Cannabis more damaging to under-18s, study suggests

Status
Not open for further replies.

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay. I love it. I hate how stoners always say "oh weed has no negative effects at all, maaaan"

Maybe it's just me, but all the stoners in my high school functioned at much lower level than everyone around them. It was really easy to tell who did pot on a regular basis.

Reactions: 1 person

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this just common sense though. I mean the same would apply for just about any other addictive psychoactive substance like booz and caffeine.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other news, white bread increases the risk of getting kidney cancer. 5 slices a day increases the risk by almost 50%. Cereal was also found dangerous, while eating meat products was shown to decrease the risk of kidney cancer. Take that, vegetarians!

My kidneys are fine, thanks.

I do find the amount of "POT IS A MIRACLE DRUG" people to be annoying so it's good to have some hard evidence that shows it's actually damaging.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Studies like this are dumb because people who regularly smoke are just going to say that it's still not true.

Personally, I don't smoke and think that it's obvious as hell that if you smoke regularly for a long period of time, there is going to be some damage (Seen it a million times). I don't think it has any immediate effects on the body (I'm talking about physical).

It probably is more damaging to younger people, but come on. Everything is these days. You can't even look at a stereoscopic screen until you're like seven.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a reason it's called dope.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't mean to be blunt, but it's obvious that cannabis (or should I say, can't-abis)has a way of weeding out intelligence. And you know, young people will keep on using it anyway. It's reefer madness, I tell you!

I, for one, don't (mari-)want-a try it for myself; I'll take a potluck dinner over a smoke circle any day of the week.

How many puns do you make each day? XD

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't mean to be blunt, but it's obvious that cannabis (or should I say, can't-abis)has a way of weeding out intelligence. And you know, young people will keep on using it anyway. It's reefer madness, I tell you!

I, for one, don't (mari-)want-a try it for myself; I'll take a potluck dinner over a smoke circle any day of the week.
Can't wait for the day when every single word you write in your posts is a pun haha.

Reactions: 3 people

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How many puns do you make each day? XD

Too many, according to my doctor. It's not good for the joints.

@Eerpow

Who's to say that day hasn't already come?

Reactions: 4 people

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, duh.
Why do you think all the stoners are such idiots about it?

No, stoners (speaking from a pot smoker who quit point of view) don't say there's nothing wrong with it. We say that there's nothing wrong with it enough to warrant us to stop. Nothing fatal or anything. There's a huge difference.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

I love you.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if it ever were legalized it would be for people over 18 anyway, possibly even 21. So i don't really see how this is an issue.

in other news, weed has been found to:
-provide effective pain relief
-Manage ADHD
-Reduce Anxiety
-Increase Empathy
-Help safeguard certain portions of the brain against aging and help improve cognitive function
-Increases in lung air flow rates and increases in lung capacity
-Effectively treat multiple sclerosis, Tourette syndrome, obsessive-compulsive disorder, brachial plexus neuropathies, insomnia, memory disorders, anxiety disorders, cancer, neurodegenerative disease

The list goes on and on and on.

Obviously its not perfect and has some negative effects such as the one proposed here, but realistically, if someone of age is using the plant, its doing far more good than harm. The worst thing that will probably happen is you'll eat all your snacks or waste too much time playing video games when you should be doing work/something more productive.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if it ever were legalized it would be for people over 18 anyway, possibly even 21. So i don't really see how this is an issue.

Its not about legalization, (which the US is far from, might I add). Its about the fact that introducing a stimulant as strong as Marijuana to a body still developing can cause issues with it developing. In other news, the sky is blue and gravity exists.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its not about legalization, (which the US is far from, might I add). Its about the fact that introducing a stimulant as strong as Marijuana to a body still developing can cause issues with it developing. In other news, the sky is blue and gravity exists.

As a country its far from legalization, however 3 state vote to legalize this year. Colorado being the big player with a recent poll showing 61% of voters in favor of the legalization: http://www.huffingto..._n_1587405.html

This fact coupled with the fact that Obama ordered feds to stop tracking down individual users would means that it is now a state by state issue and we would likely see Colorado (if the amendment were to pass) Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol. Which lets face it, if either of those two "drugs" (i use that term loosely as alcohol is a drug and cannabis is a plant) should be legal, its absolutely marijuana. How many DUIs do you think occur because of weed vs. alcohol? How about kidney and liver failure? The hypocrisy of what is legal and what isn't is a bit ridiculous.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Useless fact: Weed has not killed a single person, while the government in the US has killed over 300 people for growing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol