Hacking Which is the best?

MichaelCalvo7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to get a card for my DS. I don't know which is the best overall between all of them. I've heard good things about the R4 and the G6. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4 is obviously the universal cart you will hear about. Since you only know about those two I recommend doing some research and finding out that there are MANY more options and some better choices so you won't be disappointed at what you purchase.

Some other great carts are:
CycloDS
M3 Real/Simply
DS TopToy
Acekard RPG

MichaelCalvo7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have heard about the others. Those are just the ones that I've heard the most about. It was just so I could write something and not leave the post empty. I guess it would be easier if I explained what I was looking for.

I do not care about real time saving.
I would like good ROM compatibility.
I would like good homebrew compatibility. there are some applications i would like to get.
Music, movies, pictures would be nice.
Easy to use, yet decent looking display. Skinning.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do not care about real time saving.
I would like good ROM compatibility.
I would like good homebrew compatibility. there are some applications i would like to get.
Music, movies, pictures would be nice.
Easy to use, yet decent looking display. Skinning.
The above comments help.

Answers numbered in order:

1. Then don't get Supercard DS1
2. Any flash cart these days has almost 100% perfect compatibility if not pure perfect 100%
3. With DLDI, any flashcart supported with it can play 95% homebrew.
4. Any flash cart can play media with moonshell although I have heard that others' built in moonshells are better than others.
5. Number 5 is the big question, all of them have easy to use drag and drop interface but I have heard the CycloDS has the best GUI. It is pretty expensive but it is the only thing that really sets it apart. It also has some exclusive features like gameplay slowing down. Not sure if you care or not. But they are rather expensive. $60. And they have had an EXTREMELY high defective count recently.

MichaelCalvo7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright thank you... that helps out alot.

Real quick...what is DLDI? im sure it is something obvious, but I'm new to this so yeah.
The applications I wanted were like DSLiveWeather and that iPod looking thing for the DS. i think it was made by lick or something like that.

price isn't really an object right now.

yeah i heard that the Cyclo is having a few problems right now.

I want one that can support maybe 2GB or 4GB.

also, what made you decide on the acekard rpg???

redeyez

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alright thank you... that helps out alot. 

Real quick...what is DLDI? im sure it is something obvious, but I'm new to this so yeah.
The applications I wanted were like DSLiveWeather and that iPod looking thing for the DS.  i think it was made by lick or something like that.

I'm pretty new at this. I didnt know which cart to go with, so I researched for a couple of days (it was killing me, I just want ONE!) my list came down to two units M3DS Real or the CycloDS. I chose the M3DS Real just because IMO they seemed to be more up to date with firmware and I wanted good GBA support , etc... I could be wrong.

As for DLDI, i THINK it's to standardize the R/W of SD cards for homebrew software. Since most cards have their own propiertary software, their R/W routines would vary each other, any new homebrew would only work on a certain card. A user name Chishm proposed that homebrew developers could add a library to their programs that would have "generic" read write routines that could access any flashcart...I think, I could be wrong...

red

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alright thank you... that helps out alot.Â

The applications I wanted were like DSLiveWeather and that iPod looking thing for the DS. i think it was made by lick or something like that.

DLDI means dynamically linked device interface. There is a tutorial here on GBATemp. read it. It is a must.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=45157&st=0

The ipod clone for the DS that you are looking for is called the "licks media player"

If price isn't an object then you should check out some real cool but expensive carts like Acekard RPG and G6 Real that you mentioned. Those are neglected because of price but can do some great things.

If you want to use SDs with more than 2Gs then you need a card that supports SDHC. R4 and G6 currently do not. Make sure to check if your cart does before buying.

Good night.
smile.gif

MichaelCalvo7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you red...what did the M3 have over the other cards that topped it off for you??

I feel the same as you did...i just want one...but there's so many and all are different

redeyez

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I checked out both manufacturers websites and M3 just seemed to be more update, and the product specs for both were pretty similar (CycloDS which was my 1st pick), but in the end the minor difs (CycloDS has a little better features, but only MINOR difs (GFX wise)) didnt out way the support (which the M3 has more "community") lead me to the M3DS Real.

But if I had gotten the CycloDS I'm sure I would of been happy. They both look great. I dont think you can go wrong with either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: