Bethesda bringing Fallout 76, Rage 2, Doom Eternal, and more to Steam for PC release

fallout-76-patch-48-gb-helmet-logo.jpg.optimal.jpg

Bethesda's Fallout 76 might not be the most beloved game right now, but it might help to know that it'll be losing its Bethesda Games Store exclusivity later this year for PC players. This also extends to any and all upcoming Bethesda titles on the platform. They'll still be releasing on Bethesda's launcher, but RAGE 2, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot, and DOOM Eternal will be headed to Steam as well. While this was never an impossibility--Bethesda said it was considering releasing Fallout 76 on Steam last year--the significant takeaway is that the company won't be releasing its games as exclusives on the Epic Games Store.

:arrow: Source

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I swear the folks at id software brainwashed the higher-ups of Bethesda, and that's why we'll get Steam releases :D

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
A cynical part of me is wondering if they'll pull a Metro and make Doom Eternal an Epic Store exclusive just prior to launch.

edit:

For once, it might be a good thing to preorder as soon as it goes live on Steam.

Last edited by tech3475,

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
So... we're celebrating developers not releasing on Epic now?

That's an odd take to me.
I don't see how it's odd, seeing as how every single news post about Epic Games Store has been dominated by users vocally showing their disdain for it. It's been happening since the start of Epic exclusives.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, adding FO76 to Steam is a huge mistake.

So... we're celebrating developers not releasing on Epic now?

That's an odd take to me.
Would you rather they release their games on a shitty storefront that's been accused of leaking and gathering personal information? That's sad.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't see how it's odd, seeing as how every single news post about Epic Games Store has been dominated by users vocally showing their disdain for it. It's been happening since the start of Epic exclusives.
Lol, adding FO76 to Steam is a huge mistake.

Would you rather they release their games on a shitty storefront that's been accused of leaking and gathering personal information? That's sad.
More like expressing disdain that it's apparently considered a virtue to not release on a shitty platform.

I'm not expressing anything remotely to say that Epic is good, quite the opposite in fact. Their fuckin launcher is a buncha dogshit. Ignoring the data gathering, there's also issues with how it downloads things that basically result in what should be a 5 minute update on my connection taking up to two hours.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like expressing disdain that it's apparently considered a virtue to not release on a shitty platform.

I'm not expressing anything remotely to say that Epic is good, quite the opposite in fact. Their fuckin launcher is a buncha dogshit. Ignoring the data gathering, there's also issues with how it downloads things that basically result in what should be a 5 minute update on my connection taking up to two hours.

We're not allowed to express joy that it's on Steam and not on Epic? Sure sounds like it to me.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't know why this is a surprise - I distinctly remember Bethesda themselves saying that while the games will launch on the Bethesda launcher, they will eventually be put up on Steam as well.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can preorder Rage 2 now. I don't think there's even going to be a delay anymore for upcoming games to hit Steam.

FO '76 was released on their launcher before Steam announced a 20% cut for games that sell extremely well. That may well have been enough to tempt them back and it was just a matter of timing for them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: