Hacking BootMii and the new boot1

althena77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope that one day with BootMii it will be possible to have two versions of the System Menu on your Wii that are totally separated.
Wouldn't it be cool to have one that you can always keep on 3.2 and another one that you can keep up to date for using the latest VC or WiiWare titles? I wonder if that is possible, would be awesome to have something like that
rolleyes.gif

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
i wonder if bootmii will have a cool menu i know its just boot 2 replacement, but TT could add a menu be cool to have an "alternative" menu lol something to allow you to boot you VC and wii and GC games without the need for the wiimote to be turned on, or adding an autoboot option
Indeed, I am hope something like this happens as well.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can i tell if i got the new boot1. i got my wii a year after it came out.so right now i think i have the old one especially because i got no error when i sent my wii infomation using bootmii checker.

now for my friend he may have the new boot1 because he got his wii when super smash bros brawl came out.

EDIT
made a mistake i got my wii about 5 months after it came out so i know i have the originl boot1 and not the new boot1.

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
i wonder if bootmii will have a cool menu i know its just boot 2 replacement, but TT could add a menu be cool to have an "alternative" menu lol something to allow you to boot you VC and wii and GC games without the need for the wiimote to be turned on, or adding an autoboot option

Try WiiMU.

Scolor

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is great!
I really can't wait to use BootMii with Preloader...so I'll be able to test my own code without fear of bricking.
smile.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
gundalf said:
linkinworm said:

Try WiiMU.
needs you to boot HBC 1st im on about just having a sysmenu replacement all together built straight in

althena77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fst312 said:
how can i tell if i got the new boot1. i got my wii a year after it came out.so right now i think i have the old one especially because i got no error when i sent my wii infomation using bootmii checker.

now for my friend he may have the new boot1 because he got his wii when super smash bros brawl came out.

From HackMii.com:

QUOTECurrent stats: 428 reports of “normal” (compatible) boot1 (2cdd…), 22 reports of “variant 1? (4a7c…) and 40 reports of what I was calling the “Korean boot1? (f01e…). The latter will not be compatible with BootMii, and it looks like it’s not just Korean Wiis (or, as noted in the comments below, they could be region-changed Korean Wiis). Console IDs greater than 0×6000000 appear to be using the new “Korean” boot1, and the rest are using either the normal one or the variant.

You can see your Wiis full hash when you run the BootMii Checker, so if you want to be sure just check there if it begins with 2cdd or not.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
althena77 said:
fst312 said:

From HackMii.com:

QUOTECurrent stats: 428 reports of “normal” (compatible) boot1 (2cdd…), 22 reports of “variant 1? (4a7c…) and 40 reports of what I was calling the “Korean boot1? (f01e…). The latter will not be compatible with BootMii, and it looks like it’s not just Korean Wiis (or, as noted in the comments below, they could be region-changed Korean Wiis). Console IDs greater than 0×6000000 appear to be using the new “Korean” boot1, and the rest are using either the normal one or the variant.

You can see your Wiis full hash when you run the BootMii Checker, so if you want to be sure just check there if it begins with 2cdd or not.

ok i see now i got to see what my console id is.

EDIT
hope i find it is 2cdd

althena77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fst312 said:

EDIT
hope i find it is 2cdd

Actually what they mention on HackMii (2cdd…, 4a7c…, f01e…) is not the console ID but the hash from boot1. You can see the full hash from your consoles boot1 when you run the BootMii Checker which is much longer but you only have to look out for the first four digits and you can see if you have a BootMii compatible Wii or not.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
althena77 said:
fst312 said:

EDIT
hope i find it is 2cdd

Actually what they mention on HackMii (2cdd…, 4a7c…, f01e…) is not the console ID but the hash from boot1. You can see the full hash from your consoles boot1 when you run the BootMii Checker which is much longer but you only have to look out for the first four digits and you can see if you have a BootMii compatible Wii or not.

i have a hard time seeing what the first digits are but i know i have full compatibility because i seen 2cdd.the numbers are hard for me to read for some reason because they are blurry .

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
fst312 said:
althena77 said:
fst312 said:

EDIT
hope i find it is 2cdd

i have a hard time seeing what the first digits are but i know i have full compatibility because i seen 2cdd.the numbers are hard for me to read for some reason because they are blurry .
are you playing on a HUGE screen with shit res or something lol

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm

nope not playing on a big screen i can see everything i just say blurry because the letters are not straight and i have to go close to my tv to see what i'm trying to read.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
fst312 said:
linkinworm

nope not playing on a big screen i can see everything i just say blurry because the letters are not straight and i have to go close to my tv to see what i'm trying to read.
maybe you should get the component cables, soooo much better for wii

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
fst312 said:
linkinworm

maybe you should get the component cables, soooo much better for wii

no i don't think i need it.this how all homebrew looks for me.example preloader till i updated to .28 all the letters were always tiny.ishould have mentioned before i don't actually have 20/20 vision and i'm play on a small tv about 15" i think.i have another tv that is bigger but it gets used for watching tv most of the time.anyway i don't want to go off topic no more so this is the last time i will post anything on this thread that may not have anything to do with bootmii.

EDIT
maybe i will get the component cables.
i'm going to make a different thread about this so i won't really make this thread go off topic.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Will Boot Mii be this big unbricker like they said when we first heard about it in 1980 lol

Marcan i just wish you would release it

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reposting this part of my post on 1st page of thread since I think whatever moderator removed it, didn't read the entire post before deciding I was "derailing" it.

QUOTE said:
Nice to see more bootmii news coming in closes succession to one another. Looks like they may be close to a release. And for them to address the status of bootmii running on these newer boot1 consoles, and the options available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: