and problems with them since then. Also, I'm assuming you're using DVD-R or converting DVD+R into DVD-ROM?

7. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Wii discs aren't in a "normal" DVD format, so when it verifies and "corrects" them to "normal", it's actually fucking them up as far as the wii is concerned.

8. Jakob95
    OP

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    So I shouldn't verify anymore right? But sometimes doesn't it fix it and help it?

9. Jakob95
    OP

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    I have one question. I just bought a bunch of Gigaware DVD+R. And now I want to burn a game on to it with IMGburn. Does the booktype have to be on DVD-ROM? Because currently my booktype is on DVD+R on imgburn