nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
c.shop.nintendowifi.net
cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
cbvc.nintendo.net

I am still getting the prompt would you like to update now? Everytime I turn on my wii u,is this normal? I am on 5.3.2 by the way.

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I THINK that you should delete the Update if there's a part of it downloaded, that should make the "would you like to update?" go away.
I actually don't know because my poor Wii U is on 5.5.0 and I never had that problem.

Xplic1T

Trophies
XP
Country
You may have partially downloaded an update and need to purge it. Look for the update remover in the forums.

I'd also go Tubehax on top of blocking the stuff from your wii

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would I go about deleting the update? It literally asks everytime even though it shows as a failed download in my DL manager(wiiu)

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would I go about deleting the update? It literally asks everytime even though it shows as a failed download in my DL manager(wiiu)
From what I've heard, you must hold B while turning your Wii U on to get instant access to vWii. Then exit back to the Wii U menu from here. Now quickly enter the browser as quick as possible. Enter this in the URL bar: http://wj44.bplaced.net/remove_update/

I recommend entering it 3-4 more times after, it may not work the first time. Each time you use it, it'll bring up the same menu each time, this is normal.

But yeah, using Tubehax DNS makes you invincible from updates. In your connection settings, enter this as your DNS:

Primary: 107.211.140.065
Secondary: 0.0.0.0

Last edited by MattKimura,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've heard, you must hold B while turning your Wii U on to get instant access to vWii. Then exit back to the Wii U menu from here. Now quickly enter the browser as quick as possible. Enter this in the URL bar: http://wj44.bplaced.net/remove_update/

I recommend entering it 3-4 more times after, it may not work the first time. Each time you use it, it'll bring up the same menu each time, this is normal.

But yeah, using Tubehax DNS makes you invincible from updates. In your connection settings, enter this as your DNS:

I am using tubehax and blocking ports on router due to paranoia lol.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by cvskid,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using tubehax and blocking ports on router due to paranoia lol.
I use Tubehax DNS alone, my router doesn't support URL filtering.
Tubehax alone makes it impossible to download any updates. Nothing will get passed it. If you're worried, just MAC filter it after booting the exploit. This is unecessary but I do it anyways so it can be disconnected from the internet as I play and be carefree.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ive used http://wj44.bplaced.net/remove_update/ a few times and I am still getting the update nag allthough failed update(I am on 5.3.2) . Do I need to run the kernel exploit to remove this update nag?

SolidMario7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Due to my own experiences and what I've seen on gbatemp I have reason to believe that those addresses use HTTP compression technology which can't be block by most if not all router URL filters. I have no prove of this, but my router filter successfully blocks other URLs and that would explain some of the unintentional updates (mine included). So yeah...stick with Tubehax DNS.

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Due to my own experiences and what I've seen on gbatemp I have reason to believe that those addresses use HTTP compression technology which can't be block by most if not all router URL filters. I have no prove of this, but my router filter successfully blocks other URLs and that would explain some of the unintentional updates (mine included). So yeah...stick with Tubehax DNS.

I just need to remove the update nag.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spoofing to 5.5.0 would get rid of it. Otherwise, the Wii U knows you're under and will prob nag you every time. If you've got the blocks set up properly then it shouldn't download. You can always do the hold B trick to boot to vWii and go around it that way.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just use a fake DNS and have my exploit ready in local network, so cant access internet but can still access local exploit.
What if the wiiu tries to update directly through an ip address, fake dns wouldn't help there right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.