Hacking Best DSi Flashcard?

HeroCC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So: I have luma / A9hax. I am looking for a decent DSi Flashcard for my system. It'd be nice if it works on non-patched 3DSs, but it isn't a requirement. Something that works with NDS forwarders and YSMenu, and won't drain your batteries when you leave it in. I already have a 32gb microsd card, so it doesn't need to come with one. I have heard of the R4i, DSTT, and DSTwo+, but want to get reviews here first. Of course, cheats/other system emulation would be nice, but isn't nessary.

I posted this in the newbies thread, but didn't get a response.

Thanks!

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
So: I have luma / A9hax. I am looking for a decent DSi Flashcard for my system. It'd be nice if it works on non-patched 3DSs, but it isn't a requirement. Something that works with NDS forwarders and YSMenu, and won't drain your batteries when you leave it in. I already have a 32gb microsd card, so it doesn't need to come with one. I have heard of the R4i, DSTT, and DSTwo+, but want to get reviews here first. Of course, cheats/other system emulation would be nice, but isn't nessary.

I posted this in the newbies thread, but didn't get a response.

Thanks!

I'd personally say DSTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive a DStwo that I got before 3DS flashcards were even a thing, and thats been plenty good enough for myself. imo its the best flashcart if you want to play NDS games, and it has cheats, plus it has a few emulators (but if you have a hacked 3ds then the only point of an Nds flashcart is the NDS part.)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The only "DSi flashcard", assuming from the op you want to run DSi games on a 3DS, is the CycloDS iEvolution, good luck finding one or probably even using it on a 3DS...

If you want a DS-mode flashcard that also gives you the most of a DS/DSi, yeah, get a dstwo, otherwise it's a poor choice for use on mainly a 3DS

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The only "DSi flashcard", assuming from the op you want to run DSi games on a 3DS, is the CycloDS iEvolution, good luck finding one or probably even using it on a 3DS...

If you want a DS-mode flashcard that also gives you the most of a DS/DSi, yeah, get a dstwo, otherwise it's a poor choice for use on mainly a 3DS
This requires 1.4.2 J/E/U.
It doesn't work on any later firmware.

HeroCC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK: my card just arrived, and I put all the files from the DSTT(i) YSMenu folder on a microSD card, and put it in the dstt. However, it fails to load, and on the bottom screen it says there was an error and tells me to hold the power button to reload. Any advice? Also, I looked for the CycloDS iEvo but I couldn't find a place to buy it, and parts of there website seemed down. I assumed Luma had patches to make the card work, but do I need something else?

Thanks for all of your help!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
>Best DSi flashcart
>DSTT

God gbatemp why

HeroCC why are you looking for a DSi flashcart specifically? The DSTT has no DSi capabilities, most DS carts don't AFAIK.
I was thinking the exact same thing. How did the DSTT suddenly become popular again? It wasn't even good when it came out.

D

Deleted User

So.. there arent (afaik) dsi carts... only ds carts which run on dsi
Dstt runs well on my n3ds with a second-stage thing. Just installed a cia and it works. Runs 99% of games and dont drain battery. Works with emulators of nes/gb/gbc/snes(barely) and HB (all those confirmed) under ysmenu. It doesnt use any kinda *super duper cpu ram pack* and doesnt run 3ds games, but it does its job. R4 is pretty similar, but some of them dont need to install cia to run, which makes them very pricy. Dstwo+ is a r4 with steroids- has cpu inside for emulators which works only on it, but it consumes lotta battery, and runs 3ds games only on older versions (9.*)
Dstwo does pretty much same thing for less money. I recomend dstt/ttds cause they run all ds games/ homebrew/ emulators. Everything else can be done with cias, easier and with no money

HeroCC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Best DSi flashcart
>DSTT

God gbatemp why

HeroCC why are you looking for a DSi flashcart specifically? The DSTT has no DSi capabilities, most DS carts don't AFAIK.

Not specifically DSi, I thought that you couldn't install DSi or DS games, but now I realize that you can install DSi CIAs, but not DS. I still can't get my DSTT to work though, it is just a white card on the homescreen.

EDIT: Probably should have gotten the R4, it seems more supported. A lot of links for DSTT are down.

sieroi

Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking the exact same thing. How did the DSTT suddenly become popular again? It wasn't even good when it came out.
It's the only DS flashcart compatible with CIA forwarders that can handle MicroSD cards over 2GB.

That's it, really.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong to get R4 (Original) or ACE3DSPLUS to work on CFW? I am using a non-SDHC 2gb Fat 16, drag the files to the microSD which i put in the R4/card, the slot pic stays blank, I've tried the various .cia's (r4 and wood) but they dont read the card, just give a blank message window when i pres on the MSD icon (which is there when I load it whether the slot is in use or not)
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...