Gaming Bob's New Stand

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This behaviour really is childish. Nintendo doesnt owe him the SDK, as others have said. He is a fool for handling it this way

And besides, why would you need the SDK? libnds covers all he would probably need and additional help could be found on the internet, from OTHER people.

Brings me to another point, not much support is gonna show if all he has done is release a short video. A demo would go a long way. The community would gladly help him, but instead he throws a tantrum, and locks himself up, refusing to come out unless Nintendo give him the SDK.

Reality check, Nintendo doesnt care, and Bob isnt going to get the NitroSDK

Earl

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am really having a hard time coping with the rather strict rules GBAtemp have on flaming after this thread.What is UP with all the bob-bashing? This is worse than what i would expect if someone went too a KKK forum and posted a thread about black people. SO many people have just posted completely worthless posts after taking half a glance at the page with completely unreasonable bashing of bob, or his game. Also everyone claiming he "Throws a childish tantrum and locks himself up" have none of you heard of a thing called publicity before? This is quite obviously something called, bear with me now! a "Publicity stunt" to get people to see his page, the more people who see it and the more chance of Nintendo allowing it to be created. He has never claimed that it is the best game, just that it is the biggest project any lone developer has taken on, which it without a doubt is.

iPikachu said:
the page isnt loading.... cant see trailer!

QUOTE said:
I don't really know what else to do!
I'm beginning to think someone at Nintendo is insanely jealous they didn't think of it first and
wants to keep me from releasing "bob's game!" I've got my eye on that "Reggie" guy, he's suspicious for sure!
I heard that guy beats people up and writes down their names or something.. I'm onto you, Reggie!

staying in solitary confinement like a little kid is bad for your health, it may send you to maniac depression (i made that term myself, lol)

I mean look at this... iPikachu, here is something you are going to need a lot in the future of the internet since it seems you have yet to grasp the full concept of it http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm .

Trippy said:
Developer Qualifications: An Authorized Developer will have demonstrated the ability to develop and program excellent software for Nintendo video game systems or for other game platforms. In addition, an Authorized Developer will have a stable business organization with secure office facilities separate from a personal residence ( Home offices do not meet this requirement ), sufficient resources to insure the security of Nintendo confidential information and in order to ensure an effective environment for working with Nintendo and/or its Publishers. Nintendo provides Authorized Developers with highly confidential information and many of Nintendo's Publishers also rely on recommendations and referrals to Authorized Developers. For these reasons, Nintendo exercises a very high level of care in evaluating Authorized Developers.

That Bob, is why you get no SDK, but then again the whole excellent software part kind of ignores all the shovelware.

awe, well that sucks, hope he is aware of this,and gets a office somehow, or Nintendo makes an exception.

QUOTE(Hehe Moo @ Dec 19 2008, 03:30 AM)
EDIT: Is anyone else wondering why he has a piano keyboard next to him?

Seeing as he has made all the..64 was it? different sound tracks in the game, that has probably helped him a lot.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Earl said:
I am really having a hard time coping with the rather strict rules GBAtemp have on flaming after this thread.What is UP with all the bob-bashing? This is worse than what i would expect if someone went too a KKK forum and posted a thread about black people. SO many people have just posted completely worthless posts after taking half a glance at the page with completely unreasonable bashing of bob, or his game. Also everyone claiming he "Throws a childish tantrum and locks himself up" have none of you heard of a thing called publicity before? This is quite obviously something called, bear with me now! a "Publicity stunt" to get people to see his page, the more people who see it and the more chance of Nintendo allowing it to be created. He has never claimed that it is the best game, just that it is the biggest project any lone developer has taken on, which it without a doubt is.
I'll have to agree..But I'm not sure what to say or do about this, people are stating their opinions, and it's hard to deal with it..

I think that this guy is trying to make a point, and so far, he's doing it..The main purpose of that lock-up was that people talk about him, and people all over internet debate about him.....It doesn't matter if it's good or bad, as long as he's publicly exposed..

I still hope that Nintendo will sell him that program he needs, and that he'll manage to finish the game and release it officially!

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
For this reason I like to compare Bob to Pixel, maker of Cave Story.

First of all, Pixel spent about the same amount of time making that game, and it came out a hit, and he composed nearly everything himself (I recall someone mentioning that as he was making the music he was seeing what sounded good and went with it). So anyhow, it was a freeware game, up for grabs for downloads and became a hit within a small amount of time. People translated it, and the fan community even sent presents to him for making the game (an LJ community sent him a laser-etched DS with an R4 and a copy of Mother 3 for his troubles). I'd also note that Pixel barely ever flaunts his work or anything, and he was glad to make it just for the sake of letting people have fun with it. From that work, other people have heard of it and now they're developing the game for Wiiware, for a measly $10 (a PORTION of a retail game), while still keeping the original game free on the web. It took him years from the completion of his project to gain this recognition, and this guy here, Bob, wants it now?

I've lost respect for this guy now; his approach is incredibly irrational and he's in hysterics. If he had his ideals set on making a game, he should have considered the consequences behind the timeframe that he'd be working on it. Five years. He could have done something with his life and worked on it as a side-project, and not devote half his time to it. And now he's whining because his self-proclamation isn't catching so many eyes that he expected it to. It's irksome.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Earl said:

iPikachu said:
the page isnt loading.... cant see trailer!

QUOTE said:
I'm beginning to think someone at Nintendo is insanely jealous they didn't think of it first and
wants to keep me from releasing "bob's game!" I've got my eye on that "Reggie" guy, he's suspicious for sure!
I heard that guy beats people up and writes down their names or something.. I'm onto you, Reggie!

staying in solitary confinement like a little kid is bad for your health, it may send you to maniac depression (i made that term myself, lol)

I mean look at this... iPikachu, here is something you are going to need a lot in the future of the internet since it seems you have yet to grasp the full concept of it http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm .

I KNOW what is "sarcasm". In this situation it does not look like he's being sarcastic to me, more like he's in need of a medical ward. we have our own views so im not gonna flame.

First of all, Pixel spent about the same amount of time making that game, and it came out a hit, and he composed nearly everything himself (I recall someone mentioning that as he was making the music he was seeing what sounded good and went with it). So anyhow, it was a freeware game, up for grabs for downloads and became a hit within a small amount of time. People translated it, and the fan community even sent presents to him for making the game (an LJ community sent him a laser-etched DS with an R4 and a copy of Mother 3 for his troubles). I'd also note that Pixel barely ever flaunts his work or anything, and he was glad to make it just for the sake of letting people have fun with it. From that work, other people have heard of it and now they're developing the game for Wiiware, for a measly $10 (a PORTION of a retail game), while still keeping the original game free on the web. It took him years from the completion of his project to gain this recognition, and this guy here, Bob, wants it now?

I've lost respect for this guy now; his approach is incredibly irrational and he's in hysterics. If he had his ideals set on making a game, he should have considered the consequences behind the timeframe that he'd be working on it. Five years. He could have done something with his life and worked on it as a side-project, and not devote half his time to it. And now he's whining because his self-proclamation isn't catching so many eyes that he expected it to. It's irksome.

you sir/miss, is awesome! I salute you.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seven said:

I've honestly never thought of it this way. Great post. I completely agree with your second paragraph.

maxmouse2008

Trophies
Website
www.neshq.com
XP
Country
United States
I agree with the guy above me, release the game as homebrew then, ya know word of mouth (N anyone), then the game might be seen by a devo/Ninty, and possibly get fleshed out for a sequel or something

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I'm guessing he used libnds or PALib to create his game. I'm also assuming that these are released under the GNU general license. This means that he would have to release the source for the game before ever using it commercial. If he got a publisher to develop this, he would have to release the source code, which the publisher would NOT want (and probably him as well.) He would have to use the official SDK if he wanted to do anything at the end, which is kind of hard because he's not a real publisher. If you did all this work just to release it as free homebrew, I would be a bit pissed too.

sverigesson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seven hit this one right on the head (I was thinking of posting something like that, but decided to pass). Pixel proved over years that he was one of the greatest indy game creators through hard work and a quality product. He achieved what he has because he produced a great game and people recognized that. Now Bob wants the same (if not more) success because "OMG, I've worked so long on this, it has to be the best game ever, just take my word for it." Listen here, Bob. Follow Pixel's example. Release it as homebrew, and if its as good as you claim, then people will take notice. I have great respect for the work he's done (or claims to have done, lets face it, we've seen very little of this "game"), but just because you've worked for years of your life on something doesn't mean anyone else owes you anything. Hey, I've spent 4 years of my life getting a BS in economics, but that doesn't mean that the world owes me a good job (especially with all the financial companies failing). Anyways, I digress. Best luck to Bob, but come on, man. Don't give up, but get out of your room and stop expecting the world to bow at your feet because you made a game. Remember, individuals have spent years creating amazing games (I'm thinking Cave Story and Iji, especially) in the past and expected nothing for it. Follow their footsteps.

Son of Sweden

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Agreed with Seven.

I honestly think Bob is just being selfish. He's working and doing everything not exactly how it should be done, but how he wants and he expects everything to work out for him.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
QUOTE said:
what else to do other than holding himself hostage for his game? release as homebrew.
with their good titles im SURE they want a walking game.

I heard that guy beats people up and writes down their names or something.. I'm onto you, Reggie!yeah and he shoots them then throws them down a river!
no he does not sound sarcastic

goldcore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He looks like one of these guys you can see only in TV shows. Lol you know shirtless geekssitting in front of their computer for 6 days straight.

I mean common it's not bad what your doing but it's still kinda creepy

my advice relase it as a homebrew you'll probably get more audience

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓