Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
cry.gif

Well I downloaded this demo last week but my 360 has given me the 3 red rings of doom (was bought last january)

Bloody hell and I was so looking forward to this game.

How reliable is a console when you get it back from MS being repaired?

grog.gif

I'm not a MS fan, but their repair service it's pretty impressive, they -at least here- send some company to pick up your console, then it goes to service and after 3 or 4 weeks -yeah that sucks- they send it back to you, and your "new" console keeps it's 3 years warranty.

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I agree lagman, although the consoles probably shouldn't have crapped out in the first place. It's still a very good service.

As for bioshock: almost finished downloading the demo for PC, hopefully it runs.

specs:

Athlon 3000+
7800GT
1gig RAM
windows xp

I've heard good things about this game running on older computers so I'll keep my fingers crossed
smile.gif

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I finished it a few hours ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. The best example of a next gen game I have played and easily the number 1 game on 360 and strong contender, if not winner of GOTY (along with maybe Mass Effect).
I got the game Saturday morning and have put in over 8 hours a day easily and got 800 points.
The LameSpot review is a joke!

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game has a lot of cinematic moments, when I started the demo I thought I was still watching a cut scene - the PC graphics are amazing. (PS, I like the HL2 into more than the Rapture intro)

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I finished it a few hours ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. The best example of a next gen game I have played and easily the number 1 game on 360 and strong contender, if not winner of GOTY (along with maybe Mass Effect).
I got the game Saturday morning and have put in over 8 hours a day easily and got 800 points.
The LameSpot review is a joke!

Just read the gamespot review. I've played it to death for 3 days now and I've yet to witness this "freezing problem" that they are talking about. Anyone else get it?

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Exactly! If it were true the news of the freeze issue would be in at least one other of the many proffesional reviews, and all over forums since the game has been online for a week.
For Jeff to mark it down for that is absurd, the first thing I would do if I were a reviewer or indeed a gamer would be to try the disc on another 360. No such thoughts from Jeff. The site just has to be different from all the others it's ridiculous, only this time it will lose credibility. It's not even so much the score I was annoyed by but the poor review. It's like he just couldn't be bothered. A sloppy review, and thats being kind.

I can't stress enough how much people must try this game, even if you don't like the FPS genre, it has lot more to offer than the usual fare.
I remember a couple of months ago really looking forward to The Darkness (best recent comparison I can think of), sure it came, I played it through (twice) and thought it was an excellent game, doing alot to inject life into the stale FPS genre, however when put next to the awesomeness that is BioShock, it lacks so so much. This game has smashed all previous competition in this genre, this really is the year of the gamer, and if LameSpot score Halo 3 higher than this, it will be a sad day for real gamers.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried it out. Reminds me a lot of Half Life.

Some parts actually freaked me out like you see a family after a broadcast saying "Find my family" and you go and BAM. HA HA CRAZY WOMAN.
I know. I played that part and WTF?
blink.gif

I'm surprised my PC can run it, it's below minimum spec.

Guy with an 7800gt worrying if it runs or not? I have a 6200!!!

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised my PC can run it, it's below minimum spec.

Guy with an 7800gt worrying if it runs or not? I have a 6200!!!

My PC is below the recommended specs but all the settings still defaulted to max
laugh.gif
. I have a 7600GT. I played the demo last night and it was SWEET. Graphics are some of the best I've seen and it all runs so smoothly. It even works with the 360 gamepad I have....but keyboard/mouse is better. I NEED THE FULL GAME.

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes yes YESS its out. off to the shops to buyyyyy buy buy bUY!!!11

hrmmz shop not open yet looks like I play the waiting game
unsure.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I just came back from the store with my copy of Bioshock (360). The tin case it comes in looks bloody awesome, and this is just the standard version. Very nice
smile.gif
Now to pop it in and give it a whirl.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As much as I'm loving this game, occasionally it decides to just kinda freeze for a few seconds before moving, only for it to happen again about 30 seconds later. It doesn't happen to me often, but when it does it is actually very annoying.

Other than that though, all the other points made in this topic, this game kicks so much ass. If you have a 360 or a PC, and you haven't played this game yet, go jump off a bridge for not being fast enough.

*Also for the people who are buying the PC version legit: You can only use the CD Key two times ever, then you can't install it ever again. So if you're the type of guy who is constantly uninstalling games for space or likes to wipe their hard drive, you'll probably need to look for a crack or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: