Hacking Beginner's guide: launch hacks, game backups and homebrews on WiiU & vWii

• Thread starter xem
  • Start date
  • Views 468,345
  • Replies 290
  • Likes 15

anthony001

Trophies
XP
Country
ive read the front page and was wondering if someone can clarify something for me
for emulating the wii portion i have to have a sd card no more than 2gb.
is a physical game also required? is this only one time or do i have to do this everytime i load vwii?
what external harddisk are compatible? what is double usb power?
the same sd card will also be used to store the game and files needed to run? or will it be the external hdd
nintendont will also use the same sd card?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for emulating modding the wii portion i have to have a sd card no more than 2gb. Correct
is a physical game also required? Yes, any of the original hack games EXCEPT any game using the Twilight Hack
is this only one time or do i have to do this everytime i load vwii? One time if you install the Homebrew channel, every time if you're just using the exploit to trigger an application launch
what external harddisk are compatible? what is double usb power? The Wii U's USB ports are comparatively underpowered so that it is more environmentally conscious (read "so that Nintendo can get compensation for following energy incentives"). Because of this, there is not actually enough power for most external platter drives to spin up on their own. Your options are to buy an external solid state drive, buy an external hard drive that gets power externally (from the wall), or buy what is called a "Y-cable" (a USB cable extension that has two male ends, one for power and one for data)
the same sd card will also be used to store the game and files needed to run? or will it be the external hdd Both work
nintendont will also use the same sd card? See above, Nintendont can use either

anthony001

Trophies
XP
Country
for emulating modding the wii portion i have to have a sd card no more than 2gb. Correct
is a physical game also required? Yes, any of the original hack games EXCEPT any game using the Twilight Hack
is this only one time or do i have to do this everytime i load vwii? One time if you install the Homebrew channel, every time if you're just using the exploit to trigger an application launch
what external harddisk are compatible? what is double usb power? The Wii U's USB ports are comparatively underpowered so that it is more environmentally conscious (read "so that Nintendo can get compensation for following energy incentives"). Because of this, there is not actually enough power for most external platter drives to spin up on their own. Your options are to buy an external solid state drive, buy an external hard drive that gets power externally (from the wall), or buy what is called a "Y-cable" (a USB cable extension that has two male ends, one for power and one for data)
the same sd card will also be used to store the game and files needed to run? or will it be the external hdd Both work
nintendont will also use the same sd card? See above, Nintendont can use either

hmm getting a sd card thats 2-4 gb and not sd hc seems to be really hard nowadays. also wanna ask if its ok to use micro sd and use the adaptor that came with it?

after i install the homebrew channel can i use a sd card thats is bigger than 4 gb and is sdhc?

=EDIT=
question regarding the structure of the file in the sd card
in the instruction it says to put xyzzy in sd root/apps but when i check the ascii drawing its inside the d2x-cios-installer mod v2.2 folder also alot of files seems out of place. which ones should i follow?

Last edited by anthony001,

dave71p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im a beginner and my wiiu is on 5.3.2 and using or trying to use loadiine GX2 V2 beta ,iv been trying to make loadiine work for about two weeks now,reading and watching tutorials for hours and hours day after day and cant seem to get even one game going yet,i have spent over $100 on a 64gig class 10 sd card and another $80 on a 32gig sd card thinking it would work better than the 64gig card but still nothing,I have some dumb questions to ask and hope someone can please help me out before i go nuts,first or all i cant even transfer the game WUP contents into ANY sd card,no matter if its 4,16,32 or 64gig sd card,it always freezes or gets stuck in the process of transferring the files,iv even tryed using Bully Wii Plazas game transfer to sd card app. and it still dont transfer the files without freezing,i had to sit here for hours and transfer one file at a time for yoshis woolly world,i dont understand how the game should be set up on the sd card ?The way i have it set up is SD:/wiiu/games/yoshis woolly world and thats it ?I dont know what gos after the game name ?i read in a sample some where that it should say yoshis woolly world [ID6] what is ?[ID6], is this the title key at the end of the game name or what gos after the game name ?

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to copy Wii game back up to USB/HDD without having to use Wiibackupmanager? I notice using this transfer speed is cut off like half on my laptop (which is already very slow). Also my old laptop experience freeze. USing Wiibackupmanager encourages the freeze especially at the end of game transfer progress

Last edited by tivu100,

jmrodrigues

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can format the HDD on fat32 or Ntfs, both are supported by cfg usb loader, wiiflow...
I convert Isos to Wbfs and simply copy/paste with PC

Sn0wMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.
I'm Always in Dumpiine and TCPGecko dotNet
Dumping out the Disk of WiiU
Want to convert it began to Dumping data to wud
Teach me please.

mattiewheels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got HBC on vWii and can run emus fine, but anything that requires system access seems to hard lock the system every time I try, like unlocking regions or running loaders. I can't give you guys a syscheck because even that freezes before it finishes.

I'm on the latest update and homebrewed through Lego Star Wars if it matters. The only unusual thing in the process was seeing bootmii give an error message when I ran hackmii to install HBC.

NebulaJoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nooby question, but I'm planning on buying a Wii U. Is there any major difference between the 8 GB and the 32 GB? What would you guys recommend?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nooby question, but I'm planning on buying a Wii U. Is there any major difference between the 8 GB and the 32 GB? What would you guys recommend?
A new 8GB bundle will be guaranteed below 5.3.2, even potentially 3.1.0, but hardware-wise and price/what you get, the 32GB is much better. Just try to get a Wind Waker HD or NSMBU 32GB bundle

otaku76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I.m a little scare about these updates... I read all guide but do not understand how to block updates. I want to be 100% secure and try to block in router following
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net
except this one "nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net". My router allow max 30 characters and this one have 31 :( All test from my PC to kloth.net were not good.

I was thinking about Mongose, but need to know do I need USB ethernt adapter for Wii-U if I want to use this server? I want to have LAN without internet access. So, mongose require that adapter or not? Any mongose full step by step? Only what i found about mongose is one video and tutorial how to copy server to PC but not configuration and requirement of PC and wiiU :(
I have two ethernt card in pc and one using for PS3 CFW and keeping him from internet access while plying lAN games through ps3netsrv.
So what is best option for me?

Last edited by otaku76,

Maha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi
I was playing Ghostbusters wii game original disc on wii u and i got this error message :

Fatal Error
Msg: ospanic redirected
File: gcrun.cpp
Line: 140
This is an unofficial build

The game disc is sure official ...
Can anyone help me with this problem ?

Thank you very much

Ryssak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello, I can not know English to help me in my Wii U 5.5.1 is there a way to hack ... In my language a little information please reply ...

Ryssak13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Помощь взломать "vWii" есть, вот что, но не работает при попытке выбора, чтобы установить это то, что выходит ... 12345.jpg не трудно написать мне через переводчика может написать в Skype логин: Ryssak13

Attachments

• 12345.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 574
  • 12345.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 442

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Помощь взломать "vWii" есть, вот что, но не работает при попытке выбора, чтобы установить это то, что выходит ... 12345.jpg не трудно написать мне через переводчика может написать в Skype логин: Ryssak13
Google Translate Translation: Help crack the "vWii" is, that's what, but does not work when you try to select to set is that leaves ... 12345.jpg not difficult to write me through the interpreter can write in the Skype Name: Ryssak13

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Google Translate Translation: Help crack the "vWii" is, that's what, but does not work when you try to select to set is that leaves ... 12345.jpg not difficult to write me through the interpreter can write in the Skype Name: Ryssak13
Haha funny, google translate does a bad job with this.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...