Blizzard, Hackers and unfair treatment

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, someone has hacked into my WoW account, this has pissed me off to the point where i wanna kill all hackers, But not only has someone hacked my account, removed all my Gold and Items and then Sold them, they had my account BANNED! now i have contacted blizzard and am waiting for a reply, i understand blizzards position on this, as whoever did it sold my gold for real life money, but isnt it unfair that someone did this without my knowledge but im the one being punished?

- VV

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wabsta said:
How did you get "hacked"?
He used a cool looking "free hacker tool" but it didn't work.
rolleyes.gif

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
playallday said:
wabsta said:
How did you get "hacked"?
He used a cool looking "free hacker tool" but it didn't work.
rolleyes.gif
Exactly my thoughts
wink.gif

You don't just get hacked. You used, like playallday said, some "hack" or bot program.
Or did something with powerlevelers/goldsellers.
Or you gave one of your friends your password.
Or you were victim of phishing.

And that's just stupid, don't do it anymore.

But, to get back to your question, you could try to contact blizz by phone..

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so the only way people get hacked on MMO's, or anything online really; is by doing hack related stuff, or giving your PW to friends? Yeah, okay. You couldn't be anymore wrong here.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
Oh, so the only way people get hacked on MMO's, or anything online really; is by doing hack related stuff, or giving your PW to friends? Yeah, okay. You couldn't be anymore wrong here.
1) This is Blizzard. When a security hole is found, it would be patched momentarily. A hacker attack would not hack an individual account, but rather a large mass.
2) Prove us wrong.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
geminisama said:
1) This is Blizzard. When a security hole is found, it would be patched momentarily. A hacker attack would not hack an individual account, but rather a large mass.
2) Prove us wrong.

Oh, what was I thinking, the games made by Blizzard, how could ANYTHING go wrong when they make it. Oh wait, you don't need to exploit the GAME to get the login info for someones account. Personal attacks aren't uncommon with MMO's, all it takes is someone not liking you, or someone that wants your stuff and has a little time/knowledge.

Blue Zoidberg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Having played MMOs since the Ultima Online days I can safely say that 85+% of "my account got hacked" is due to the user's error. I still remember the wonderful Diablo 2 maphack and pindle-bots and how those 'honest users' got 'hacked for no reason.'
Most of hacking in general is social manipulation whether it be a bot bug, phishing, or forgetting to log out. I'm sure the occasional pissed off 13 year old somehow breaks another person's password (which probably wasn't all that clever to begin with) but why bother when most players shoot themselves in the foot.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
Linkiboy said:
geminisama said:
2) Prove us wrong.

Oh, what was I thinking, the games made by Blizzard, how could ANYTHING go wrong when they make it. Oh wait, you don't need to exploit the GAME to get the login info for someones account. Personal attacks aren't uncommon with MMO's, all it takes is someone not liking you, or someone that wants your stuff and has a little time/knowledge.
If its anything other than a genuine game exploit, then its the users fault.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
This is one reason why I never play shit like WoW...nothing but assholes hang out on Warcraft.

They all fuck with you when you're a newbie...they see you have some rare item or something, and, being new...YOU don't know it's rare or what it's worth, but THEY do, and then they fuck you out of it and give you shit for it...or they tell you to join their clan and act like your friend, and then kill you and take it...screw that.

No, something like Warcraft never interested me.

I have no problem getting killed, in an RPG...by a random putrid monster that is just computer-generated...but, when there's an actual human being behind me getting killed or taken advantage of in an RPG, I want to rip their effing throat out!! And then their eyes. Nope, won't ever catch ME playing any online RPG unless that game offers me the option to opt out of any and all player-versus-player combat.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't even play Warcraft. I tried it once and it bored the hell out of me. I couldn't understand why all my friends were playing it.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well blizzard re-activated my account BUT whoever hacked it DELETED MY LEVEL 80's. ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! HACKERS MUST DIE, (cept Tempers)

- VV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night