Gaming Best DS Games of All Time?

TeddyPain

OP
Trophies
Waving to black people in the hood in my car.
XP
Country
United States
What do you think is one of the best ds games of all time and why? I personally think that the Castlevania series is the best thing that happened to the ds, mainly because that it takes you back to the old side scrolling games, and almost always has an epic storyline that makes you want to play it over again. I tried playing some fps shooters, such as call of duty.. needless to say I actually like it but I know I shouldn't because fps games on the ds = terribad. Another reason why I created this thread was mainly.. well I'm running out of ds games to play, and some suggestions would be helpful to me and others.

Reactions: 1 person

celeron53

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love the Phoenix Wright series, and if I had to choose it would be... the first game. Why?? Because it was the game that allowed me to love the series. Phoenix Wright has funny moments, emotional, and "FUCK YEAH" moments. Not to mention the great cast of characters in the game.

D

Deleted User

Shin Megami Tensei:Devil Survivor..It's like one of my Favorite RPGs.Why I like I think it's a good game;because of the Length of the Game and how you can Change how the Game goes by what you do and say.

Also,you Gotz to play Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of The Starry Sky...It's like Woah The best DQ game ever made...Just one thing made it God for me. The "3D-ish" Visual.

And Thumbs up to TWEWY and Kingdom Hearts. :yay:

bashscrazy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The World Ends With You - awesome gameplay and story
Phoenix Wright series - for the story
Professor Layton series - it's so hard though I used the gamefaqs the whole time

it really depends on the type of games you like though.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The world ends with you for me too, its an absolutely brilliant game. Where else can you play as Jesus who can shoot laser beams?
Nine Hours Nine People Nine Doors is a close second.

Reactions: 1 person

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like brick breaking games then Arkanoid is a must.
Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow's soul system cannot be beat and IMO is the best Castlevania game for the DS.
A shooting game I'd recommend would be Metroid Prime Hunters because of how the touch control scheme works so well.
Fighting games I recommend are DBZ Supersonic Wariors and One Piece Gearspirit, Why? Specials! :P
Space invaders is very fun, and that fun is multiplied 5x if you use the DS/DSlite with the rumble pack.
Plants vs. Zombies is Plants vs. Zombies.
Time Hollow has 0 replay value, but that first time is something I recommend you should experience.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disgaea DS, amazingly funny with endless replay value as you grind to level 9999!
999 is one of the most brilliant games on the system because of the story, and a close second.

TeddyPain

OP
Trophies
Waving to black people in the hood in my car.
XP
Country
United States
I've beaten almost all of the games that was mentioned in this thread, I will definitely look into space invaders, hotel dusk, and one piece. Also I forgot about dbz supersonic warriors 2, I play that game like every day with my friends, so addicting.. Too bad it doesn't have wifi though.

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
I will add some of my list:
Ghost Trick Phantom Detective (HOW CAN YOU FORGET THIS MASTERPIECE!)
Hotel Dusk
Inazuma Eleven
Suikoden Tierkreis
Tales of Innocence
Dragon Quest IX
SaGa 2 Goddess of Destiny
Radiant Historia
Phoenix Wright series
TWEWY
Chrono Trigger (Duh)
Etrian Odyssey III The Drowned City
Disgaea
SMT devil survivor
Advance Wars
Ninja Gaiden
Okamiden
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga
Professor Layton (FAQ cheating since I care about the story only)

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game I currently like the most out of my collection is Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, with SMT: Devil Survivor (I actually own the 3DS Overclocked, but it's an enhanced port of the DS original) and Super Scribblenauts a close second. The reason: I like challenging games, and I like games where your character has lots of options. The SMT games are brutal and demand that you use all the numerous options available to you to succeed. Super Scribblenauts was much less difficult, but the ability to do pretty much whatever you want is very fun. I frequently boot up Super Scribblenauts just to see if/how a new adjective works, or how a combination of objects interact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol