Galacta

>:)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
He gave up his protest.
I honestly think that Nintendo is getting worse, the DSi, Wii Music (WTF is that?) and yeh , not caring about customers and only money. WTMF?

Nintendo seriously needs to lighten up.

moodswinger

Trophies
XP
Country
I think what Whizz meant was if he sell his game to a major publisher who I think has the official Nintendo SDK then it would be OFFICIALLY published and released as an commercial game.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
QUOTE said:
"bob's game" 2009
RAIDED BY THE POLICE WHILE FAKING HIS OWN DEATH ON WEBCAM AND DOESN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING!
IM ALIVE!
Thanks to all concerned for the response, sorry to everyone disappointed by my lack of death, BIGGEST UPDATE IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND TOMORROW!
SORRY, REGGIE​
http://www.bobsgame.com/bobsgamecam.jpg?0.12743771076202393
LOL
maybe during that pause he already escaped.

24/7 my foot.

QUOTE said:
ll I needed was for them to allow me to purchase a DVD with the software I need to finish!

I met with Nintendo in February- almost a YEAR ago- to ask to purchase the SDK.
I did teleconferencing. I flew to GDC and had a face-to-face meeting.
I asked the WarioWorld division, and they sent me to marketing.
I talked to marketing, and they said apply with WarioWorld division!
The agreement on the application states I will receive a decision in 6-8 weeks. It has been 20 weeks!
I fulfill all the requirements- I'm a financially stable registered company with a FEIN working from a commercial address.
When Nintendo decides to approve my developer license application I will end my protest.

I worked on this project for five years because I wanted to make a "Nintendo game."
I'm not about to give up just because some stubborn intern or mid-level marketing exec at NOA is deleting my emails!
I wanted an answer, and I wanted to hear it from the top.
Will themen of talent at Nintendo- those with passion and ideas of their own- dismiss mine?

I REALLY WANTED TO FINISH THIS GAME!

I needed your help! Please let Nintendo know if you wanted to play "bob's game!"

I don't need a publisher, that's not the issue. I must become a licensed developer to have a licensed game with licensed tools.
I'm not asking Nintendo to publish my game- they aren't a publisher for third party titles. Many publishers are interested in "bob's game."
All I'm asking from them is that they allow me to purchase a DVD with the software I need to get my game into retail shrinkwrap.

There is no cost to them whatsoever- in fact, they would be profiting from the SDK costs, and from every retail cartridge sold!
I'm a bit frustrated with the process- Why is my development studio (Robert Pelloni LC) with a full, complete, polished, high-quality
title being treated any differently than the hundreds of studios putting out "Fluffy Bunny's Movie Franchise Platformer 16?"

The issue is something else entirely. Someone at Nintendo doesn't like this project, because it blurs the line between homebrew and commercial.
In the past, if you wanted to make games you got a job for EA- and worked on drawing a part of a shoe.
I wanted to make the whole thing, so I did. What's wrong with that?

Nobody has ever single-handedly created a retail length RPG type console game this size. How do I know that? They told me!
It's a special case- an industry first- and it's going to take someone in the company taking extra initiative and making a move.
In other words, they're going to need some convincing. Can I fly there and negotiate? I asked that already. They don't know.

There have been petitions from fans towards Nintendo in the past that have fallen on deaf ears, such as the Mother 3 campaign.
The only tools I have on my side are dedication and determination. I had to do something different. How can I show Nintendo I'm serious?
A nonviolent passive sit-down protest to a Japanese company- live on webcam 24/7, by a high-profile independent developer.

I plan on staying in here 100 days or more, so we'll see where it goes. The lease on my office might have to be extended.
Solitary confinement isn't exactly pleasant. I'm working 16 hour days with no human contact.
If I'm not mad yet, I will be! Of course, that'll only make the sequel better.. ;}

In the meantime, I'm working on the Android, iPhone, and OpenPandora ports for 100 days straight.
These platforms are awesome! Yuu doesn't even need a publisher! What a great idea!
I'm also looking into XBLA and Steam, thanks to everyone who suggested it!

My site gets several thousand viewers a day, including many prominent gaming news outlets, magazines, blogs, and even Nintendo employees.
They're definitely aware of what I'm doing, and they're probably hoping that it'll blow over or that I'll give up. I won't, of course.
The longer this goes on, the more interesting it becomes.
I was wrong, and it won't work.

I guess I won't see you there on day 100, REGGIE!
:{

Icey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did a bit of searching and found his other email for anyone interested:

{SNIP} No personal info please. [Moderator Removed]

You all should email him telling him to not be a selfish bastard and just release it as a homebrew with a paypal donation button on his website. I realize he wanted it "on shelves" but "In players hands" should work just as well..

jos7960

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Icey, I really dont think you should post that other email adress.

That may be his main email address and I don't think he's waiting for a flood of nagging gamers.

Just use the email address thats on his website: [email protected]

Icey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe that's what he needs to make him come to his senses.
I'm not completely heartless.
I didn't post his address.
tongue.gif

BiscuitCookie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
iPikachu said:
QUOTE said:
"bob's game" 2009
RAIDED BY THE POLICE WHILE FAKING HIS OWN DEATH ON WEBCAM AND DOESN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING!
IM ALIVE!
Thanks to all concerned for the response, sorry to everyone disappointed by my lack of death, BIGGEST UPDATE IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND TOMORROW!
SORRY, REGGIE​
He is going to tell his plans on how to dominate Nintendo.
ph34r.gif

or he is going to post nothing
tongue.gif

DokiDoki98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whizz said:
Can't he sell his game to a major publisher? Like what happened to de Blob?

Actually they didnt sell it to EA, EA found it, and they gave it to them

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE(Icey @ Jan 11 2009, 03:03 PM) {SNIP} No personal info please.

Dude, can you PM me his email, I have some game development questions for him

BOB LIIIIIIIIVES http://www.bobsgame.com/

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OH SHIT HES BACK! WOOO HOOOOOO! YAH!

END OF CHAPTER ONE, REGGIE!

The mild-mannered programmer of "bob's game," hopelessly tormented into a state of apparent madness from solitary confinement,
has been valiantly pulled from the tragic wreckage of his former office by the local authorities- but they were too late.

The mental torment Bob has suffered has begun his metamorphosis into the end boss villian of "bob's game,"
the egomaniacal creator of the "bob's game" inside "bob's game" known as "Bob."

Once again barricading himself inside of what appears to the untrained eye to be the same office but is assuredly a secret dungeon lair,
he will begin carrying out his ridiculous, meticulous, deluded, convoluted, senseless mess of vengeance... Or has he already begun?

The Rules:

I am secluded, barricaded, and locked into the crimson room of my TOP SECRET CLASSIFIED UNDERGROUND FORTRESS.
The LED board will be incremented once a day, beginning at 31 for some mysterious and likely villainous reason.
Sometimes it will display hints and secret messages.

On day 100 the "bob's game" tournament will begin.
Yuu cannot find me. Yuu cannot stop me. Yuu cannot defeat me.

This is my 100 day challenge to Yuu, Nintendo.

I, the magnificent, omnicient Bob- legendary developer of the greatest game ever made-
hereby challenge Yuu in the First Interdimensional "bob's game" Championship!

I have had ENOUGH.
YUU JUST WON'T LISTEN!
I'm not playing around here. This isn't some kind of game.
I've spent FIVE YEARS trying to play by the rules.
I've tried going by the book, reading the manual, following the instructions - but Yuu just won't play fair, Nintendo.

This time, Yuu will play by MY rules.

It's time for a surprisingly surprising turn of events- a twisted plot twist!
By playing "bob's game," Yuu will destroy the evil, corrupted GANTENDO organization!
(EVERY TIME Yuu plays "bob's game," Bob kills a Pikachu!)

But I like Nintendo! This is terrible!
YUU MUST NOT PLAY "bob's game!"
YUU MUST DEFEAT ME!

YUU MUST BE STOPPED!
YUU CANNOT WIN!

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!
THIS SENSELESS REVENGE MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!

I ASSURE YUU- I AM VERY SERIOUS!

2009-01-11
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"bob's game" 2009

Yes, I woke up to several very angry police officers in my room.
The good news is that upon evaluation, I'm officially CERTIFIED SANE!
(So they THINK, anyway...)
Heh.. heh.. heheh.. haaaaaa.....
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hey, no more headache!

EDIT: wow, he actually responded to me when I sent him an email, hes actually pretty nice!

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
haiz, u forgotten one tiny detail from his post
biggrin.gif

continue from the top ... the rest of the messages
biggrin.gif

YUU MUST BE STOPPED!
YUU CANNOT WIN!

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!
THIS SENSELESS REVENGE MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!

I ASSURE YUU- I AM VERY SERIOUS!

I'll see Yuu there on day 100, REGGIE!
;}

(Oh yeah, I'm still waiting for that developer application decision so I can get that SDK. Just letting yuu know. No pressure, man.)

haha, so end of chapter 1, i wonder what chapter 2 will bring us?
biggrin.gif

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Am I the only one tired of this guy?
Bob, pro tip: PayPal button. You'll get much more money that way. And you won't have to make an ass of yourself.

Bob, pro tip 2: Release another gameplay trailer of your game. Seriously, you've done... 3? trailers in 5 years? That's lame, IF there's a game, of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)