Best DSi Flashcard?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by HeroCC, Jul 21, 2016.

1. HeroCC
    OP

HeroCC Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2015
    United States
    So: I have luma / A9hax. I am looking for a decent DSi Flashcard for my system. It'd be nice if it works on non-patched 3DSs, but it isn't a requirement. Something that works with NDS forwarders and YSMenu, and won't drain your batteries when you leave it in. I already have a 32gb microsd card, so it doesn't need to come with one. I have heard of the R4i, DSTT, and DSTwo+, but want to get reviews here first. Of course, cheats/other system emulation would be nice, but isn't nessary.

I posted this in the newbies thread, but didn't get a response.

Thanks!

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    I'd personally say DSTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Xuman

Xuman GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2012
    United States
    Ive a DStwo that I got before 3DS flashcards were even a thing, and thats been plenty good enough for myself. imo its the best flashcart if you want to play NDS games, and it has cheats, plus it has a few emulators (but if you have a hacked 3ds then the only point of an Nds flashcart is the NDS part.)

4. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    DSTT + YSMenu + Moonshell + CIA forwarders = PROFIT

Tomato Hentai and proflayton123 like this.
  5. emuashui

emuashui GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2016
    Hong Kong
    seems only dstwo ( + ? ) can emulate gba roms ?

6. GalladeGuy

GalladeGuy Freeze Kirby :3

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    You can play GBA games at full speed from your home menu.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  7. HeroCC
    OP

HeroCC Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2015
    United States
    Thanks everybody, just ordered a DSTT!

proflayton123 likes this.
  8. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    The only "DSi flashcard", assuming from the op you want to run DSi games on a 3DS, is the CycloDS iEvolution, good luck finding one or probably even using it on a 3DS...

If you want a DS-mode flashcard that also gives you the most of a DS/DSi, yeah, get a dstwo, otherwise it's a poor choice for use on mainly a 3DS

9. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    This requires 1.4.2 J/E/U.
    It doesn't work on any later firmware.

10. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Either dstwo, r4i-sdhc or r4isdhc

zoogie likes this.
  11. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    he said he was using a9lh+luma so its not a problem

12. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    It still probably requires a DS Whitelist patch because CycloDS iEvo is blocked since 3.0.0-6.

13. HeroCC
    OP

HeroCC Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2015
    United States
    OK: my card just arrived, and I put all the files from the DSTT(i) YSMenu folder on a microSD card, and put it in the dstt. However, it fails to load, and on the bottom screen it says there was an error and tells me to hold the power button to reload. Any advice? Also, I looked for the CycloDS iEvo but I couldn't find a place to buy it, and parts of there website seemed down. I assumed Luma had patches to make the card work, but do I need something else?

Thanks for all of your help!

14. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    >Best DSi flashcart
    >DSTT

God gbatemp why

HeroCC why are you looking for a DSi flashcart specifically? The DSTT has no DSi capabilities, most DS carts don't AFAIK.

The Real Jdbye likes this.
  15. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I was thinking the exact same thing. How did the DSTT suddenly become popular again? It wasn't even good when it came out.

16. BORTZ

BORTZ Don't pretend you aren't impressed

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I need to find the old post but I am pretty sure it has a habit of bricking itself due to heat.

17. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Between the Sacred Silence and Sleep
    So.. there arent (afaik) dsi carts... only ds carts which run on dsi
    Dstt runs well on my n3ds with a second-stage thing. Just installed a cia and it works. Runs 99% of games and dont drain battery. Works with emulators of nes/gb/gbc/snes(barely) and HB (all those confirmed) under ysmenu. It doesnt use any kinda *super duper cpu ram pack* and doesnt run 3ds games, but it does its job. R4 is pretty similar, but some of them dont need to install cia to run, which makes them very pricy. Dstwo+ is a r4 with steroids- has cpu inside for emulators which works only on it, but it consumes lotta battery, and runs 3ds games only on older versions (9.*)
    Dstwo does pretty much same thing for less money. I recomend dstt/ttds cause they run all ds games/ homebrew/ emulators. Everything else can be done with cias, easier and with no money

18. HeroCC
    OP

HeroCC Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2015
    United States
    Not specifically DSi, I thought that you couldn't install DSi or DS games, but now I realize that you can install DSi CIAs, but not DS. I still can't get my DSTT to work though, it is just a white card on the homescreen.

EDIT: Probably should have gotten the R4, it seems more supported. A lot of links for DSTT are down.

19. sieroi

sieroi GBAtemp Regular

Apr 29, 2015
    It's the only DS flashcart compatible with CIA forwarders that can handle MicroSD cards over 2GB.

That's it, really.

20. LuigiXL

LuigiXL GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2016
    Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong to get R4 (Original) or ACE3DSPLUS to work on CFW? I am using a non-SDHC 2gb Fat 16, drag the files to the microSD which i put in the R4/card, the slot pic stays blank, I've tried the various .cia's (r4 and wood) but they dont read the card, just give a blank message window when i pres on the MSD icon (which is there when I load it whether the slot is in use or not)
    Thanks