Gaming Best DS Games of All Time?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeddyPain
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 14,845
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Likes Likes 1

TeddyPain

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2011
Messages
100
Reaction score
9
Trophies
0
Age
34
Location
Waving to black people in the hood in my car.
XP
151
Country
United States
What do you think is one of the best ds games of all time and why? I personally think that the Castlevania series is the best thing that happened to the ds, mainly because that it takes you back to the old side scrolling games, and almost always has an epic storyline that makes you want to play it over again. I tried playing some fps shooters, such as call of duty.. needless to say I actually like it but I know I shouldn't because fps games on the ds = terribad. Another reason why I created this thread was mainly.. well I'm running out of ds games to play, and some suggestions would be helpful to me and others.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
I love the Phoenix Wright series, and if I had to choose it would be... the first game. Why?? Because it was the game that allowed me to love the series. Phoenix Wright has funny moments, emotional, and "FUCK YEAH" moments. Not to mention the great cast of characters in the game.
 
Shin Megami Tensei:Devil Survivor..It's like one of my Favorite RPGs.Why I like I think it's a good game;because of the Length of the Game and how you can Change how the Game goes by what you do and say.

Also,you Gotz to play Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of The Starry Sky...It's like Woah The best DQ game ever made...Just one thing made it God for me. The "3D-ish" Visual.

And Thumbs up to TWEWY and Kingdom Hearts. :yay:
 
The World Ends With You - awesome gameplay and story
Phoenix Wright series - for the story
Professor Layton series - it's so hard though I used the gamefaqs the whole time

it really depends on the type of games you like though.
 
The world ends with you for me too, its an absolutely brilliant game. Where else can you play as Jesus who can shoot laser beams?
Nine Hours Nine People Nine Doors is a close second.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
Advanced Wars, both of them but if I had to choose it would be Days of Ruin because of the story and multiplayer online.
 
If you like brick breaking games then Arkanoid is a must.
Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow's soul system cannot be beat and IMO is the best Castlevania game for the DS.
A shooting game I'd recommend would be Metroid Prime Hunters because of how the touch control scheme works so well.
Fighting games I recommend are DBZ Supersonic Wariors and One Piece Gearspirit, Why? Specials! :P
Space invaders is very fun, and that fun is multiplied 5x if you use the DS/DSlite with the rumble pack.
Plants vs. Zombies is Plants vs. Zombies.
Time Hollow has 0 replay value, but that first time is something I recommend you should experience.
 
Disgaea DS, amazingly funny with endless replay value as you grind to level 9999!
999 is one of the most brilliant games on the system because of the story, and a close second.
 
I've beaten almost all of the games that was mentioned in this thread, I will definitely look into space invaders, hotel dusk, and one piece. Also I forgot about dbz supersonic warriors 2, I play that game like every day with my friends, so addicting.. Too bad it doesn't have wifi though.
 
I will add some of my list:
Ghost Trick Phantom Detective (HOW CAN YOU FORGET THIS MASTERPIECE!)
Hotel Dusk
Inazuma Eleven
Suikoden Tierkreis
Tales of Innocence
Dragon Quest IX
SaGa 2 Goddess of Destiny
Radiant Historia
Phoenix Wright series
999
TWEWY
Chrono Trigger (Duh)
Etrian Odyssey III The Drowned City
Disgaea
SMT devil survivor
Advance Wars
Ninja Gaiden
Okamiden
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga
Professor Layton (FAQ cheating since I care about the story only)
 
The game I currently like the most out of my collection is Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, with SMT: Devil Survivor (I actually own the 3DS Overclocked, but it's an enhanced port of the DS original) and Super Scribblenauts a close second. The reason: I like challenging games, and I like games where your character has lots of options. The SMT games are brutal and demand that you use all the numerous options available to you to succeed. Super Scribblenauts was much less difficult, but the ability to do pretty much whatever you want is very fun. I frequently boot up Super Scribblenauts just to see if/how a new adjective works, or how a combination of objects interact.
 

Site & Scene News