Gaming BOTW - Freezes in some places

Fotonick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wii u + external HDD, never had a problem with any game, botw too played fine for almost 50 hours.
Yesterday I went to the tower at the lower left area of the map and game freezed when I was near the tower. Rebooted, freezed again same point, other tries and it seems it's freezing when accessing an area of the map.
Moving to a nearby tower, same problem.
Played again avoiding those places and not a single freeze.
What can it be? I assume data on the HDD is not corrupt since it installs fine (game + v33 update).

Atm deleted game and update from hdd and reinstalling to internal memory for testing same places.

Anyone else got freezings in determinate areas of the map too?

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
The Wasteland Tower in Gerudo Desert? I climbed that one pretty early in the game, before I even met Impa.

You might have a save issue. Could you go back to a previous autosave and see if this happens again?

Fotonick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The Wasteland Tower in Gerudo Desert? I climbed that one pretty early in the game, before I even met Impa.

You might have a save issue. Could you go back to a previous autosave and see if this happens again?

I don't remember tower's name, is surrounded with mud.
Happened even reloading previous saves, only thing to do was avoiding that area.

Fotonick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, after deleting the game from hdd and installing in internal memory it's working even in places that caused freezes before.
So if others are experiencing freezes this may be the solution.
When I have some time I'll try to move game data on external hdd to see if it freezes again or not.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have little freeze when i press my homebutton, you guys also experience that kind of lag/freeze
That is because the wii u runs the game in extended memory, just like 3ds does for monster hunter and smash. It doesn't run the home menu in the background and had to reload it.

OP are you using a y cable to get the drive more power? If not maybe it's not getting enough power to run the game.

Reactions: Don21

Fotonick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have little freeze when i press my homebutton, you guys also experience that kind of lag/freeze

Yes, and when going back to game there's a little to wait for it to reload.
As bi388 stated it is related to memory used by the game to run so it's normal.
The freezes I refer to in the first post consist of static image on lcd/tv and a costant audio note, only power button on console works in that situation.

Reactions: Don21

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, and when going back to game there's a little to wait for it to reload.
As bi388 stated it is related to memory used by the game to run so it's normal.
The freezes I refer to in the first post consist of static image on lcd/tv and a costant audio note, only power button on console works in that situation.
Did you try seeing if using 2 usb ports fixes the issue? I was getting random crashes when transferring data to my hdd and couldn't figure it out till I got a year cable for it. Now it works perfectly.

Fotonick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try seeing if using 2 usb ports fixes the issue? I was getting random crashes when transferring data to my hdd and couldn't figure it out till I got a year cable for it. Now it works perfectly.

I use a powered 3.5" USB HDD case, so it's working correctly. :)

Reactions: bi388

zuxicovp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also getting this issue, the only place it's happening for me is Zora's Domain. Haven't tried going to wasteland tower yet. Have you found a solution? My game is installed to my NAND.

Edit: I fixed it by uninstalling the v33 update, and then launching the game from the home menu, which causes the update to download from the eshop. After the update, the game worked fine

Last edited by zuxicovp,

Fotonick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Also getting this issue, the only place it's happening for me is Zora's Domain. Haven't tried going to wasteland tower yet. Have you found a solution? My game is installed to my NAND.

Edit: I fixed it by uninstalling the v33 update, and then launching the game from the home menu, which causes the update to download from the eshop. After the update, the game worked fine

As reportes some posts before I solved it reinstalling the game + update in interlan memory.
If also in your case reinstalling the update solved the problem then I think it's a corrupted data issue, would be interesting understand what's the cause then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny