Homebrew BlargSnes UNOFFICIAL cia

zetaPRIME

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, romhacks. Honestly, they are not expected to work well with blargSnes. I tried the patch, but it completely screws up blargSnes's interface. Must be doing something wrong since the patch I made wasn't even working with Snes9x.
well, AddmusicK has been tested on a real SNES and works just about perfectly (unless you do something silly like cause an echo buffer overrun) so I don't know @.@ it's just a zero-sample here and there, so eh; the sort of thing that turning up the latency/buffer length on retroarch has fixed for everywhere else I've had this issue, so maybe an option for that would help?

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nobody has said this yet but donkey king country 2 has a glitch with the bananas counter. Everytime you get past 100 it will go back to 7X and not 0.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nobody has said this yet but donkey king country 2 has a glitch with the bananas counter. Everytime you get past 100 it will go back to 7X and not 0.
Well, hopefully that fixed in the official build. But this, again, is just a quick fix and has no support for any "bug reporting".

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice. Finally a build that runs on EmuNAND 10.3 (rather than getting stuck on black screen) without having to boot through FBI. Too bad you didn't add the awesome 3D banner...

Hm, the upper screen freaks out if you press the home button and resume.

Last edited by psvpwner,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. Finally a build that runs on EmuNAND 10.3 (rather than getting stuck on black screen) without having to boot through FBI. Too bad you didn't add the awesome 3D banner...

Hm, the upper screen freaks out if you press the home button and resume.
I did not make this and I claim no right to it. I should probably include that in the op.

Also this is a quick fix. There is NO support for this UNOFFICIAL release.

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, this release seems to fix some of the issues I was having with some of the aeongenesis translated games.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together seems to be running with fewer graphical artifacts on the dialog portraits and backgrounds edit: Getting crashes in combat, damn.
Live-a-Live Seems to no longer crash when starting a game.

Edit:
Oh also Speedy Gonzales in Los Gatos Bandidos seems to run without crashing as well now! Ah, this was fixed in 1.3

Last edited by jaksy,

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

Seems once you hit 100 bananas, instead of reducing to 0, it instead reduced to 66. I think it might have something to do with BCD calculations (Binary Counted Decimal that represent hex values as if decimal, 8-bit ranging from 00h to 99h, whereas 8-bit binary number ranges from 0 to 255 expressed as 00h to FFh). While I haven't figured out the problem with DKC2, I believe I may have fixed Secret of Mana regarding shop buying/selling.

edit:

DKC2's banana problem fixed, at least it seems to be. It at least reset to 0 when you hit 100 bananas.

Regarding the fix for SoM shop pricing, you may notice that if you sell all your stuff, the last item you sell won't update your funds on-screen, and you won't get the usual jingle that happens when you do sell. Don't worry. Internally, the game has the correct amount. It's just not updating. If you exit the shop menu and re-enter, it'll reflect the correct amount, or if you buy something immediately after while still in the shop menu, your remaining funds will correctly be displayed after the purchase.

At first I thought this was a problem with blargSNES emulator, at least I think it is, but I just tested the exact same thing on Snes9x, and sure enough, it happens there too. So unless it happens differently on real hardware, I'm just gonna assume it was an oversight by the developers.

Last edited by DiscostewSM,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems once you hit 100 bananas, instead of reducing to 0, it instead reduced to 66. I think it might have something to do with BCD calculations (Binary Counted Decimal that represent hex values as if decimal, 8-bit ranging from 00h to 99h, whereas 8-bit binary number ranges from 0 to 255 expressed as 00h to FFh). While I haven't figured out the problem with DKC2, I believe I may have fixed Secret of Mana regarding shop buying/selling.

edit:

DKC2's banana problem fixed, at least it seems to be. It at least reset to 0 when you hit 100 bananas.

Regarding the fix for SoM shop pricing, you may notice that if you sell all your stuff, the last item you sell won't update your funds on-screen, and you won't get the usual jingle that happens when you do sell. Don't worry. Internally, the game has the correct amount. It's just not updating. If you exit the shop menu and re-enter, it'll reflect the correct amount, or if you buy something immediately after while still in the shop menu, your remaining funds will correctly be displayed after the purchase.

At first I thought this was a problem with blargSNES emulator, at least I think it is, but I just tested the exact same thing on Snes9x, and sure enough, it happens there too. So unless it happens differently on real hardware, I'm just gonna assume it was an oversight by the developers.
are you working in the official build or in a different one?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanna make a quick report, I think 10.5 broke this cia build (could be the official one too I don't know) since it just black screens for me on gateway and rxtools(2 different 3ds's).

I no this build isn't supported but I didn't wanna make a whole new thread, also could be maybe it's not broken and it's just mine.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanna make a quick report, I think 10.5 broke this cia build (could be the official one too I don't know) since it just black screens for me on gateway and rxtools(2 different 3ds's).

I no this build isn't supported but I didn't wanna make a whole new thread, also could be maybe it's not broken and it's just mine.
I honestly have no idea. Have not had any problems with it myself.

Try re downloading it and reinstalling it.

I would really like to know myself if 10.5 actually does break this.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It still works fine for me. Maybe your install got corrupted somehow. I'd try reinstalling it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz