Best of the Best?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Random Seeker, Dec 23, 2007.

Dec 23, 2007

Best of the Best? by Random Seeker at 1:55 PM (1,558 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Random Seeker
    OP

Newcomer Random Seeker Member

I've read many opinions, but it's still sending me in circles, so I ask this.

What is the most durable cart? As in, does not break after pulling and plugging in the link cable after 500 times or so.

And well... The best generally, the above is the only one I care about, as I absolutely adore hacking.

2. azotyp

Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    That mean you know programming, if so than buy acekard rpg , they are giving source code of every firmware release, so if you are skilled enough you could make yourself a nice custom menu that nobody have. (I heard that one user done that but he didnt share results with the world [​IMG] )

3. Random Seeker
    OP

Newcomer Random Seeker Member

Well, I'm not interested in flashiness, and from what I read, that card requires you to pull it out in order to be connected, much wear and tear = annoying.

What I'm looking for is simple one faithful cart that will last me quite a while.

4. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    There is no absolute best i fear btw there is another thread here ... you need luck also ( a while = months ) ;-)

The best soft is cycloDs evolution for me but ... stocks are missing right now and current hardware batch is not reliable enough according to high rate of DOA ( i've got two working just fine for 4 & 6 months now )

5. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    There is no wear and tear. I can't confirm this as my acekard is still shipping but I think azotyp can. I think acekard has the best hardware quality and no, putting the USB cable in it 500 times will not break it. It was designed for that kind of connection. There is no wear and tear you were mentioning, and since you love to hack, by what you state, acekard RPG is seriously perfect for you.

6. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Cyclo DS for the best, or Acekard RPG for the hacking part. Or make them have a baby and take the baby.

7. golden

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    CycloAce?
    CycloKard?
    Acekard Evolution?
    Cyclo REG? Real Evolution Gaming?

What name sounds the best? [​IMG]

8. Jaejae

Member Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

New Zealand
    Yep, AceKard RPG would fit your needs perfectly.
    Open source loader, dual memory.
    The Cyclo has a great loader, and a great team, but shite hardware.
    The AceKard has great hardware, but almost no English support, and a loader lacking in features, although the latter is being improved all the time, and with it being open source, there are endless possibilities.

Edit: How do flash carts have sex? I request some rule 34 on the AceKard.

9. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    I think that slot 1s are the guys and slot 2s are the girls and when they bond via a DS the male... nevermind. [​IMG]

And you also want a durable cart? In the review I've read that the Cyclo has just a mediocre build quality, so maybe an M3Real?

10. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    M3Real is also mediocre built and software is dull...

The latest premature baby (DSTT) is Here ...

11. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I think the M3 Real isn't mediocre at all. Sure, the software can become better, but it's still not bad (especially when you're used to using the Slot-2 M3).

The DSTT is (from what I've heard) not bad at all either! It has all the features the R4 has plus some more, and it's really cheap too!

12. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    acekard sounds right for you, head over to bamboogaming.com order it and give it about a month to ship :{

13. Nero

Member Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

United States
    In my honest opinion, the DSTT GUI looks like shit. [​IMG]
    Not a bad cart overall, however.

~Nero

14. Jaejae

Member Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

New Zealand
    I can confirm, contrary to the GBATemp review, that you can plug in the USB cable while it is still in the DS.
    I can do this with two of the cables I already have, and the one included with the AceKard.