Hacking Be careful! Avoid the Super Update Nag

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super because you can't remove it without mods.
Ah okay so there was previously a browser update nag, and now it became persistent and permanent. If its unavoidable, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of staying on lower firmware? Like waiting for the 4.1.0 software exploit for example, if accessing the browser brings up the nag then how do you avoid it at all?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay so there was previously a browser update nag, and now it became persistent and permanent. If its unavoidable, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of staying on lower firmware? Like waiting for the 4.1.0 software exploit for example, if accessing the browser brings up the nag then how do you avoid it at all?
Basically, we have no way of removing the update nag currently. We know exactly how its triggered, but a solution has yet to be implemented. The CFW, Atmosphere, will most likely have a way of fixing the update nag because it will allow us to do anything on the console.

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.1 myself, and have yet to connect to any network or set DNS. My switch and I are just patiently waiting for Atmosphere (also pre-ordered TX). I'm super hesitant on even trying to set DNS, because of this "super nag." Maybe I'll grow some balls and give it a shot, or at least try my 128gb SD card on it. For now though, I'll wait until I see otherwise. I'm extremely patient, but also pretty curious on what prompt will pop up. Decisions, decisions...

Reactions: splinterbr

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.1 myself, and have yet to connect to any network or set DNS. My switch and I are just patiently waiting for Atmosphere (also pre-ordered TX). I'm super hesitant on even trying to set DNS, because of this "super nag." Maybe I'll grow some balls and give it a shot, or at least try my 128gb SD card on it. For now though, I'll wait until I see otherwise. I'm extremely patient, but also pretty curious on what prompt will pop up. Decisions, decisions...
You can only get rid of the super update nag on 3.0. Don't worry, you're not alone in waiting for Atmosphere with a 4.1 Switch.

Reactions: splinterbr
D

Deleted-442439

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Figured if someone was able to do it in Linux it could be done in Hekate.

It can be done, its just that none have gotten round to it yet since toolchains and AMS have been the focus, and the browser is not really needed for lower FW until Deja Vu is released (excluding 3.0.0)

Reactions: zillld

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it patcheble?

Yes, but right now Fusee does not have sdMMC support, so the only way now is to patch it through running Linux on the Switch and then applying a patch from there. Obviously that is not a easy solution, but until more is understood we have to wait.
I have never heard of this?
:unsure:

FahQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is does this prevent me from launching my games? I was going to ask a while ago but I never planned on being out of airplane mode anyway.

stefanbk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a 2.3.0 switch never connected with Wifi(only activated once and checked dns) and I am in airplane mode. Am I safe or could I have this super-nag?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 2.3.0 switch never connected with Wifi(only activated once and checked dns) and I am in airplane mode. Am I safe or could I have this super-nag?
Well you connected to Wi-Fi once which is enough to get the nag. But regardless if you have it or not, you can't use online services anyway so everyone is staying offline. We can't even get rid of it (yet).

Reactions: stefanbk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: