Gaming Bioshockz

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply dragon. Comparing this to DX:IW made me a bit sad but at least you have valid reasons for not liking the game.

I loved Deus-Ex too, amazing game
smile.gif

I'm just glad you have some solid reasons behind not liking the game, seems like some people don't like xbox360 so they hate on all of its games even if they haven't played it.

peace

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply dragon. Comparing this to DX:IW made me a bit sad but at least you have valid reasons for not liking the game.

I loved Deus-Ex too, amazing game
smile.gif

I'm just glad you have some solid reasons behind not liking the game, seems like some people don't like xbox360 so they hate on all of its games even if they haven't played it.

peace

WHO in their right mind does not like theXBOX360?? WHO!!!???
wacko.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Nintendo fanboyz unfortunately
frown.gif
Nintendo are great but so is the xbox360. They're missing out.

Damn straight. I bought a 360 recently because Nintendo wasn't giving me my gaming fix. I'm so glad I did too. Bioshock, Gears, Crackdown, Forza 2, all brilliant games I'd never be able to enjoy on the Wii.

I decided to buy a 360 instead of paying copious amounts to upgrade my PC (I'm using old tech, AGP, IDE etc). So now the 360 is connected to my monitor and is my primary gaming machine, while the Wii is out in my living room for friends to enjoy when they come over. My roommate absolutely loves Wii Sports
grog.gif

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
WHO in their right mind does not like theXBOX360?? WHO!!!???Â
wacko.gif
biggrin.gif
... me. This though is mostly due to the controller which is beyond me. But tv video consoles are anyways not my favorites. My PC is more powerful than a console and can do much more than games. But yeah, I guess this entire Halo stuff ticked me off too ( good stolen game with lacking game play, the way to go ). Most probably though I dislike things like XBox because consoles are ruining the PC game market. Bioshock is one example of this alongside DX:IW. Instead of making a good game console related restrictions and shortcomings are ported to the PC game wrecking them. For example DX:IW showed always only a given number of text lines in a note. Compared to a TV a PC has way higher resolution and yet they kept the same font size ratio resulting in a font size nearly 10% of the entire screen. Nowadays games a made "first" for a console and then ported to the PC. That along this transition a PC is dumbed down to a console with huge limitations kills it. Many games turned out bad on PC because they are no more "geared" towards the PC in the first place.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game doesn't have a lot of replay value. It got boring when I'm playing it for the third time.

It's also way too easy.

Well...time to burn Stranglehold and try that.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game doesn't have a lot of replay value. It got boring when I'm playing it for the third time.

Well...time to burn Stranglehold and try that.

It's only been out for a week and you've played it through twice already? And now you're bitching because it's boring?
laugh.gif
Try playing something else ffs

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
Right, finished this game today (360 version) and I thought it was fantastic!

The end boss/ending were very much meh but the rest of the game was sublime!

Without ruining too much for people who haven't finished yet..."Would you kindly..." Three best words in the game.

Get to meet a certain fella and you'll see what I mean.

I thought from that point on the game takes a FANTASTIC turn, really making you think and realise things.

Genius story, slightly flawed combat system at times (have three splicers attacking you at once and you'll see what I mean). but that doesn't detract at all significantly from what is certainly one of 360's best titles.

Fairly short and a little easy on medium at least, but oh so f*ckin' SWEET.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the energy nor the time to bother with writing up all of my thoughts regarding this game, but... one of my main dislikes is how you're railed through it. While this is supposedly System Shock 2's spiritual successor and it was linear I still imagined we'd see a more non-linear style of play in Bioshock, given how Rapture is an inter-connected complex, but no...

Also, why is it that people describe this game as taking the FPS genre to a new level? Deus Ex did that if anything by adding layers and layers of depth - making it more akin to an adventure game - while this is just a standard, super-linear FPS with atmospheric lighting, distinguished art direction and some RPG elements (still doesn't make it an RPG as there's no real opportunity to role-play). I'll finish it and then most likely shelve it indefinitely.

DSGRIM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bioshock was ok. Way to short, cost way to much and was super easy. Story was meh. It was like if HG Wells and HP Lovecraft got together and wrote a story drunk. gameplay was fun though. the weps were great. a versus or even a simple co op would have made this game great.

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't really like very long games, bioshock was the perfect length for me. Also fun enough that I'll play through it again, worth the money for me.

Just the way the story, gameplay, environment, art etc. all blended together made it feel fantastic to me. I think they explored some things games haven't done in quite a while and this is far from a cookie-cutter generic shooter.

One of the twists near the end was major WTF.

I think this game is good for people like me who hate long RPG's with lots of grinding and random encounters. I dislike games that are so huge that I get lost or stuck and end up stop playing in frustration.

It was linear enough to make me feel direction and purpose and had enough places to explore to make it not seem large and expansive.

This game doesn't take FPS to the next level. It just executes it in a way that makes it easily accessible, interesting and more importantly - fun for non-extreme-hardcore gamers(
tongue.gif
). If you were looking for more than this you'll be disappointed.

How many games can you shoot bees from your hands, electrocute people by shooting lightning from your fingertips then smack them over the head with a wrench? I mean..it's not meant to be a revolutionary game, it's just good fun with a good story.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
How many games can you shoot bees from your hands, electrocute people by shooting lightning from your fingertips then smack them over the head with a wrench? I mean..it's not meant to be a revolutionary game, it's just good fun with a good story.
rofl2.gif
... Sorry, but this two lines just gave me Déja-vu: Half-life.
- Shoot bees from your hand: Hive-Gun
- Shoot lightning from your fingertips: Gauss Cannon ( well, Quake had a better Lighting Gun though )
- Smack with wrench: The mighty Crowbar!

Granted it's not done with your hand but a certain resemblance can't be denied. Good old Half-Life. Also a game of it's own stand.

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
Bioshock was ok. Way to short, cost way to much and was super easy. Story was meh. It was like if HG Wells and HP Lovecraft got together and wrote a story drunk. gameplay was fun though. the weps were great. a versus or even a simple co op would have made this game great.

Ooh, you're right, that would've been amazing
ohmy.gif

Xbox Live multiplayer, through different bits of Rapture, various plasmids and weapons and stuff. There could have even been a 'leader' kind of game - one person starts off as a Big Daddy, has to survive for as long as they can against the other 3 players. Person who kills the Big Daddy becomes one, and the person who WAS a Big Daddy is now just a regular player. Person who survives the longest is teh WINNAR!

Daamn, I should've been on the dev. team!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
rofl2.gif

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Ooh, you're right, that would've been amazing
ohmy.gif

lol I would wait for my bud to try to save a little sister, then pop her in the head before he gets the chance
biggrin.gif

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
wow i'm really excited after reading these comments
i've just installed bioshock last night. it was too late to play, but i watched the first 10 min of the game. might be too scary for me

cubin'

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it's not too bad wario. I could never play doom 3 in the dark but had no problems with bioshock, apart from a few choice moments.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got a question has anyone gotten weird noises when doing this.

(using back up)

Home button --> Exit to dash board. It like a sound when a motor just suddenly stops. I've noticed it also during load times within Bio Shock. If no one knows what I'm talking about I'll try and get a sound bite the next time I play it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM