E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Howdy (again),

Since yesterday I noticed something when playing my RGH console.
I could boot some games, and then the achievements and the last played game wouldn't update, and my console would display this kind of error messages:
WIN_20211001_08_41_39_Pro.jpg

(it says: "Braid couldn't read your player profile")

All games say something among the lines of: couldn't read profile data, couldn't write options and saved games to profile, etc.
I've tried using the profile from an external USB, and the internal HDD. I've not ran into any other issues regarding the HDD, like damaged files or something like that. The console is unable to connect to Xbox Live because it's banned or something like that, so downloading the profile or updating it is impossible.

Any ideas of what could I do to fix my profile?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, achievements are contained in these gpd files (probably stands for game profile data or something). they're a part of the profile file. you could try looking in the profile with maybe le fluffie app. let me check where it's located as it's been years. it's located in content/E0000xxxxxxxxxxx/FFFE07D1/00010000:

1633096880734.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the liveblock option may be blocking the connection. change it to false in your launch.ini. be warned though, I don't know if this is still true of microsoft still cares, but you'll be banned almost instantly if you don't use some stealth thing.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think the liveblock option may be blocking the connection. change it to false in your launch.ini. be warned though, I don't know if this is still true of microsoft still cares, but you'll be banned almost instantly if you don't use some stealth thing.
Tried it. I'm actually using my console with that option disabled.
I'm 99% sure the KV of my console is banned, or since it has data of other DVDkey, it wouldn't work. Actually, I've made some research, and it also could be the reason why my RGH console cannot read retail disks, since the DVDkey on the optical drive is different from the one registered on the console.

Is your Xbox 360 connected properly to the Internet (via LAN or Wi-Fi)?

EDIT: And have you tried updating the firmware version of your Xbox 360?
The console registers an error when trying to connect to Xbox Live, but it's connected to WiFi.
And no, the modder that flashed the firmware said that 17511 is the only kernel that didn't popped up a black screen, so it's the only one functioning. Here's more detail into that.
And since the last time I tried to flash the firmware the console bricked, I'm not confident on doing it myself without some flashing hardware at hand.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd see if lefluffie can read your profile. does it say "can't read profile" with every game? it may be too corrupted to salvage. I've never had this happen myself, so I don't know what could've caused it.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'd see if lefluffie can read your profile. does it say "can't read profile" with every game? it may be too corrupted to salvage. I've never had this happen myself, so I don't know what could've caused it.
Tried it just a moment ago.
Some .gdp files shows as 0 bytes, and Horizon says something about the file tree being corrupted.
Tried deleting them, but the console doesn't update de .gdp neither creates newer ones for new games.

Tbh, I'm just thinking to ditch this profile, and moving all my data to a newer one.

and, Braid is one of the only games I got all achievements in. damn fine puzzle game. :)
It's actually pretty great.
I remember playing the demo over and over when I got it in one of those OXM demo disks in 2009 or something. At that time me and my brother didn't have an Internet adapter for the Xbox (we had a fat Elite model, possibly manufactured in 2008), and those OXM disks were the only way we could get demos and system updates.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those 0 byte gpd files are probably the problem. something has gotten corrupted for some reason. you can unlock your old achievements, so you could move to a new profile, then unlock achievements you've gotten, just don't ever sign in with it on another system. I changed my profile name many years ago, since someone had used godreborn on live, I think. it's godreborn now, so I can't sign in either. it probably has the snes emulator gpd on it as well. you can probably delete them, then rebuild, but I'm not sure.

Reactions: E1ite007

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK.
I just got tired and created a new profile, transfered all my data to it (not the achievements, I dunno why but I think those where the problem) and now it works.
If it happens again, then I will suspect is something with the HDD.

Thanks @godreborn and @SaulFabre for your help! I owe all of you a beer for all the help I've been getting here in GBAtemp lately.
:grog:

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
periodically, keep a backup of your profile file, just in case it happens again. I'm pretty paranoid about losing data after two hdds crashed, one being a 360 hdd. it was an external one though for both that and the ps3. I've had the same internal hdd in a pink shell for like many years. I even wrote a blog about it. haha

Reactions: E1ite007

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended