Gaming Bioshockz

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is anyone else looking forward to this as much as me?

The demo that just came out on 360 is really awesome but the full game will have some RPG elements like leveling up, upgrading guns and plasmoids(magic) and such.

If you like shooters chances are you'll love this game.

Creepy little girls, big arse monsters, magical-like powers all while you're in an underwater city?
wacko.gif
wub.gif

the art direction is very cool too.

bioshock-20070209113221761.jpg

bioshock-20070607110541401.jpg

trailer:TRAILORZ

6 more days bitches!
grog.gif

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely getting this game. The demo was really impressive. The atmosphere, graphics, sounds etc. everything was just amazing. One of the best games I've played lately.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I keep playing the demo over and over. This game is going to be exceptional. I was hesitant about the game at first but after trying it out this game has serious GOTY potential. I'm more excited for Bioshock than anything on Wii.

Half-Life 2 still stands as my favourite all time shooter, lets see if this one can claim top spot. The only thing I'm worried about is the length of the game, hopefully it's fairly long.

btw: No screenshots do this game justice, it is the best looking game I've ever played. Both graphics and art style.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried it out. Reminds me a lot of Half Life.

Some parts actually freaked me out like you see a family after a broadcast saying "Find my family" and you go and BAM. HA HA CRAZY WOMAN.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ya looking forward to this, but shame on them for not releasing a PC demo yet. Will be loads of better stuff out for Christmas mind you (Assassins Creed, HL2:EP2, Crysis, CoD4 etc...), can't wait!
smile.gif

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
I am wetting myself for bioshock to come out!

excuse the pun.

All I need now is a 360 or a graphics card for my rig.

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't consider this game as a shooter. It's more like an RPG. There isn't much action involved.

the dudes that made it said it's a shooter at heart but they've added heaps of cool RPG elements to it. there will be plenty of action in the final release.

glad to hear you guys looking forward to it
shy.gif

I've heard about some absolutely insanely awesome bits in the game that they've kept secret and if those rumors are true I think we'll be in for a good time...we ain't seen nothing yet!

tpi.gif

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How is it an RPG? From the demo I played it's a linear FPS like any other.

But it is simply amazing still
biggrin.gif
A common misconception is that Bioshock will have RPG elements much like System Shock 2, its spiritual predecessor . It won't. Bioshock is a watered down System Shock 2 for a mass-market (why else would it appear on a game console?).

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I was fairly impressed, very stylish, very adventure game-y. Still, I played it for 30 minutes and then went back to Half Life 2 and really started enjoying myself. I'll give it another shot tonight if I've got time. It really looks like it has potential, but it seems a little busy... or something. Maybe I just need to get a little more involved in it. Quite nice for a demo, and it does look like they're trying to do something a little different.

I wish someone would do up the Zork trilogy like this, but that's probably asking too much. "Apples & oranges" and all that.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
How is it an RPG? From the demo I played it's a linear FPS like any other.

But it is simply amazing still
biggrin.gif

A common misconception is that Bioshock will have RPG elements much like System Shock 2, its spiritual predecessor . It won't. Bioshock is a watered down System Shock 2 for a mass-market (why else would it appear on a game console?).

Commercial arrangements with Microsoft?

With Sony too, the PS3 version will come out some time in the future.

And cenotaph, I don't like your attitude against consoles. Is there some kind of "elite" PC games now? in my time, PC games were as popular and mass-marketed as other console games.

"Fun" is the key word.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive been fortunate to get hold of a retail US copy of this from a mate who came back from the US today. Bloody awesome game! Well worth a look for 360 owners. Should keep me quiet until Halo 3 arrives
biggrin.gif

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And cenotaph, I don't like your attitude against consoles. Is there some kind of "elite" PC games now? in my time, PC games were as popular and mass-marketed as other console games.
Not really, no. I think some types of games are much better suited to consoles; beat 'em ups, sports games, platformers, japanese-style RPGs, traditional shoot 'em ups to name a few. FPSes aren't however, and for those who've come to enjoy the kind of games PC publishers were dishing out around the turn of the millennium the recent shift towards multi platform is problematic as that inherently means games are going to be streamlined in order to fit the simpler controller interfaces used on console platforms. Don't get me wrong, it'll still be good fun, but it doesn't go well along with how all other aspects (graphical complexity, animation, sound quality etc.) are continuously ramped up.

And no, I don't think games were as commercialized when PC gaming was at its height back in the middle of the nineties because the industry was completely different back then. Gaming wasn't mainstream and development costs were seldom higher than $10M USD, which meant you could venture into riskier projects without having to worry as much as to whether you'd meet the marketing dept's sales expectations. Compare that to today - a game like Lost Planet, which is completely unremarkable in every way, costs $15M USD to develop and that's not including the expenses involved in building the engine it runs on. Hardware manufacturers pay off developers and/or publishers to make games for their systems. No one's willing to invest in something that isn't guaranteed to make huge returns. The entire industry is run by conglomerates, much like the movie industry, which only care about profit maximization.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a