OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
I'm on a black 32GB Wii U with fw5.3.2.

Using this self-hosting package.

I do everything by the book I think...
starting browser exploit, starting HBL, chosing NAND dumper (it's v0.3). Pressing A. White system menu screen with centered logo pops up. Then nothing happens, just reboot to system menu.

Things I tried:
I have tried different SD cards, formatted them correctly to fat32/64k block size.

I have tried starting MOCHA fw first, but strangely, there also, nothing seems to happen. Reboot to system menu, no boot screen, nothing indicates MOCHA.

I have tried installing the HBL by WUP Installer, this won't work also, it gives the error message about signatures needing patch.
Finally I tried the Sig patcher from HBL, then WUP installer. Also does not work.

At this point I supsect a compatibility issue with 5.3.2 or something, but it isn't mentioned anywhere ...

Last edited by crea,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I'm on a black 32GB Wii U with fw5.3.2.

Using this self-hosting package.

I do everything by the book I think...
starting browser exploit, starting HBL, chosing NAND dumper (it's v0.3). Pressing A. White system menu screen with centered logo pops up. Then nothing happens, just reboot to system menu.

Things I tried:
I have tried different SD cards, formatted them correctly to fat32/64k block size.

I have tried starting MOCHA fw first, but strangely, there also, nothing seems to happen. Reboot to system menu, no boot screen, nothing indicates MOCHA.

I have tried installing the HBL by WUP Installer, this won't work also, it gives the error message about signatures needing patch.
Finally I tried the Sig patcher from HBL, then WUP installer. Also does not work.

At this point I supsect a compatibility issue with 5.3.2 or something, but it isn't mentioned anywhere ...

Did you have tried regular (no microSD please !) SD Cards bigger than 32 GB ?
(32 GB is to small for the Backup)

At this point I supsect a compatibility issue with 5.3.2 or something, but it isn't mentioned anywhere ..

If you have modded your Wii U with this Guide,the Firmware Version from your Wii U is ok.
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/introduction

Thank you.:)

Reactions: crea and godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking compatibility issue. I also bought a 5.3.2 wii u before all the exploits and hacks started coming out. it was the latest hackable at the time. I'd suggest updating to at least 5.5.1, which is what I'm on. everything works, but you need nnu patcher to enter the eshop. anyway, at that time, the only stuff I remember working were things like loadiine. nand dumper and mocha didn't exist.

crea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Hello.:)

Did you have tried regular (no microSD please !) SD Cards bigger than 32 GB ?
(32 GB is to small for the Backup)

Hi! I tried with a 128GB normal SD.

If you have modded your Wii U with this Guide,the Firmware Version from your Wii U is ok.
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/introduction
This guide has conflicting information. At the start it says it will work with firmwares 5.5.3 and lower. But later there is this:
Before starting, make sure to update your Wii U console to the latest firmware (5.5.4 for European consoles, 5.5.3 for all other regions) if you haven’t already.
Do you know which step absolutely needs 5.5.3? Is it needed for the NAND dump and for starting MOCHA?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

This guide has conflicting information. At the start it says it will work with firmwares 5.5.3 and lower. But later there is this:
Before starting, make sure to update your Wii U console to the latest firmware (5.5.4 for European consoles, 5.5.3 for all other regions) if you haven’t already.
Do you know which step absolutely needs 5.5.3? Is it needed for the NAND dump and for starting MOCHA?

Yes,you are absolute Correct.That is confusing...:blink:

I am very sorry...:(
Unfortunately,I can not really say about "very" lower Versions like your Wii U,I did my Modding with Version 5.5.4 (EU).

crea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Wait, you're on 5.5.3? You said 5.3.2
Yes I am at 5.3.2. I would like to do a NAND dump first.
I also have emulation set up in the old loadiine format, so I would prefer to stay at 5.3.2 to continue using that.

Last edited by crea,

crea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Yes,you are absolute Correct.That is confusing...:blink:

I am very sorry...:(
Unfortunately,I can not really say about "very" lower Versions like your Wii U,I did my Modding with Version 5.5.4 (EU).

Thanks. Do you know if Loadiine still works with 5.5.4? If I knew it will work, I could update as well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait, you're on 5.5.3? You said 5.3.2
Ok probably it will only work with newer firmware. Weird there is no mention of compatibility...I am a little late to the party :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loadiine should work on 5.5.4. I know it does on 5.5.1 anyway.

some people use it for the vc, particularly nds games, even though it's no longer needed, since you have only 292 titles you can install before it won't let you install anymore.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking things had to be updated when 5.5.x became exploitable. there's really no reason to stay on 5.3.2. I bought a second wii u on that firmware when it was the highest exploitable. it was $150 for just the system without gamepad. I still own it, but I updated it to 5.5.1. it's sitting in a box. I was thinking about buying a wii u box just for it, because right now it's just at the bottom of a cardboard box. lol back then, you only had loadiine and a few other homebrews like saviine I think.

crea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
I hope anyone reads this, I have a new problem after updating to firmware 5.5.3.

My emulators have no "/meta" folder. But Loadiine GX2, which can be started from HBL (can't start the old loadiine4.0 from HBL, at least I did not find such a thing yet) expects a meta folder, else the emulators are not even displayed.

How can I create such meta data needed for Loadiine GX2 ?

crea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
do you mean the meta.xml or the meta folder with code/content?
So the only emu showing up has a folder /meta, with a file meta.xml inside, also some other files and bootTvTex.tga and iconTex.tga which I guess are displayed in loadiine GX2.
The meta.xml is even from another game... probably does not mean much.

I will try to build my own /meta folders, but was secretly hoping for an easier way.. :D

Last edited by crea,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those files are in the meta folder, yes. did you install loadiine? I have it installed myself, but I don't have the meta folder on my computer.

from what I remember, no meta folder will cause the game icon to be a question mark and game name to be three question marks. game won't load either. or app in this case.

crea

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
from what I remember, no meta folder will cause the game icon to be a question mark and game name to be three question marks. game won't load either. or app in this case.

I just tried it, you need a meta folder and meta.xml file in it for the game to show up in Loadiine GX2. The meta.xml apparently can have any content.

Redoing icons is some work, so I used a generic one for "emulator". you can do them in mspaint 128x128 pixels, save as .png then rename to tgx. Yes I am lazy :P

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, the meta.xml displays game name, that meta.xml anyway (the one with code/content folders). there's a separate meta.xml I thought you might be referring to, and that's from the homebrew launcher. you don't need one then. the system will just display the location path from what I remember. I can't help with specific game meta folders. I've seen some games like that though. I figured the game would appear but not boot. that's how it is on the home menu anyway. the game is indexed, but the content of it is in limbo. you can freely change game name and icon (that's how haxchi does it) by just replacing the files. that info is not indexed. I think only the rpx is.

btw, the rpx doesn't seem to have a common name, only common extension. it's the main executable I believe of a wii u game like the eboot is for playstation or the default is for xbox. anyway, the files in meta folder are common files, so they're all named the same (probably since they're not indexed).

the ps3 indexes the param.sfo, not the eboot, which is probably why it's named the same, and the 360 doesn't do any indexing (the reason it takes so long to look at your hdd if using a jtag or something). it reads the entire hdd, which is a waste. sony and nintendo had it right, microsoft wrong with that generation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.