OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok let me tell you the story

I bought a Wii in Oct 2008 brand new from a shop when I read you could softmod and I wanted to see if I could do it. Then my sister kept badgering me into buying her a wii and softmodding it for her. And on new years eve when I had a few too many drinks I gave into her and said yea ok Ill buy you a wii next week. So around 5th January this year I bought her a wii brand new from the same shop and did the business on it and she was well happy.

Ok so when bootmii first come and ppl was saying any wii bought before summer 2008 could have bootmii as boot2 so i tried on my wii and no go said it could only be installed as IOS. So I asked my cousin to swap wiis with me as she had a lauch day wii she agreed and we were both happy.

Now heres the confusing bit

I had my sisters wii tonite to upgrade to 4.1 preloader etc and i bannerbombed it to upgrade hbc and just for a laugh see if I could install bootmii as boot2. I thought no chance as i bought it in January this year and I got mine oct 08 and i couldnt do mine.

But for some miracle I got 3 green lines bootmii can be installed!

2 Wiis bought from same shop nearly 3 months apart and the first one i bought (mine) I couldnt install bootmii as boot2 But my sisters wii I could.

To say I was gobsmacked was an understatement lol

Ginkster

ginkster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no question really mate I was just curious what you guys thought of it. I mean surely it would of been the other way round the first wii I bought would of been more likely to be able to install bootmii as boot2. I just found it a bit strange thats all that I bought 2 wiis from same shop 3 months apart and the 2nd wii I could install bootmii as boot2 but not the first wii. Surely how fast wiis are selling that the shop would of had another delivery by the time i got second wii and therefore had wiis with the newer boot2.

My sisters wii serial begins LEH188. Ill have to ring cousin tonite and find out what serial number she has. I know you guys say you cant go off serial numbers and from what happened last nite I totally agree, but im just curious what serial cousin has on the wii I swapped with her.

Ginkster

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
KennyLeam said:
ginkster said:
But for some miracle I got 3 green lines

What is your girlfriend going to say to THAT?!

LOL

EDIT: BTT, Maybe the Wii was produced before mid 2008 and was sitting on some shelf in Nintendos storage halls or at some wholesale company. Who knows. You´ve got a lucky sis.

ginkster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats what i told her mate I phoned her and said you are a very lucky girl and when she asked why I said your wii is now fully brick proof.

ginkster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well yea there is that but she never goes online or connect to the internet and I always tell ppl never update. And even if she did couldnt I just use the new Hackmii installer 0.5 and reinstall bootmii to boot2?

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
If it survived the update YES but unfortunately with the amount of people on official forums moaning because thier unmodded wii has been bricked due to it then getting bootmii back on could be the least of her problems.

ginkster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yea I just this minute read about that on another site thasts real bad that is that nintendo in a bid to kill homebrew kills wiis with their own update. They should just give up the fight now before they bring out an update that totally kills all wiis and if I were nintendo I think I would be well happy to see how many consoles they have sold compared to microsoft and sony.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious