Hacking Bricking usually happens when booting GW Mode, right?

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I have researched, most people wind up bricking while trying to actually load up Gateway Mode.

I am not turning my 3DS fully off until there is a new firmware update from Gateway. Are there many people who bricked from simply returning from Sleep mode, or is it mostly caused by booting into Gateway Mode in the first place?

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wasn't that at random times? I recall seeing someone that bricked it by only beeing in sleep mode...

just by using it is a risk...

Tybus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm... I've heard that the brick triggered when you exit gateway mode (Emunand or not)... When you power off your console and then power it on, it will have your nand bricked, so... you will not gain anything if your 3ds is on all the time.. as soon as you power it off (Maybe because you want to update it) the brick may trigger and your 3ds will be bricked as soon as you power it back.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would be nice to have an answer on that subject ... I guess only the people that have seen and understood the code can confirm this

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently my Gateway 3DS has been in sleep mode, well I always keep it in sleep mode but since this whole thing started I haven't rebooted or anything.

It's probably still risky, but it was my understanding that it the check occurs at startup. However, considering that this should have never happened in the first place for GW users, something can still somehow go wrong and possibly cause the brick code to occur.

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
wasn't that at random times? I recall seeing someone that bricked it by only beeing in sleep mode...

just by using it is a risk...

I don't remember such a case amongst the 2.0b2 bricks. It seems to activate when they close the system. When they turn it back on, it's bricked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn