Homebrew BlargSnes UNOFFICIAL cia

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The Devious Four Chronicles 3: The Crater (SMW romhack that didn't worked before) NOW WORKS!!!
SMW The Seven Statues still gives me SPC CONFIG errors.
Donkey Kong Country 2 Now boots everytime :D
Good progress so far :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Killer Instinct now works for me :O I already have opened it 25 times closing and reopening blargsnes and still works :O

Last edited by AtlasFontaine,

zetaPRIME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh. SPC core still crashes on load on my romhack... though I guess I should be switching it to AddmusicK (from M) anyway ^^;

also, attempting to load SMWC VLDC 2015 freezes it for a few seconds, then errors out to the home menu and forces a restart. welp.

edit: no wonder, turns out VLDC 2015 uses the SA-1!

Last edited by zetaPRIME,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't tested DKC2 yet, but on the .3dsx version, I needed to change something on the BlargSNES settings in order to play that level. Otherwise, it was unplayable indeed.
Do you remember which level it was? Since my savegame on BlargSNES is pretty much done and the .cia version is loading my old saves too, I can run directly into this level to see what happens now.

*EDIT*

I think it was Glimmer's Galleon on the third world, the stage where everything's dark and you have a fish enlightening the way... well, this one is working fine now on the cia version :)

As I said, DKC3 becomes a lot better on waterfall stages, the slowdown is reduced now on the cia version.
Other than that, it's the same for me as before...

Didn't tested other games yet.
Yup, it was Glimmer's Galleon. On the old version it was unbeatable, because it was just pure darkness. I replayed up to there, and finished the level without any issues!

Nice to see the o3DS finally getting a decent SNES emulator. I tried other SNES emulators, and the frames were just unplayable.

Last edited by Viri,
Reactions: KaleoOmega

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Fyi, you need to use dsp firmware dumper if you want sound with this.

Unless you made a completely new build from the current veryhard branch today, the old version still uses CSND. That branch now is updated with a bunch of stuff, including replacing CSND with NDSP, which will require the dsp binary when running the cia (or *hax under 2.5). The latest update supports sleeping and also suspending, but DO NOT put your system to sleep while in suspension mode, because there is a problem with it, causing it to not reactivate and requires a forced shut-down of the system.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
So, there's a new official build (i guess i'd have to compile it myself to cia) and it needs a dump of my own 3ds' DSP?

zetaPRIME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm. I compiled it and the sound's a bit buffer-underrun-y (and the border image is offset by ~8px for whatever reason); guessing both known bugs?

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you made a completely new build from the current veryhard branch today, the old version still uses CSND. That branch now is updated with a bunch of stuff, including replacing CSND with NDSP, which will require the dsp binary when running the cia (or *hax under 2.5). The latest update supports sleeping and also suspending, but DO NOT put your system to sleep while in suspension mode, because there is a problem with it, causing it to not reactivate and requires a forced shut-down of the system.
My bad. Was thinking it did since it was cia

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
So, there's a new official build (i guess i'd have to compile it myself to cia) and it needs a dump of my own 3ds' DSP?

Still, not really official, as it's not part of the master branch. If you are running *hax 2.5, then you won't need the DSP binary. If you're running via CIA or an older version of *hax, then you will need it.

hmm. I compiled it and the sound's a bit buffer-underrun-y (and the border image is offset by ~8px for whatever reason); guessing both known bugs?

Ugh, my fault regarding the border offset. I replaced all the file system calls from FS_**** stuff to those used by <stdio>, like fopen. Whether I should have done that, I dunno, but in any case, I didn't take into account the location of the bitmap data within the border file, so it caused the offset you see. It will be fixed when I get the chance.

As for audio, I've been running the Chrono Trigger Music Library for at least a good 15 minutes, and have not heard it go off as you described. Hooked up to headphones to intently listen for any such problems, but did not, and CT's music is one of the more complicated. Are you running on o3DS or n3DS, and as 3dsx, cia, etc, and what games were you noticing audio problems? Some games still don't play audio or play it very well due to lack of sync between the CPU and DSP mixer.

zetaPRIME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for audio, I've been running the Chrono Trigger Music Library for at least a good 15 minutes, and have not heard it go off as you described. Hooked up to headphones to intently listen for any such problems, but did not, and CT's music is one of the more complicated. Are you running on o3DS or n3DS, and as 3dsx, cia, etc, and what games were you noticing audio problems? Some games still don't play audio or play it very well due to lack of sync between the CPU and DSP mixer.

o3DS XL, CIA on emuNAND 10.3, and a Super Mario World romhack (Yoshi's Strange Quest 1.3.1b4, available on smwcentral.net; probably uses AddmusicK)

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
o3DS XL, CIA on emuNAND 10.3, and a Super Mario World romhack (Yoshi's Strange Quest 1.3.1b4, available on smwcentral.net; probably uses AddmusicK)
Ah, romhacks. Honestly, they are not expected to work well with blargSnes. I tried the patch, but it completely screws up blargSnes's interface. Must be doing something wrong since the patch I made wasn't even working with Snes9x.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say the same. "Official" game roms are best. But I wouldn't expect much, if any, support for hacked or modified roms. Not saying you wouldn't @DiscostewSM, it's just that it could be the hacked roms fault for choppy audio which could make for a wild goose chase of reporting a bug.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of romhacks are designed to use imperfection in emulation on a given emulator, especially SNES romhacks. They're generally emulator specific. I wouldn't expect it to work on any other emulator, including BlargSnes, unless the romhack was designed to work on real hardware.

Last edited by TecXero,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries