Hacking Black Wii Modding (wii-mote issue)

LiquidEFD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Yesterday I bought a black wii with systm software 4.1E on it. I bought New Super Mario Bros with it and it all worked fine.
Today i decided to softmod it with a 4.1E softmod tool/guide i downloaded.

Now everything is going fine and i am following the steps, but once i get to the step where I have to restart and then start the WADmanager 1.5 and then choose IOS35 (instead of the default IOS36), as soon as i choose it my wii-mote stops working and i have to manually power-off the wii.
I tried a different wii-mote but i keep getting the problem. Any ideas how I can fix this issue and continue my softmod? I am afraid that i am stuck with a semi-modded wii now since i did install some programs (i got halfway through the softmodding)

So afterwards i decided to search for help and continue later, and i tried to play New Super Mario BRos again, but now it asks me to update before I can play. Is it safe to update or should I wait before I have solved this softmod issue?

Thanks in advance, i tried searching the forum but couldnt find anything regarding this error.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
your situation is this...you are suppose to select ios36 but mistakenly selected ios35? your ios35 most probably have no trucha. you could always re-run wad manager the choose a trucha patched ios. if your ios36 is patched then use it. what guide are you using anyways? why not use the guides at the stickies then restart from the top if this troubles you that much.

LiquidEFD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a package from Usenet and the guide is in dutch, i dont know if im allowed to post it here but it doesnt have a scene name or anything.

Can i just start with the guide you guys are talking about without it messing up because i already installed some things from the previous softmod attempt? And i have to mail somebody for the links in the sticky?

Thanks for the help so far!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
smf said:
dustin6908 said:
semi brick i did that with my first lu64+ wii dont downgrade ios35 use a new guid where u use 15

cboot2 is the easiest, fastest & safest.

cBoot is the safest, but Trucha Bug Restorer is easier and faster. (and most likely a little more legal, as most people using cBoot2 don't gather the reuired files themselves)

Anyways, sorry but:
*FACE PALM*
You used a guide that is not supposed to work on your Wii. You are lucky you picked something that doesn't brick. Whatever you do, you will need to reinstall a clean(working) IOS35 again, or else you won't be able to use cusom channels.

LiquidEFD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i used the stickied guide from xzxero and I got alot further now. I have the Homebrew channel installed and the Wii is updated to 4.2E Now when i advance to the next chapter in the sticky guide, modify 4.2, I put the files from the modify.zip into my SD card but when I try to load it my wii freezes.

Is this a known problem and any way to solve? Thanks again for all the help so far!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up